The Student Room Group

Gotta love how Muslim guys think though.

Scroll to see replies

No, I disagree with you OP. I dislike how most Muslim men think.
Reply 41
Original post by xobeauty
You have to get to know someone really well before you jump into a relationship.

And you have to be in a relationship with this "someone" to know them really well.

The fact that religious people think they can know someone really well just by drinking in a bar or watching movies together has always baffled me.
Why is the assumption that for a relationship to be successful you must be married? Why is there an assumption that being in a relationship should lead to marriage?

For a lot off people marriage is an outdated institution where one person has to eventually succeed to the will of another, however obvious or not. The can lead to reductions in career success, personal frustration at the lack of control of one's own future and even being the support for the other person who may be seen as the centre of the relationship. For some it's an unnecessary legal commitment that they don't wish to impose upon themselves as independent adults yet for other's it's the legal security they need in today's society, certainly within the UK, should the relationship fall apart after children have come along.

Marriage is rarely an equal/equitable arrangement and is it really necessary in today's society where equality prevails when single anyway?
How do you know they were muslim? Especially if they were drinking.
Original post by Josb
And you have to be in a relationship with this "someone" to know them really well.

The fact that religious people think they can know someone really well just by drinking in a bar or watching movies together has always baffled me.

Yeah you can learn about someone over time without being in a relationship what are you talking?
Reply 45
Original post by bolly_mad
How do you know they were muslim? Especially if they were drinking.

It's just means they're non-practising Muslims.
Reply 46
Original post by loveleest
No, I disagree with you OP. I dislike how most Muslim men think.

Oh? How do you know how most Muslim men think, do you have the ability to read minds? Do you know most Muslim guys?
Reply 47
Original post by sameehaiqbal
I agree with this statement. You can talk to them over the phone, text them, and as long as the family are aware that they intend to get married/like each other etc then the boy may come over to the girls house or the girl can go to the boys house under parents supervision. They can meet up and talk that way, get to know each other like that without "dating" or having an intimate relationship. I personally think it's better this way.

No it's not it's treating both parties like 5 year olds whose parents are trying to organise a sleepover
Reply 48
Original post by eden3
Oh? How do you know how most Muslim men think, do you have the ability to read minds? Do you know most Muslim guys?

Why didn't you ask OP the same?
I was sitting with a group of guys, they were talking about girls and dating....

Muslim guy was like " why be with a girl if you don't plan on marrying her" which is so true! I thought it was the cutest thing ever.

Why get into a relationship if you don't see a future with them?

Because you need to follow a religion to date for the long term. I'm an atheist who believes in that dating should be for the long term, difference is I dont follow a religion which goes against human rights and womens rights.

Stupid thread.
Ugh I hate that unwrapped sweet analogy, it's a disgusting way to think of women, stop promoting it! Also op I don't think all Muslim boys think like that however I like that way of thinking. You don't even have to think of it as marriage, think of it as; why would you even want to enter a relationship if you don't see youself sharing a future together or being with them for the rest of your life.
Reply 51
Original post by RobML
Why didn't you ask OP the same?

The question is open for everyone, idc who answers it
I agree with this statement. You can talk to them over the phone, text them, and as long as the family are aware that they intend to get married/like each other etc then the boy may come over to the girls house or the girl can go to the boys house under parents supervision. They can meet up and talk that way, get to know each other like that without "dating" or having an intimate relationship. I personally think it's better this way.

What a stupid idea. Friendship isn't the same as dating or being in a relationship - nowhere close. Have fun getting married before having a sex life with your husband and then finding out he's into some really freaky ****, or possibly worse, never wants to have sex.
Why get into a relationship if you don't see a future with them?

'cause sex.
(edited 7 years ago)
Got love for the atheists in this thread. Nailed it.
Original post by Josb

Lol pretty sure I want to know someone for quite some time and have to be interested in them in order for me to marry them.
Reply 56
Original post by Raizelcadres
Lol pretty sure I want to know someone for quite some time and have to be interested in them in order for me to marry them.

The point is you can't really know someone if you don't live with them.
under parents supervision.

Its not quite as easy to form an intimate relationship under these circumstances as you make out though, when you look at the day to day reality of it.
Original post by Josb
The point is you can't really know someone if you don't live with them.

So... are you trying to say you should date one another?
Reply 59
Original post by Raizelcadres
So... are you trying to say you should date one another?

I'm saying that those who say that they can really know someone without being intimate are delusional.

Quick Reply

Latest