The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fefssdf
Oh sorry for reminding you man ; where should you be going to then ?

Oh no, you didn't remind me - I interrupted on your conversation :P Hopefully Newcastle
Original post by Aph
It means they expect to.

Ah thanks
Reply 1442
Original post by fefssdf
Aww yeh it would be nice to meet you to but ideally I want to go to my other choices as the York maths course has all this physics and computing stuff like ewwwww nope but hope you get into York ! What course you applied for ? X

Maths and physics :biggrin: MSci.
Original post by Aph
Maths and physics :biggrin: MSci.

Ahh right well if I do go there then I guess I'll see you and wait you're doing a masters or is it the 4 year course ?
Original post by Sacred Ground
Oh no, you didn't remind me - I interrupted on your conversation :P Hopefully Newcastle

Haha don't worry and ah I like the look of Newcastle actually ; seems a really good student friendly city ! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time there but you may be too drunk to remember it :smile:
Reply 1445
Original post by fefssdf
Ahh right well if I do go there then I guess I'll see you and wait you're doing a masters or is it the 4 year course ?

We'd definitely share lectures.
I'm doing an intergrated masters course,
Original post by Aph
We'd definitely share lectures.
I'm doing an intergrated masters course,

Ah right ; that'll look good on your cv ! I'm considering switching to the 4 year course depending on how much I enjoy my course but likelihood is I will stay for the extra year cause it's another year I don't have to worry about being out in the ' real ' world haha
Reply 1447
Original post by fefssdf
Ah right ; that'll look good on your cv ! I'm considering switching to the 4 year course depending on how much I enjoy my course but likelihood is I will stay for the extra year cause it's another year I don't have to worry about being out in the ' real ' world haha

Well it will help me out more because I want to do a PhD and much like you won't have to worry about a job for an extra 5 years then :biggrin: plus I love learning.
Original post by Aph
Well it will help me out more because I want to do a PhD and much like you won't have to worry about a job for an extra 5 years then :biggrin: plus I love learning.

Oh right I see ; I don't think I'd wanna do a PhD but then again if I like maths enough at uni I might be tempted haha
Reply 1449
Original post by fefssdf
Oh right I see ; I don't think I'd wanna do a PhD but then again if I like maths enough at uni I might be tempted haha

I'm sure you'll be fine whatever you do :h:
Lol literally me right now waiting for results! :erm: 1469658806118.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlayerBB
Lol literally me right now waiting for results! :erm: 1469658806118.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

That'll probably be my reaction also when I log onto UCAS
I have a 3/4 sized bed at home and they also call it a small double (they do make bedding specifically for small doubles in some places - the UK doesn't have queen-sized beds, that's an American thing.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469659012.721673.jpg

Are you AS or A2? - A2

What subjects are you taking? - Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology, Accounting and Further Maths

To which university are you hoping to go? - I havent decided yet as I chose to take a gap year, will be applying to the ones in the US

To study which subject? - Biology most likely

If applicable, what were your AS grades? - AAAAAA

What grades are required for your desired degree? - N/A

What grades are you predicted? - A*A*A*A*A*A

How did your exams go? - I'd say most of them didn't go as well as I hoped they would, but fingers crossed. :unsure:

How are you feeling about results day? - Awfully anxious :woo:

Anything else to add? - Best of Luck to everyone here :five:

Original post by Hopefulmedic15
I have a 3/4 sized bed at home and they also call it a small double (they do make bedding specifically for small doubles in some places - the UK doesn't have queen-sized beds, that's an American thing.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469659012.721673.jpg

Damn I'd love to have that massive bed but the picture of the 4 people made me laugh like the idea of that many people sleeping on one bed like a whole family LMAO
Original post by fefssdf
Honestly don't worry too much like you could be in my situation where your firm and insurance want the same grades and both your uni's aren't in clearing ; arghhhhh

Ah dw though dude you'll do fine :smile:
Original post by Aph
It means they expect to.

Would this apply to courses that are going to be in Adjustment as well?
Reply 1457
Original post by tanyapotter
Would this apply to courses that are going to be in Adjustment as well?

The clearing and adjustment lists are the same yes.
Original post by naz.97
Aqa psych. Decent papers tbh, expecting an A wbu?

Pretty much the same the papers were alright but the loopa predictions literally ruined a 24 marker in each paper for me. For Unit 3 the aggression one was completely wrong like the guy said it is the least likely to come up and in unit 4 the that schizophrenia was a repeat of last year so i never bothered to look at it too much. Hopefully my other essays helped boost my grade as i thought they went quite well.
Original post by vik1234
Ah dw though dude you'll do fine :smile:

I just need to find a suitable ' backup ' uni lol cause otherwise I'll be heading for an unplanned gap year ! Argh

Quick Reply

Latest