The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elle_w
I did AQA psychology, I thought both papers were pretty good especially unit 4 😆 hopefully will get an A*. How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome good to know :smile:
For me the papers were okay just that loopa screwed me over but apart from that it was all good lol.
Expecting an A hopefully.
Original post by fefssdf
I did AQA psychology and I think the exams went really well so I'm expecting an A and seeing as loopa flopped with his predictions this year I doubt the boundaries will shift that much ; will probably drop down a mark or so if anything :smile:

Exactly dude i can't believe his predictions screwed most of us over :/
Hopefully they are lower lol at least i'll have a better chance at a better grade that way lol
Original post by vik1234
Pretty much the same the papers were alright but the loopa predictions literally ruined a 24 marker in each paper for me. For Unit 3 the aggression one was completely wrong like the guy said it is the least likely to come up and in unit 4 the that schizophrenia was a repeat of last year so i never bothered to look at it too much. Hopefully my other essays helped boost my grade as i thought they went quite well.

The sheer volume of people relying on the loopa predictions means the boundaries should drop a bit considering messing up 1 question in psya3 can mean a grade or even two grades dropped so a lot of people will end up doing worse then they had hoped for . But bare in mind that AQA are very very aware of the use of model answers and in the examiner reports from last year the use of model answers is mentioned throughout to the point at which examiners are advised to check if a candidates work resembles that of a model answer so people who copied of loopa are unlikely to get their A*'s !
I'm very pleased at how random the papers were this year meaning people relying on predictions learnt a lesson that you must revise all the content no matter how frequently it's been asked in the past as at the end of the day if it's in the spec then there's no reason why it shouldn't be asked
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by musicisellipsis
I do psychology and history, which topics did you do for each? I'm literally relying on coursework for history... praying to scrap an A somehow! The psychology papers were decent though

How about you??

PSYA3 - Bio rhythms, Relationships and Agression
PSYA4 - Addiction and Schizo

History - HIS3M (Britain 1906-51)

Psychology was alright yeah and history was a decent paper for me as well they literally asked us to argue whether we should stay in the EU or not in the 45 marker lol.
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I did A2 politics (3+4C) and 3 didn't go so great, but I felt better about 4. Don't really know what to expect :frown:

Same dude. Both papers were decent just that they wording of the Congress 45 marker was kinda weird which is the one i did in my unit 4 exam. Hopefully it goes well for the both of us :smile:
Original post by fefssdf
I just need to find a suitable ' backup ' uni lol cause otherwise I'll be heading for an unplanned gap year ! Argh[/QUOT

Don't stress about it you'll do fine. What course are you looking to apply for just check the telegraph for the unis in clearing for the course but hopefully you won't be looking at those unis on results day :wink:
[QUOTE="vik1234;66635482"]
Original post by fefssdf
I just need to find a suitable ' backup ' uni lol cause otherwise I'll be heading for an unplanned gap year ! Argh[/QUOT

Don't stress about it you'll do fine. What course are you looking to apply for just check the telegraph for the unis in clearing for the course but hopefully you won't be looking at those unis on results day :wink:

Applying to maths ; have a few places in mind but haven't visited them apart from one and I'm struggling to decide so I think maybe a gap year would be a good option as j could retake a maths unit to try to get up to an A* at alevel or even do further maths A2 so idk there's options there I guess ; I'll do some more research tho
Anyone else worried about their OCR F325 chemistry grade? :frown:
Are the clearing lists actually accurate? My course is there so I was thinking there's still space. But then again, it seems like every course is. I feel like the uni just listed everything and wanted people to enquire. Or is that not allowed?
Three weeks today; oh hell no.
Hi y'all

I'm receiving 2 AS results this summer (Drama and Theatre Studies)

Just kind of dropped in for the ride really.

Lots of love to everyone
Anyone going to Boardmasters the week before results? Should be a good thing to take mind off it
On the down side, results day is 21 days away.
On the up side, I get to see my parents for the first time since Christmas in 20 days.

However, they're gonna be there when the results get emailed to me, and IDK how I feel about that. Last year, I went to pick up my results by myself, so I had time to absorb them and celebrate with friends before I had to call my family. I guess it'll be nice (if I do well - if I don't, it'll be a nightmare!) to experience it from a different perspective?
Original post by fefssdf

Damn I'd love to have that massive bed but the picture of the 4 people made me laugh like the idea of that many people sleeping on one bed like a whole family LMAO

Lol, I found it funny too but my mental image was not as clean as yours - no family was involved :L

Reminds me of the bed from kanye's famous video :P
Reply 1474
3 weeks today:s-smilie:
Also who's the on ball person who is updating this every midnight?
Original post by Elliot_97
Anyone else worried about their OCR F325 chemistry grade? :frown:

How did you find the paper?
Original post by Aph
That count down is back :hide:

What countdown?

Original post by xxvine
The SCLY4 exam was horrible. Wonder how I did tbh.

SCLY4 messed my whole Sociology grade up, it was nothing short of evil :angry:
No matter what size your uni bed is GET A DOUBLE DUVET!
Did anyone do the new AS AQA physics exam paper 2? I thought it was really hard
20 days guys

Quick Reply

Latest