The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by y-hus
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters.

Wa'alaikum Assalaam :smile:
Reply 981
Original post by y-hus
:smile:I'm new to this site and I stumbled upon this thread so I thought I'd give my salaam.

You are most welcome here :h:
Reply 982
Original post by h333
You are most welcome here :h:

Reply 983
Original post by y-hus

No problem :smile: how are you?
Reply 984
Original post by h333
No problem :smile: how are you?

I'm great Alhamdulilah. You?
Reply 985
Original post by y-hus
I'm great Alhamdulilah. You?

Great to hear. Alhamdulillah same.
Reply 986
Original post by Hydeman
Are you advocating regime change in Syria? :ninja:
the "West" is damned if it intervenes in Syria, and damned if it doesn't
Ibn Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said to a man and he was admonishing him, “Take advantage of five before five: your youth before your old age, your health before your illness, your riches before your poverty, your leisure before your work, and your life before your death.”

Source: Shu’ab al-Imān 9575

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani
Original post by y-hus
:smile:I'm new to this site and I stumbled upon this thread so I thought I'd give my salaam.

Wasalam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;PIhuAnB2w0s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIhuAnB2w0s[/video]
Original post by Hydeman
Are you advocating regime change in Syria? :ninja:

It is not me who wants the change. it's the people of Syria who rose up asking for their freedoms but then were gunned down, gassed and cluster bombed for daring to ask for said freedom.
Original post by Al-farhan
It is not me who wants the change. it's the people of Syria who rose up asking for their freedoms but then were gunned down, gassed and cluster bombed for daring to ask for said freedom.

So, thereotically, you would be okay with international forces removing the Assad regime? You wouldn't see this as imperialism, an attempt to maintain Western hegemony, etc.? :holmes:

I only ask because this might be the first time in a long while that I've been surprised by something a Muslim has said (no offence :tongue:).
Original post by Hydeman
So, thereotically, you would be okay with international forces removing the Assad regime? You wouldn't see this as imperialism, an attempt to maintain Western hegemony, etc.? :holmes:

I only ask because this might be the first time in a long while that I've been surprised by something a Muslim has said (no offence :tongue:).

No offence taken.
To be truthful,when I mention the international community it doesn't just mean the west. It includes Arabs, UN, Turkey..etc
The other point being that the people were doing fine on their own taking down the butcher till nefarious regional players and Russia came in to tip the power (via indiscriminate killing) in favour of the regime.
While the entire international community looks on and can only ''condemn'' or ''express worry'' over increasing humanitarian crisis.
Original post by Hydeman
x

Ps are these your two fav emojis :tongue:
:ninja:
:holmes:
No offence taken.
To be truthful,when I mention the international community it doesn't just mean the west. It includes Arabs, UN, Turkey..etc

But there are interventions involving broad coalitions like that that still get derided as Western imperialism, e.g. the current coalition carrying out airstrikes against the IS, which includes many Arab countries.

Anyway, how long do you think would be proper for any international force to stay in Syria, post-Assad? :beard:

The other point being that the people were doing fine on their own taking down the butcher till nefarious regional players and Russia came in to tip the power (via indiscriminate killing) in favour of the regime.
While the entire international community looks on and can only ''condemn'' or ''express worry'' over increasing humanitarian crisis.

Even before foreign powers intervened in support of the regime, the opposition groups were united only in their goal of removing the regime, so it's reasonable to think that there would have been a civil war between competing rebel groups even if Assad had been overthrown, as has happened in Libya. I see your point though.

Also, I do feel that though we're not doing enough, we are doing more than just condemning and expressing worry - sending aid, accepting refugees (however reluctantly), etc. >_>

Ps are these your two fav emojis :tongue:
:ninja:
:holmes:

Haha, I do overuse :holmes: so I guess that one is a favourite; can't say the same for :ninja: though. xD I wish there was a way to track emoji usage...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar
[video="youtube;PIhuAnB2w0s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIhuAnB2w0s[/video]

Very good. Should post this in some of the Islam bashing threads.
Original post by redleader1
Very good. Should post this in some of the Islam bashing threads.

Lol go for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salam... Where is everyone :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending