The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mascherano never gets the credit he deserves, very underrated player.

That midfield you had of Alonso, Mascherano and peak Gerrard was very strong.
Original post by That Bearded Man
Still one of the best CDMs in the world.

I guess I was surprised because I always thought he was a strong player for us but I didn't think he could be a great player at a bigger club.

Original post by sr90

I think being at Barcelona helps him - they way they play means he's a de facto DM playing in a CB position and his focus is to snuff out and stop any danger. During his time at Liverpool, he sometimes needed to start attacks from deep which isn't a strength for him and he'd often lose the ball under pressure.
Original post by sr90

Honestly I don't think many thought his career would go as it did once he left Liverpool.

You could see players like Alonso we're going to prosper, but it's a pleasant surprise that Mascherano went the way he did.

This season is gonna be crazy. Even if you completely ignore the players each team has, look at the list of managers at the top clubs! It's unreal...
No Sturridge, Clyne, Wijnaldum, Origi, Benteke v Chelsea. Firmino, Coutinho, Mane set to start. Henderson, Milner, Lallana to get some mins.
Klopp confirms that he sent Sakho home due to him breaking club rules, late to the US, missed treatment session and late to the team meal.

This is attitude problem then, not injury as some were making out. Be interesting to see how Klopp handles this next week when he returns from US.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr tim
Klopp confirms that he sent Sakho home due to him breaking club rules, late to the US, missed training session and late to the team meal.

This is attitude problem then, not injury as some were making out. Be interesting to see how Klopp handles this next week when he returns from US.

I don't think people need to make a big deal about this.

Sakho broke the rules and he was dealt with swiftly and effectively. The man may be a great player but Klopp is showing that he'll take no nonsense and that nobody is above reproach.

However with this being the transfer window, I'm sure there will be all too many stupid articles linking Sakho to other clubs...
Yeah, I'm sure he'll still be in Klopp's plans. But no chance now for the people who wanted him to be new captain.
Apparently we lost 1-0 to Chelsea early this morning in a friendly.

Sounds like it was a rubbish match, glad I didn't get up early.

We're playing AC Milan at 3am on Sunday morning though; might get up to watch that...why not?
Original post by Zerforax
I guess I was surprised because I always thought he was a strong player for us but I didn't think he could be a great player at a bigger club.

I think being at Barcelona helps him - they way they play means he's a de facto DM playing in a CB position and his focus is to snuff out and stop any danger. During his time at Liverpool, he sometimes needed to start attacks from deep which isn't a strength for him and he'd often lose the ball under pressure.

This is why I was shocked when it sounded like he was heading for Juventus. He really stepped up when he joined Barca, has become a top quality CB, was the best player at the 2014 World Cup and no doubt would still be quality at CDM. Must be the one of the most underrated players in football. Tax issues maybe though.
Original post by samir12
To quote a scouser in my office at work: "Liverpool is actually a good city, it's just full of ******s"

London would also be great without the people..

Original post by mr tim
Klopp confirms that he sent Sakho home due to him breaking club rules, late to the US, missed treatment session and late to the team meal.

I guess since he's not going to be involved in the pre-season, it's easier to punish him now and come across strict? Lays down the law while Sakho just goes back to get the same/better treatment.

Original post by Samiz
Yeah, I'm sure he'll still be in Klopp's plans. But no chance now for the people who wanted him to be new captain.

Isn't even certain if he'll be a first choice CB, nevermind captain..

Original post by Lúcio
Apparently we lost 1-0 to Chelsea early this morning in a friendly.

Sounds like it was a rubbish match, glad I didn't get up early.

We're playing AC Milan at 3am on Sunday morning though; might get up to watch that...why not?

Chelsea (4-2-4): Begovic; Aina, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Willian (Pedro 67), Traore (Batshuayi 67), Loftus-Cheek (Chalobah 72), Moses (Cuadrado 67).

Liverpool Karius, Randall (Markovic 63), Lovren (c) (Wisdom 63), Klavan, Moreno (Branagan 82), Stewart (Arnold-Alexander 82), Ejaria (Henderson 63), Grujic (Lallana h-t), Mane (Ojo 63), Coutinho (Wisdom 63), Firmino (Ings 63).

Not exactly stellar first team sides? Fabregas the **** got a red card for a nasty tackle on Klavan (even if he did apology in the dressing room after).
Reply 8730
Yeah you lot are crap. Fabs challenge could easily have been a yellow too since it's a friendly and you still didn't beat a 10 man Chelsea side.
Original post by mhsc
Actually, with London, I completely disagree. The good thing about London is the people. Just not the English ones.

We are a nation of scum.

Wow you are racist filth.
Reply 8732
Original post by mhsc
Actually, with London, I completely disagree. The good thing about London is the people. Just not the English ones.

We are a nation of scum.

Agree.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yeah you lot are crap. Fabs challenge could easily have been a yellow too since it's a friendly and you still didn't beat a 10 man Chelsea side.

The fact that Fabregas got a red in a friendly says a lot about the challenge and he even apologised after the game.

Going down to 10 men isn't gonna make much difference when you are just defending in numbers for the whole game anyway. We are crap at breaking down packed defences but it was far from our strongest side and its preseason.
Original post by bammy jastard 27

It's a friendly pal, don't get hype...
Reply 8735
Original post by Lúcio
It's a friendly pal, don't get hype...

Just stating
Love how it's just a friendly when you don't win, but gas levels went through the roof when Grujic put a MOTM performance in against ****ing Fleetwood.
Reply 8737
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Love how it's just a friendly when you don't win, but gas levels went through the roof when Grujic put a MOTM performance in against ****ing Fleetwood.

Please listen to my facts link, you'll like it.
Reply 8738
Original post by Sun_Bear
Wow you are racist filth.

Plz explain which race I offended
Original post by Zayn is Bae

Hehe true x

Pre-season optimism isn't it!!

Latest