The Student Room Group

How much dental work ( fillings etc) have you had done and how old are you ?

Just out of curiosity and do you think there is a certain amount of genetic vulnerability when it comes to teeth or do you believe its purely environmental.
Nothing and 17
3 small fillings and 14
a gold cap and 21
I'm 22 and I've had a lot done but that was mainly because I fell over when running in a playground when I was 11 and knocked out two of my front adult teeth, and breaking my other front tooth. They actually managed to successfully put my teeth back into my mouth (and just built up the broken one to the same length). However as my teeth weren't fully grown at the time, I had to periodically visit the dental hospital for the next 5 years as they had to fool my teeth into thinking they were still alive (the nerves in the teeth had died) so they would continue to grow. One of the two teeth they put back in ended up being ankylosed (fused directly to the bone as the ligament between the bone and tooth had been broken), which means it's higher than the rest of my teeth. However 11 years on and they are all still my own teeth.

I also have one filling (that I didn't know I had until it fell out at the airport when I was about to go on holiday, queue panic as I thought my tooth had broken. Got it sorted when I came back, wasn't a big problem.)
Reply 5
Original post by Midnight Star
I'm 22 and I've had a lot done but that was mainly because I fell over when running in a playground when I was 11 and knocked out two of my front adult teeth, and breaking my other front tooth. They actually managed to successfully put my teeth back into my mouth (and just built up the broken one to the same length). However as my teeth weren't fully grown at the time, I had to periodically visit the dental hospital for the next 5 years as they had to fool my teeth into thinking they were still alive (the nerves in the teeth had died) so they would continue to grow. One of the two teeth they put back in ended up being ankylosed (fused directly to the bone as the ligament between the bone and tooth had been broken), which means it's higher than the rest of my teeth. However 11 years on and they are all still my own teeth.

I also have one filling (that I didn't know I had until it fell out at the airport when I was about to go on holiday, queue panic as I thought my tooth had broken. Got it sorted when I came back, wasn't a big problem.)

WOW ! That's a lot of work done. I knocked out my 2 front baby teeth in a bike accident, only notice it by one of my adult teeth is slightly futher forward than the other.

Ive had a baby tooth removed and 3 small fillings and im 18 going on 19 :smile:
Original post by im.a.witch
Just out of curiosity and do you think there is a certain amount of genetic vulnerability when it comes to teeth or do you believe its purely environmental.

25 - had one small filling when I was about 14 or 15. Nothing more so far and don't intend to have any work done on my teeth.
I had braces but that's it, I'm 18
Reply 8
I've had one filling (about 7 years ago - I had a phase where I was certain you didn't need to brush your teeth/was too lazy) and I'm 18 now.
Reply 9
Only one filling thankfully, don't want anymore. Getting a filling is annoying
I've had nothing done and I'm 23. I've been lucky that my teeth have grown quite straight and my general gum and tooth health has always been perfect. My jaw is small though so there is a bit of overcrowding, I'm hoping to have that fixed with some invisible braces when I can afford it.
Im 17 and have a silver crown, its sooo cool but noone notices it:angry:
Reply 12
None and I'm 19.
All teeth removed age 20. Never saw toothpaste till I was 21. Not uncommon as brought up in care and toothpaste/brushes weren't on the shopping list.
Braces due to underbite but nothing else. 22.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending