The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dez

You're inventing ideas out of thin air here.

No, I am using empirical data.

The evidence that Muslims are not integrating into western societies is everywhere on the news.

Please don't tell me that you haven't noticed? Is the denial that strong?

With Europe in flames, the very worst thing we can do is to pour petrol on the fire by importing even more Muslims.

We need to make sensible policy decisions not listen to the virtue signallers who have got us into this mess in the first place and now that we are in deep $hit, close their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears and go "la la la."

Original post by Dez

Are you really comparing the situation in Germany to the Scottish isles? Seriously? :lolwut:

I am comparing the Scottish Isles not just to Germany, but to every location in Western Europe that has taken in Muslim refugees.

Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Greece, Italy.

Seriously.
ungrateful ****s:
Original post by Dez
Did you read the other article he linked?

That article does not name the person who gave the quote.

So how do you know it was the same family?

It seems two articles have been posted one is dishonest the other is so vague as to be worthless
Reply 83
Original post by generallee
The evidence that Muslims are not integrating into western societies is everywhere on the news.

Right, there's absolutely no way that could be biased, missampled or otherwise inaccurate. :rolleyes:

Please don't tell me that you haven't noticed? Is the denial that strong?

Last time I checked there haven't been all that many terrorist attacks on Scotland.

With Europe in flames, the very worst thing we can do is to pour petrol on the fire by importing even more Muslims.

We need to make sensible policy decisions not listen to the virtue signallers who have got us into this mess in the first place and now that we are in deep $hit, close their eyes, stick their fingers in their ears and go "la la la."

I am comparing the Scottish Isles not just to Germany, but to every location in Western Europe that has taken in Muslim refugees.

Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Greece, Italy.

This kind of emotive, factless *******s is exactly what I was referring to. You're asserting facts that are simply not true, based on flaky evidence and extremely biased sources. And comparing the UK to countries like Sweden is laughable, the situation we have is absolutely nothing like what they're facing on the continent. You can't extrapolate from a few grumbles from a handful of refugees and say authoritatively that we're on a non-stop course to having Scotland taken over by Muslims. Pure fantasy.

Original post by BaconandSauce
That article does not name the person who gave the quote.

So how do you know it was the same family?

It seems two articles have been posted one is dishonest the other is so vague as to be worthless

AFAIK the original story used pseudonyms? So basically, both sides of the coin are a bit dubious at this point.
Original post by Dez

AFAIK the original story used pseudonyms? So basically, both sides of the coin are a bit dubious at this point.

There's a difference between using pseudonyms to protect someones identity and claiming a un-quoted sentence is from the same person.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Liberal compassion Zealots really are bullies and totalitarians at heart aren't they?

Meh, if this is the first time you've been on the receiving end of this kind of thing then count yourself lucky and it's definitely not just the "Liberal compassion Zealots" . :wink:
Original post by dingleberry jam
Meh, if this is the first time you've been on the receiving end of this kind of thing then count yourself lucky and it's definitely not just the "Liberal compassion Zealots" . :wink:

What you've been lied about and silenced? It seems many younger people don't respect our traditions of liberty and free speech. Very Un-British, I saw it in remaniacs too. Maybe it's another side effect of mass immigration, and/or cultural obliteration, they happened at the same time, alongside each other, and now there is a generation raised in a divided society with no memory of our former liberties, and a sense of the right to not be offended by the 'wrong opinions'(not to mention believing anything goes in stopping people saying them) and an ethos that could be genuine threat to future liberty. That's why I take it seriously.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 87
What you've been lied about and silenced? It seems many younger people don't respect our traditions of liberty and free speech. Very Un-British, I saw it in remaniacs too. Maybe it's another side effect of mass immigration, and/or cultural obliteration, they happened at the same time, alongside each other, and now there is a generation raised in a divided society with a sense of the rights to not be offended by the 'wrong opinions'(not to mention believing anything goes in stopping people saying them) and an ethos that could be genuine threat to future liberty. That's why I take it seriously.

It seems a lot of people in this thread are "offended by the 'wrong opinions' "; these damn ingrates, not thinking their life is brilliant, how dare they..
What you've been lied about and silenced?

Oh yes, plenty.

It seems many younger people don't respect our traditions of liberty and free speech. Very Un-British, I saw it in remaniacs too.

You get it with remaniacs and brexiters, sjws and free speech warriors.

Maybe it's another side effect of mass immigration, and/or cultural obliteration, they happened at the same time, alongside each other, and now there is a generation raised in a divided society with a sense of the rights to not be offended by the 'wrong opinions'(not to mention believing anything goes in stopping people saying them) and an ethos that could be genuine threat to future liberty.

It's just a side effect of being a *******.
Original post by Dez

This kind of emotive, factless *******s is exactly what I was referring to. You're asserting facts that are simply not true, based on flaky evidence and extremely biased sources.

I am saying we should take no more Muslim refugees beyond those already here.

None. Not one more.

And that we should fulfil our refugee commitment by taking in Christians who are being persecuted in the Middle East.

On compassionate grounds and because they are much more likely to be grateful. But also for selfish reasons, because even if they find the adjustment hard, they will eventually integrate. Certainly they won't behead our citizens or rape them. Or place bombs in music festivals.

Pretty nifty, huh? What's not to like?

And let me tell you, my views are far closer to those of the great British public than yours.
They are like the cheapest places to live.
Reply 91
Original post by AlexanderHam
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/25/syrian-refugees-resettled-on-remote-scottish-island-of-bute-comp/

The Bute local authority volunteered to house these people, and they are also permitted to work so nothing is stopping them going to Manchester or Glasgow. Of course that would mean actually getting a job rather than expecting everything to be handed to them.

I'm so ****ing sick of these people. Two of the three violent/terrorist incidents in Germany this month were carried out by refugees. It was a mistake to let them in, they clearly despise us and our culture anyway.

Not exciting enough?
getem some sheep

Spoiler

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
It seems a lot of people in this thread are "offended by the 'wrong opinions' "; these damn ingrates, not thinking their life is brilliant, how dare they..

Not sure what you're talking about. I'm talking of censorship or silencing and lying directed towards those with a non-PC opinion who are simply concerned about their civilization. Why don't you just make your point, instead of saying something passive-aggressive?
He says enough positive things about the UK. Its just one persons view and there are many other refugees in the UK.

I can imagine its pretty but isolating as there is high unemployment and not much of an ethnic community, so it must seem strange. A job would keep him occupied. Dont often see the telegraph lifting stories from the DM.
Reply 94
Not sure what you're talking about. I'm talking of censorship or silencing and lying directed towards those with a non-PC opinion who are simply concerned about their civilization. Why don't you just make your point, instead of saying something passive-aggressive?

Well to be honest I didn't know what your opinion on the main topic of this thread was, if you have stated it I have forgotten/not read it, but I was basically making a point with regards to people who will complain a lot about people finding things too offensive, but then be overly sensitive themselves (not accusing you of this, but getting the idea from your comment). A lot of the people harshly criticising the migrants on here for having certain views/complaints in their situation, and getting super butthurt and antagonistic over it, are the same people who criticise others for getting super butthurt and antagonistic over simple words/opinions/political views. It seems sort of hypocritical. I am increasingly frustrated by people seeming to look for an agenda all the time; the "right" (the labels of left and right seem warped and out of line with their original meaning nowadays, but oh well) will see any refugee doing anything remotely disagreeable and paint them as part of some overarching problem, attacking them with the same vitriol that they attack the rapists with. The "left" will put anything, from the remotely disagreeable to the downright evil, done by a refugee under the rug, driven by a misguided sense of the greater good/avoiding generalisations/trying not to be racist.
Again I am not accusing you of anything, just talking about general things I have noticed.
I'm talking of censorship or silencing and lying directed towards those with a non-PC opinion

I thought that was the whole point of this thread, to shut those immigrants up.
Original post by dingleberry jam
I thought that was the whole point of this thread, to shut those immigrants up.

I now have no clue what you are talking about. I thought you were rational before.
I now have no clue what you are talking about.

Maybe that's your problem, could it be that you're so blinkered by bias you don't see it when your own tribe does it?
Reply 98
I am saying we should take no more Muslim refugees beyond those already here.

None. Not one more.

And that we should fulfil our refugee commitment by taking in Christians who are being persecuted in the Middle East.

On compassionate grounds and because they are much more likely to be grateful. But also for selfish reasons, because even if they find the adjustment hard, they will eventually integrate. Certainly they won't behead our citizens or rape them. Or place bombs in music festivals.

Pretty nifty, huh? What's not to like?

And let me tell you, my views are far closer to those of the great British public than yours.

Yeah, good luck with that. I'm sure the UN won't have anything to say about such blatant discrimination, and it definitely won't end up as a complete diplomatic meltdown.
Original post by Dez
Yeah, good luck with that. I'm sure the UN won't have anything to say about such blatant discrimination, and it definitely won't end up as a complete diplomatic meltdown.

There wouldn't be a complete diplomatic meltdown. And who cares what the UN, run by a bunch of corrupt dictators, thinks? We don't have to take any refugees from the Middle East. We are doing all of this out of the goodness of our hearts.

What I find instructive is how you think it is "blatant discrimination" to rescue Christians who are being persecuted. Don't you care about them? Why not?

Do you have any idea what is happening to Christians in the Middle East? What so shocked us in Normandy is sadly a familiar event in Iraq and Syria.

I'll give you a quote, reported in today's Times, from the the Chaldean Archbishop of Baghdad, Louis Sako:

"We feel forgotten and isolated. We sometimes wonder, if they kill us all, what would be the reaction of Christians in the West? Would they do something then?"

Latest

Trending

Trending