The Student Room Group

Eversheds Video Interview Training Contract for 2018

Has anyone done the video interview with Eversheds? They recently implemented it a few months ago and so all their advice on the telephone interview and face to face interview is irrelevant. It's 4 questions consisting of 60 seconds and 30 seconds of preparation.

Anyone done it these past few days? Is it all competency based?

I'm desperate to understand what to expect as I know literally no one who has gone through this!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I've received an invite too but haven't taken the interview yet - I'm hoping there's only so much damage they can do with 4 questions! Surely one of the will be why eversheds?!
I did a video interview for DWF vac scheme and it was much longer and mainly motivation & competency based - why law, why a large commercial firm, why them, a creative/innovative idea you've had, a time you went beyond expectations. Assuming that this one will be similar and largely competency based!
Reply 2
Hey guys, have you heard from Eversheds post video interview? I've only just found this discussion but I did mine at the beginning of July and still haven't heard...
Reply 3
Original post by alove14
Hey guys, have you heard from Eversheds post video interview? I've only just found this discussion but I did mine at the beginning of July and still haven't heard...

Hey, no I haven't heard - I tried to do it asap as they said they were reviewing as they came in, but it would seem now if you haven't heard ether!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I haven't heard back either! I think they are very close to telling us though as last week a member of hr said they'd be announced within a week. Which office did you guys apply for?
Reply 5
Original post by itsreem55
I haven't heard back either! I think they are very close to telling us though as last week a member of hr said they'd be announced within a week. Which office did you guys apply for?

Oh really, did you email them?
Manchester :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by soph497
Oh really, did you email them?
Manchester :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup I have close contact with someone from hr haha. He's an angel and answers all my questions.

Cardiff!
Reply 7

ahhh ok cool well hopefully we find out soon! I've applied for Cardiff too :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by alove14
ahhh ok cool well hopefully we find out soon! I've applied for Cardiff too :smile:

Oh nice that's very interesting! Maybe we will see each other on the day and collaborate :P
Reply 9
Oh nice that's very interesting! Maybe we will see each other on the day and collaborate :P

I saw on the TC 2018 thread that somebody already has their AC and heard back on Monday. Fingers crossed we will do soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by soph497
I saw on the TC 2018 thread that somebody already has their AC and heard back on Monday. Fingers crossed we will do soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

\Did you guys submit your application very late? I'm of the impression they assess applications in batches. I applied quite late and got my video interview quite late too!
Reply 11
\Did you guys submit your application very late? I'm of the impression they assess applications in batches. I applied quite late and got my video interview quite late too!

I applied start of June and it took over a month to get my video interview. Maybe they do it in batches by office

Posted from TSR Mobile
I completed my video interview a month ago also, so would that be a week from now we should heard back by?

I applied for the London office
Reply 13
Hey guys - just thought I would let you know I heard back this evening and have been invited to an AC! Hope you all get positive responses too!
Original post by alove14
Hey guys - just thought I would let you know I heard back this evening and have been invited to an AC! Hope you all get positive responses too!

Hi congrats! Just wondering did you have a telephone interview before and if you could give any tips on it? I am also struggling to get a spot as it says there are none available did you have this problem? Thanks
Reply 15
Original post by Reyanp23
Hi congrats! Just wondering did you have a telephone interview before and if you could give any tips on it? I am also struggling to get a spot as it says there are none available did you have this problem? Thanks

They aren't doing telephone interviews in this recruitment cycle as far as I'm aware... I did a video interview! Are you sure you haven't received a video interview invite? My system said book telephone interview but I had to complete a video one so I would double check your junk mail!
Original post by alove14

Or is the telephone interview the video interview? It says on my applicant page telephone interview, but i submitted a video interview a month ago?
Reply 17
Or is the telephone interview the video interview? It says on my applicant page telephone interview, but i submitted a video interview a month ago?

The telephone interview message is a glitch

They've migrated to video interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

Ahhh okay - yeah I did mine on the 5th of July (I think) and only just heard back! Fingers crossed for you!
Original post by alove14
They aren't doing telephone interviews in this recruitment cycle as far as I'm aware... I did a video interview! Are you sure you haven't received a video interview invite? My system said book telephone interview but I had to complete a video one so I would double check your junk mail!

So it basically just has not updated. Can I also ask you did you have to do a face to face interview prior to your AC invite? Or was the last thing you submitted your vid interview? Thanks and congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending