The Student Room Group

Are you currently in a relationship?

Poll

Are you currently in a relationship?

Simple yay or nay! :h:

If you are then what do you enjoy about being in one?

On the other hand, if you are single then what do you enjoy about that?

Have you ever felt like you've had to be in a relationship? Like there was expectation on you to be in one?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You post lots of threads.
nay
Reply 3
Guess.
Reply 4
The feeling of being loved. :love: It gives me a lovely sense of security.
Noo lol
Reply 6
Original post by Davalla
You post lots of threads.

'tis my job :u:
Original post by PugDevil

Have you ever felt like you've had to be in a relationship? Like there was expectation on you to be in one?

I'm a single Pringle and perfectly happy. I've felt social pressure to be in one, but I don't think I've ever genuinely wanted a parter. Maybe some time in the future, but not right now.
Reply 8
No. Never have. Never will.
Reply 9
Original post by Platopus
I'm a single Pringle and perfectly happy. I've felt social pressure to be in one, but I don't think I've ever genuinely wanted a parter. Maybe some time in the future, but not right now.

Yeah that is fair enough - I feel as though it is something that should always be your call. There are pros and cons to being in and out of a relationship. It should be based on purely what you're happy with :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by eden3

And why is that? :frown: (Don't worry about replying if you think I'm being too nosy! Apologies if I am :smile:)
Attachment not found
Original post by eden3

Lmfao man you make me laugh so much.
Reply 13
And why is that? :frown: (Don't worry about replying if you think I'm being too nosy! Apologies if I am :smile:)

No that's okay. :smile: It's not by choice, it's because of my looks... I know they say looks aren't everything but I find that extremely hard to believe considering how I look and the rejections I've had. I guess people like myself just weren't cut out for dating.
Original post by xobeauty
Lmfao man you make me laugh so much.

:lol: I'm glad I can make you laugh, although I was actually being serious this time haha.
Reply 14
Original post by eden3
No that's okay. :smile: It's not by choice, it's because of my looks... I know they say looks aren't everything but I find that extremely hard to believe considering how I look and the rejections I've had. I guess people like myself just weren't cut out for dating.

Although it is a cliche, most cliches have truth to them - never say never. You will find someone out there that you will be happy with! Rejections are never nice but try and think that it is their loss and move on. I promise you, just keep trying and you'll find someone :smile:
Yes for 6 months now :love:

Yes and we are both extremely happy in it. :smile:
Original post by eden3

:lol: I'm glad I can make you laugh, although I was actually being serious this time haha.

Nah your prolly decent looking , up the confidence game and it should be easy.
Reply 18
Original post by drowzee
Yes for 6 months now :love:

Congrats! :dance:

Before you know it, it'll be a year :tongue: Do you reckon you'll do something special to celebrate?
Been in one for the last 7 and a half years :h: first and only relationship for either of us. My favourite thing about being in a relationship is having someone who is on the same wavelength as me and that I can be totally open with, have a laugh with and knowing that even when they have seen me at my worst, they still love me and see the good in me and the relationship.

There was no expectation for us to get together or be in a relationship. We were best friends before we started going out so friendship is what everyone expected but it developed and I'm glad it did :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending