The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Spock's Socks
Been in one for the last 7 and a half years :h: first and only relationship for either of us. My favourite thing about being in a relationship is having someone who is on the same wavelength as me and that I can be totally open with, have a laugh with and knowing that even when they have seen me at my worst, they still love me and see the good in me and the relationship.

There was no expectation for us to get together or be in a relationship. We were best friends before we started going out so friendship is what everyone expected but it developed and I'm glad it did :smile:

7 and a half is pretty impressive, congrats :biggrin:

My girlfriend and I were a bit strange in that we went through the flirtatious stage before we were really that great friends.. and then we decided maybe we shouldn't get together. But then 6 months later we were great friends and we got together! :u:
Reply 21
Been in one for over two years now. I enjoy the intimacy, non-sexual and sexual, and it is just nice to have someone to be affectionate with. I tend to feel very uncomfortable showing affection in non-romantic relationships.
Nope and unless I get plastic surgery it seems unlikely lol
Reply 23
I would if I had more money
No and I doubt I ever will be and that isn't just pessimism.

'You wil get a boyfriend awww you want one really'

'no i don't'

'No you do really :love:'

'no i really dont....'

So yeh, i dont want to displease myself by going down that route and i dont want to displease others by going with who i want

so a compromise is noone lol
Reply 25
Original post by UWS
I would if I had more money

Being in a relationship can be quite expensive but then you experience more things imo - for example, I wouldn't have been that comfortable going on holiday by myself but since being in a relationship I've been on a holiday every year :h:
Original post by PugDevil
Being in a relationship can be quite expensive but then you experience more things imo - for example, I wouldn't have been that comfortable going on holiday by myself but since being in a relationship I've been on a holiday every year :h:

If you're ugly its money. All the girls that rejected nerdy/ shy guys and dated the bad boys end up switching after uni - they start going for the nerdy guys because they'll make a lot more money than the drop out bad-boy types. Simple rule of life. Gold diggers. *SPITS*
no because only all the wrong people try to pursue me
Was 3 months on Sunday :love:
Where's the "It's complicated" option?
Reply 30
Original post by Moonstruck16
Where's the "It's complicated" option?

If someone else replies with something similiar, I shall add it in :wink:
One of the things I enjoy about being single - is that I only have to worry about myself. I personally feel like it takes a lot of energy and thinking capacity to incorporate another person into my life. Because I treat myself like a valuable payload. I feel like if I was to ever get into one, I would have to treat that person at the same standards I hold myself. I am sure most of you have heard the term of 'not spreading yourself too thin'. Makes me afraid that other parts of my life will diminish if I was to get into one. The worst part is - I have no idea on how to go about the process in getting into a relationship. Since there seems to be no algorithm for it.

I have felt like I needed to be in a relationship before, but I was a child and a complete dunce. My thought process at the time was a sporadic mess of melancholy. Since my friends at the time had a boyfriend/girlfriend, I thought it was the social convention that I have one as well, but never took action. Everyone was engaging in carnal affairs, so there was the expectation that I did the same.
In a relationship. It's really *****y right now. Eh
Nope I'm not in a relationship mainly because it's just a distraction to me. Once I leave school maybe then I'll find someone.

If not then I'll buy dogs :h:
I m engaged and for me the best thing is how we support each other and make each other laugh no matter what and generally make a brilliant team :smile:

Not necessarily, I spend less money as I ve company at home whereas before I d be spending money on stuff as I got bored, you get economies of scale when it's two of you too :smile:
Reply 36
Simple yay or nay! :h:

If you are then what do you enjoy about being in one?

On the other hand, if you are single then what do you enjoy about that?

Have you ever felt like you've had to be in a relationship? Like there was expectation on you to be in one?

Unless you count one with God but I was assuming you meant romantic... so No. :frown:

As for what I enjoy with being single, well there's a tough competition: is it the boredom or the loneliness or the knowing that forever I will be this way?

No. I have never felt pressured to be in one, hence I am not in one now.
No im not in a relationship, but have sometimes thought about what it would be like if i was in one
Been with my boyfriend for two and a half years and couldn't be happier. I'm not someone who feels they need to be in a relationship to be happy, but it's so lovely being able to spend every day with someone who cares for you and loves you, someone you never get bored of etc. My boyfriend is an amazing guy :teehee:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by claireestelle
Not necessarily, I spend less money as I ve company at home whereas before I d be spending money on stuff as I got bored, you get economies of scale when it's two of you too :smile:

Haha, economies of scale :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest