The Student Room Group

HELP, Want to take my girl friend out BUT

Basically I am 18, and she is 15 and said she would bring a friend, we was going to go bowling and stuff, just shopping and that sort of thing. But my step dad and mother said she could just accuse me of doing something I haven't (sexual assault) or something and said I wouldn't be believed and shouldn't go incase they decide they don't like me one day and I end up on the sexual offenders list with a crim record.

What do I do, we'd be in a public place but obviously not on camera the whole time. I honestly don't think she would do this and I really love her. She said she was bringing a friend as it would look odd and she didn't want anyone to see her she knows and spreading rumours, I explained I would bring a friend(he said he couldn't come) incase she ever decided to accuse me of something I haven't done.
What do I do and what is the chances of this happening, is this just to stop me spending money on this girl as my parents don't like her?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's took me 7 months of talking to get her to agree to go on a date with me :/
Reply 2
though I only asked a few times but she's always up for meeting now, we've met with friends before not in public(or with no one around).
Reply 3
halp
Stick with girls your age
if she likes you back then this would never happen.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Lol'd.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
if she likes you back then this would never happen.

Well she's said she likes my personality before but it's her friend as apparently she makes **** up
Reply 9
How terrible you can't even take her on a date without being worried about sexual assault accusations.
It's a tough one but you know her better than any of us.
When does she turn 16?
Reply 11
Dif pal just ask her to play clubs with you and the boyz
Original post by sameehaiqbal
When does she turn 16?

October
Original post by LJayG
How terrible you can't even take her on a date without being worried about sexual assault accusations.
It's a tough one but you know her better than any of us.

It's just my mum and my step dad saying the worst thing that could happen and how it could mess my future up. It didn't even cross my mind before.
The fact that you are this worried about her reporting you is probably a good indication of the state of this relationship. You clearly don't trust her enough and this is one thing that I really don't think can be fixed.

EDIT: Just saw your reply. I don't think this is a good situation. I would normally say "If you like each other blah blah blah age is not important", but this is risky.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
It's took me 7 months of talking to get her to agree to go on a date with me :/

It took 7 months, does this not tell you something? She had to be pursued, she's not an adult dude, though only three years difference, it's still a bit iffy.

What do you hope to gain?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
It took 7 months, does this not tell you something? She had to be pursued, she's not an adult dude, though only three years difference, it's still a bit iffy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want her to be my girlfriend
Original post by SMEGGGY

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's just over 2 years btw
Original post by Moonstruck16
The fact that you are this worried about her reporting you is probably a good indication of the state of this relationship. You clearly don't trust her enough and this is one thing that I really don't think can be fixed.

EDIT: Just saw your reply. I don't think this is a good situation. I would normally say "If you like each other blah blah blah age is not important", but this is risky.

I never trust anyone, it's not really her but her friend and she's easily lead I think.
I love her but I am a very paranoid person at times so, plus I am still going but my parents have **** me up
Original post by Moonstruck16

we're going to a city like place with lots to do by train, but obviously there's not cctv everywhere and my step dad **** me up lol

Quick Reply