The Student Room Group

How to get rid of love handles??

I do HIIT videos a few times a week, and toning exercises too, and no matter how much weight i lose/how flat my stomach gets (it's not very flat haha), my love handles (hip fat and lower back fat), just never shift. I eat well too. What do I do, it's getting me down so much
Original post by danuuutka
I do HIIT videos a few times a week, and toning exercises too, and no matter how much weight i lose/how flat my stomach gets (it's not very flat haha), my love handles (hip fat and lower back fat), just never shift. I eat well too. What do I do, it's getting me down so much

It could just be that your clothes are too small. Or, you are imagining your "love handles" to be bigger than they are. Everyone has love handles to some extent when they wear tight clothes, but they tend to look bigger to your own eyes than everyone else's. Assuming that you are a healthy weight, I wouldn't worry. Otherwise, that is why Spanx exists.

Eat less than you burn
calorie deficit
Its a genetic predisposition to where you store fat. To get fully rid of them, you've got to lose weight. However, whether or not that is a healthy preposition is dependent on your height and current weight
Reply 5
Try twisting sit ups
Reply 6
Skipping works wonders
Reply 7
Original post by Platopus
It could just be that your clothes are too small. Or, you are imagining your "love handles" to be bigger than they are. Everyone has love handles to some extent when they wear tight clothes, but they tend to look bigger to your own eyes than everyone else's. Assuming that you are a healthy weight, I wouldn't worry. Otherwise, that is why Spanx exists.

My issue isn't when I have clothes on, but when I'm naked - it's hard to explain, but like where my hip bones are, it goes in, but above and under it there are bulges, almost like a number 3, and that's what gets me down
Reply 8
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Eat less than you burn

I'm already on 1400 calories a day, if I restrict anymore I'll be not having enough calories in my body, and it risks me going back to eating disorder behaviours
Reply 9
Original post by Angry cucumber
Its a genetic predisposition to where you store fat. To get fully rid of them, you've got to lose weight. However, whether or not that is a healthy preposition is dependent on your height and current weight

Thank you! I'm only 5"2 and weight around 57kg, and it shows on me a lot
My issue isn't when I have clothes on, but when I'm naked - it's hard to explain, but like where my hip bones are, it goes in, but above and under it there are bulges, almost like a number 3, and that's what gets me down

Thank you! I'm only 5"2 and weight around 57kg, and it shows on me a lot

Hmm well your BMI puts you at a healthy weight, so I'm inclined to say that you are imagining it to be worse than it is (not that I am trying to belittle your problems). The only thing I can recommend would be to do some sort of ab workout.
I'm already on 1400 calories a day, if I restrict anymore I'll be not having enough calories in my body, and it risks me going back to eating disorder behaviours

Eat the recommended per day, but just burn 2100 calories
Lose more fat

Original post by Greg Jackson
calorie deficit

das it mane

Just stay at a moderate 500 cal deficit, you can't choose where you lose fat from but if you stay at a deficit the love handles will eventually go
As much cardio as possible perhaps.

Quick Reply

Latest