The Student Room Group

"Dear you...." MKII

Scroll to see replies

Dear you,

I feel really bad typing this, but maybe because it's never been a girl's place to say this. I feel like we've moved too fast, and sleeping together has just skewered what could've been. And I don't know how to put it to you, but I'm trying my best to put it to you gently since your grandfather died and all of that. Please, when I do tell you how I feel about us, don't make it sound like it's all about me because I'm sure you were doubting our relationship's potential at many points, too and it's better to end it now than end it when it's affecting us both seriously. I guess lust got the better of me, and I guess it did you do. I really do want to stay in contact because you're such a special guy but I know that you'll want nothing to do with me, and that's completely understandable.

Believe it or not, I do love you. The amount of times I've typed it and thought '****, not now' is unreal, because I'm too scared of scaring you off but what scares me more is that we'll be torn about by the harsh realities if we carry on pursuing this relationship. I just feel like our relationship will blossom as friends (if you allow it) and will allow me to express myself to you better. You deserve much better.

Love,
me
Dear you,
I wish I could figure out my actual feelings towards you. Then I could stop feeling like I'm poisoning myself and our friendship from the inside because of my stupid (platonic?) crush, or whatever it is. Obsession?
I know you don't feel the same way. It hurts when people think we're involved and you brush it off. I hate that I want you to be happy above all else, and it scares me what I'd do for you. This isn't a romance, yet. But it's worrying how easy it would be to fall in love with you.

I wish this would go away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dear You

We'd literally be so great together :rofl: :love:

I am cautiously optimistic. If it doesn't work out or never gets anywhere near that stage, such is life.

Me
I love you so much, I know we've only just met and you don't think of me as anything more than an acquaintance but you are the first person who has ever made me feel like I mattered. I can't stop thinking about you...
Love Me
Dear you,

I'm proud of you. You did something so courageous to better yourself. I love you with all my heart and I hope things work out for us in the not-so-distant future.

Me.
dear you,
well done, you are pushing yourself out of your comfort zone, telling the truth and accepting everything about yourself finally. just believe that you are amazing and fantastic, you must increase your self esteem.
keep working at it, you are doing so well so far. it is a long uphill struggle, but it will only get better from here.
me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dear You,

I love our little (well, not so little actually!) conversations that cover everything from exams to funny anecdotes to politics, and I hope they continue for a long time. I'm sorry that I take forever to reply sometimes, although you know I'm working on that. We've never had a shallow conversation and I love that. Your messages brighten my day despite when I said they've overwhelm me, because they honestly don't anymore. I really hope this friendship we've formed lasts because I really value it :smile:

Me
Reply 1287
Original post by Anonymous
Dear You,

I love our little (well, not so little actually!) conversations that cover everything from exams to funny anecdotes to politics, and I hope they continue for a long time. I'm sorry that I take forever to reply sometimes, although you know I'm working on that. We've never had a shallow conversation and I love that. Your messages brighten my day despite when I said they've overwhelm me, because they honestly don't anymore. I really hope this friendship we've formed lasts because I really value it :smile:

Me

Who've you friendzoned now ey?
Dear you,

I am waiting. Again. Waiting for you to come back. You know I need you, you know that better than everyone else.

You know you're the only one that can save me from what happened. You know that. And you were supposed to come back.

I need you. I've tried many times to fix myself.

Save me.

Broken me.
Dear You:

I'm not stupid.
Dear you,

I have feelings for you, and evertime you say those words, it hurts me, so can you please stop. I'm with someone else and you always seem to press the wrong buttons and it makes things 20 times worse.

I'm sorry about today, I'm still reeling from what you said last night.

Love me
Reply 1291
Thanks for only bothering to speak to me when you're going through a rough patch with your boyfriend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dear You,

Stop running through my mind. :rofl: I wonder/hope if you ever think about me like that or will in the future. I would literally be the luckiest guy in the world if that were to happen.

From your not so secret admirer.
Dear You,
Hey! Two years later from the day you revealed your affair with a younger woman (just a girl, in fact). The sadness and hurt has worn away now- I find it difficult to picture the angles of your face even (that image I'd believed was etched into my memory forever). We've both graduated now, and I've spent time in a couple of jobs, and met men who treat me as someone real, an equal- and who actually want the deepest kind of connection. I've been startled by the level of endearment present in a normal relationship, especially when you used to starve me of affection on every level. Human affection is not a difficult thing to give, but for you it seemed impossible. I'm not sad any more, I'll love you forever though as the one who broke my heart, but now I'm hopefully putting the bits together again.
I hope the job, life and love is going well for you. But I want to cut the cord between us forever, now. You're an aggressive, manipulative and unfaithful (albeit charming) man, but I'm trying to direct my life towards peaceful shores, simple pleasures and concrete assurances.
These things don't involve you.
Dear You,

I can't stop thinking about you. Your smile, your laugh, your stupid jokes. For a second, I was silly enough to think that you might feel something more for me too. But you still treat me like a kid, you're not that much older than me, you know? You sometimes act like I just don't exist whilst other times you act as if I'm the only one in the room. I don't know what it is - there are others that treat me so much better than you do, like I'm an equal not just as if I'm a kid. You're smart and intelligent and witty and I just don't understand how to talk to you anymore. I swear, this always happens - as soon as I begin getting close I just stop and head in the other direction. Why can't I open up to you? Or anyone? Why can't I just be myself around you all the time and not shy away just because I've started to catch feelings. What shall I do? You tell me. How can I be more...me around you?

What do I do?

Love,
Me
Dear You
Even though you b r o k e me,
hurt me,
shamed me,
and blamed me I can see through it.
Even though you show me hate I can still see the love.
Even though you say all these things, I know you don't mean them.

Well at least I hope so...

Love(,)
Me
Dear you,

I don't know exactly what it is but I feel like you've changed. You're kind of mean :dontknow: I feel like you're saying things to hurt me. I can't tell whether you're joking or you actually mean everything. Or am I just being stupid and reading into this way too much. I want to believe that you're just joking but I don't know, I'm just hurt. I don't even know how to reply to what you've said :lol: I don't know what it is about you that I let you get away with everything and I will this time too. I'll figure out a way to reply and just hope for the best.

Love me
Dear you

I'm at a real rough patch at the moment. I've not seen you in nearly three and a half years. Three and a half years. That's nuts, it's a massive chunk of our lives. I've not really progressed which probably doesn't surprise you. I feel like I am stuck in the past. I just wish back when I was younger I had more confidence, things could have been a lot easier if only I had opened my mouth and things could have happened a lot quicker. I am paying for this now.

A lot of my friends have moved on with their lives, got degrees, made new lives for themselves, plan on getting engaged or living with a partner. Whereas I've just replaced school with working, but they are not jobs I want to be doing all my life. I've not really expanded my social circle at all, if anything it's decreasing as people no longer want to do things, maybe because they are away or busy with their life or simply because they can't be bothered. I feel I have the wrong set of friends in all honesty as most of them don't match my ambition nor plans in life.

The day we spoke alone, you two weeks since turning 17 and me a good few months off that, is still probably my 'moment' as far. I've never kissed a girl nor had sex yet, felt a connection with anybody. The way you made me feel then just hasn't been repeated. It makes me sad that it was almost five years ago now. At first I had no idea what to say, to get you to myself was one thing but then to talk to you I had no idea, but you didn't seem to mind. The conversation got going and I honestly thought at the time you were enjoying it. You were smiling. Those beautiful eyes looking into mine talking back to me. It was a bit surreal but something I had longed for. You are so gorgeous I can't describe it. It makes me so sad because I used to just look at you in amazement throughout school how somebody could be so perfect. You had the best shade of auburn hair with an eye colour that seemed to match your halo. A face that was clear of acne, spots everything, perfect skin. You were shorter than most people but again this is what made you perfect. Probably about 5 foot 3 I'd imagine. A beautiful figure with a bum that when you'd wear a skirt looked plump. Your legs in tights was every school boy's dream. Unlike most teenage girls, you hardly wore make up, just so naturally beautiful you didn't need it. The perfect physical girl for me. Your personality was captivating, people were drawn to you, I was drawn to you. However I could not really connect with you. Everyday was just a watching brief of you. Being so close but yet so far. Watching other boys talk to you, hug you, touch you, was a living torture really. Something I could only achieve in my dreams.

I know I probably not your type. Why would I be on the surface.. especially the me you saw in school. But I am so much more than that. I have intensive interests because I'm an extremely passionate person. I want to experience things in life, go to gigs, events, sporting matches, travel, experience things. Talking to you was the worst thing that could happen to me really. My emotions were heightened as a result and probably my expectations went into overdrive. But had we continued, I could have realised that you weren't the girl I thought you were, that maybe we wouldn't have got on with each other and the emotions would have drained away with us parting ways. Possibly we would have got to know each other so much that you'd have fallen for me the way I had you but I do think that is on the unlikely side... but how about just becoming friends? Any of these would have been better than what actually happened, for me at least. It probably has no bearing on your life now and I can't see any reason why it would and that is fair enough. I was just another boy in your school for the most part.

I have been on your tumblr recently... bit of an eye opener. There's so much I feel that has been left unsaid and unresolved, things that could be said to free me from how I feel and let me move on with my life. I don't know what to do. Do I try and contact you? But I feel because of events in 2012-13 that you won't respond and I don't think I could deal with rejection from you once more. Do I carry on trying to get over you? But I've got nowhere since I last saw you. :cry: It's very disappointing for me because I know I can achieve a lot more socially and the job/education area of my life, but this happened at a key time of my life, and something I am fighting constantly daily it seems. It's very tiring and upsetting.

I hope you are well. Please don't be sad.

From me.
Dear you,

I know I say this all the time, but I love you :biggrin:!

Love me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dear you,

You're a horrible person. Genuinely horrible, and soon people will see through your facade. I don't know why you made it your business to try and ruin every existing friendship I held dear just because your pride was hurt when I stopped being friends with you. You caused that, you and your stupid reckless behaviour and your clingyness and your attention seeking and your negativity. I'm nowhere near perfect but I deserved the right to stop talking to you, stop soaking up all your bitter vibes, and instead you thought I deserved to be bullied. I'm too scared to come back to school because of what you've done. You made people think I was manipulative and cruel for warning our friend about her 'cheating' boyfriend, and then YOU got with the boy whilst they were together! You enabled that cheating! Sure, I've done my share of bad things but you do not get to play the victim because someone called you out on your terrible behaviour. I hate you and everything you stand for. But, thanks. You showed me how fake my friends were. Don't be surprised when they turn on you, though.

From me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending