The Student Room Group

do you tell them you believe in sex after marriage?

If you like a guy but its still early stages and you'd like to pursue a relationship or see where things go, would you tell them you're against premarital sex or not. Would it make a difference or make him rethink everything?
Original post by Anonymous
If you like a guy but its still early stages and you'd like to pursue a relationship or see where things go, would you tell them you're against premarital sex or not. Would it make a difference or make him rethink everything?

Yes make sure he knows. If he was originally after the cookie, he's most likely to dump you right away..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would tell him yes, if he is unhappy or disagrees with my view then
Reply 3
Original post by maggie43
Yes make sure he knows. If he was originally after the cookie, he's most likely to dump you right away..

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah that's what I was thinking too
Original post by maggie43

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like cookies :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How likely is it for a guy to believe in sex after marriage ?!
Reply 6

If it causes him to rethink he's the wrong guy anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
How likely is it for a guy to believe in sex after marriage ?!

Not that likely unless he's religious.
Let them know soon enough, if he/she's not happy with it, you guys can go your separate ways and find someone more compatible.
(edited 7 years ago)
Of course you should let him know right away. It's important to know that the date is illogical and live her life based on either the disapproved supernatural or sexist oppressive "traditions".
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Of course you should let him know right away. It's important to know that the date is illogical and live her life based on either the disapproved supernatural or sexist oppressive "traditions".

how do you randomly put it into conversation

Just slide it in...:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

"This is a nice restaurant, isn't it?"

"Oh yeah. So by the way there's something I thought you should know."

"Yeah?"

"I'm a religious Catholic who's subordinate to The Holy Father's interpretation of The Holy Bible that represented views from men thousands of years ago."

"What views are you talking about?"

"The idea that women were men's properties and thus had to be pure for the man before marriage, which of course was just really a contract between families to basically "sell" a daughter."

"I'm not sure I'm getting what you mean..."

"Well, in a nutshell, I believe in no sex before marriage. Because I believe that sex, despite being a wholly natural thing and that there is literally no physical change involved and that in reality my husband would enjoy it so much more with my being more experienced in it, damages the value of a woman like myself, and when I say the value of a woman of course I meant how valuable she would be to a sexist possessive man because without virginity, who would want a woman?"

"Right..."

"Yeah. And I certainly don't expect us to last, to actually get married so why should I risk making me more difficult of a sell to the next suitor?"

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because you should know the woman I am. I'm just really old fashioned and all that. I like following conventions that were prominent when women were literally not considered proper human beings."

"Hmm... Interesting."

"So basically I also don't believe in marital rape, women's right to vote or own property, or divorce. The Bible also teaches that no women should have authority over a man so if we do get married I'll be totally subordinate to you."

"How about slavery and incest?"

"Oh they are fine. The Bible is very clear about them. But I mean, God didn't allow me to teach so."
I would tell a guy pretty early on in the relationship and make it clear that it is something that isn't negotiable. I feel it's only fair to let him know so he's going into the relationship with his eyes fully open about the expectations of me and the expectations I would have of him. It doesn't mean I wouldn't want to be in a relationship but the limit would be kissing and cuddling and he would need to decide if that level of physical intimacy is acceptable for him.*
Original post by Jazzy97
Just slide it in...:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If you plan on having ar relationship with him and do not intend to have sex with hm before marriage then I think its something that should be brought up early enough. Honestly for me its a total deal breaker. I like sex and I am not willing to be with someone who doesnt want to be intimate with me for several years

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending