The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S1939
altruism at its worst lol

Yah and now this girl can't go and study law but then again there's always retakes but awkward if the unis found out she was done for ' cheating ' that isn't gonna help your application !

Yh she's quite screwed but I doubt they'd find out cause she will probably still get like a C/D for sociology if she got an A last year so it will just look like she had a bad exam and is retaking but some unis might question it and her school could mention it in the reference maybe like idk but it's not like you have to declare these things yet a law interview could see her being questioned on her low grade
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1561
Original post by fefssdf
Yah and now this girl can't go and study law but then again there's always retakes but awkward if the unis found out she was done for ' cheating ' that isn't gonna help your application !

I do feel slightly sorry for her, but how what if this whole thing was planned? Considering the person who leaked it would've known about the clash?
:s-smilie:
Pretty sure AQA would've done a lot of digging too
Reply 1562
Original post by S1939
I do feel slightly sorry for her, but how what if this whole thing was planned? Considering the person who leaked it would've known about the clash?

If it was planned then she deserves it. But there should be a public court case in that case.
Reply 1563
Original post by Aph
If it was planned then she deserves it. But there should be a public court case in that case.

The irony of wanting to study law, and ending up in a court :colonhash:
Original post by Aph
Has any school/university actually lost early results before?

Thankfully I've never heard of that happening.
Might as well get on this pain train...

Spoiler

Original post by S1939

Yh it does seem a bit suscpuous as I dunno why someone would join a what's app group with all these random people unless they were to gain something from it so maybe the person who leaked the papers told the others that this was the plan and now the girl is acting as if she was none the wiser ; she should've been revising anyway instead of being on what's app on the day of her exam -_-
Original post by S1939
The irony of wanting to study law, and ending up in a court :colonhash:

She could use it as work experience for her PS for when she applies again during her gap year
Original post by fefssdf
Yh it does seem a bit suscpuous as I dunno why someone would join a what's app group with all these random people unless they were to gain something from it so maybe the person who leaked the papers told the others that this was the plan and now the girl is acting as if she was none the wiser ; she should've been revising anyway instead of being on what's app on the day of her exam -_-

I dunno, to be honest, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt on that one. I personally would never revise on the day of an exam and I'd much rather spend my time leading up to the exam on social media than revising so it's possible that she did genuinely just wanted to check her WhatsApp updates.
Are you AS or A2?

A2.

What subjects are you taking?

EPQ
Economics
English Lit
Religious Studies
Mathematics

To which university are you hoping to go?

Taking a year off, but depending on results - Oxford 2017

To study which subject?

PPE

If applicable, what were your AS grades?

AAAD (D in maths, whoops)

What grades are required for your desired degree?AAA

What grades are you predicted?
A*A*A*AB

How did your exams go?

Better than predicted grades I hope. I started revising intensely last Christmas so let's hope it paid off.

How are you feeling about results day?

Apprehensive
Original post by 9dobbo1
Are you AS or A2?

A2.

EPQ
Economics
English Lit
Religious Studies
Mathematics

Taking a year off, but depending on results - Oxford 2017

To study which subject?

PPE

AAAD (D in maths, whoops)

What grades are required for your desired degree?AAA

A*A*A*AB

How did your exams go?

Better than predicted grades I hope. I started revising intensely last Christmas so let's hope it paid off.

Apprehensive

Yh PPE, I hope you get your offer
* Are you AS or A2?
A2!
* What subjects are you taking?
Biology, chemistry, French and English
* To which university are you hoping to go?
Hopefully a London one - I'll be a gap year student :P
* To study which subject?
Physiotherapy
* If applicable, what were your AS grades?
AABBC
* What grades are required for your desired degree?
AAB-ABB
* What grades are you predicted?
AAAB
* How did your exams go?
Hmm... Ok I think?!
* How are you feeling about results day?
Very nervous! Expecting AABB instead of predicted results, though luckily this is still enough for physio
* Anything else to add?
Good luck everyone!!!! I'm enjoying all this free time over the summer to get back into running and possibly joining a sports team :smile: Got to find a job for my gap year too, have an interview at Sainsburys soon! Anyone else taking a gap year?
The countdown :gah:

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 10.49.36.png

Whoever put that there ily :hugs:

my life now has a direction again :daydreaming:
Original post by CoolCavy

I'm pleased that there is now an accurate countdown ; the one on this thread is always a day behind it seems !
Reply 1574
Original post by fefssdf
I'm pleased that there is now an accurate countdown ; the one on this thread is always a day behind it seems !

It isn't, it's based on the way you count a day. If you start by not counting today you get

30th Jul

31st Jul

1st Aug

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

So there are 20 days until results day.
Original post by CoolCavy

It'd be better if it counted down to 7:30 not midnight. There'll still be 7-8 hours until we get access to our reply on track and more for results.
Original post by fefssdf
I agree as she didn't expect to go on to the group chat to see people leaking questions !! And yes it is true that if you've sat an exam earlier then you're meant to be supervised at all times till everyone else has done the exam so how this person managed to get their phone out and leak the questions idk , and also why would you want to give others an advantage as it won't help you out at all

Exactly! This girl was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, if she used the questions leak to her advantage (which is impossible to tell) she should be penalised to some extent (maybe -20% off her final mark in that paper) but to give her a U grade is ridiculous IMO
Original post by Ayman!
Might as well get on this pain train...

Spoiler

How come you're doing A2 and haven't decided which Uni you're going to? Are you taking a gap year? And no, it isn't A*A*A for most places
Original post by Sacred Ground
How come you're doing A2 and haven't decided which Uni you're going to? Are you taking a gap year? And no, it isn't A*A*A for most places

They said on another thread that they're going on a gap year and will be applying for 2017 entry. They were probably joking when they said that A*A*A is required for most places, but they said that's their aim on the other thread.
Are you AS or A2?
A2 (taking a gap year)
Biology, Chemistry, Maths
Cambridge
To study which subject?
Natural sciences (biological)
AAAB
What grades are required for your desired degree?
A*A*A
No official predictions yet, but I'm thinking A*A*B
How did your exams go?
Most were great, S2 was absolutely s**t.
Terrified because I'm on holiday, but at least I don't have to worry about uni yet!

Quick Reply

Latest