The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
Does that mean the max CP at lv 30 is lower than the max CP at lv 40? Or are you saying that as your trainer level increases to lv 40, you can then achieve more of the maximum capped CP?

The max CP of wild Pokemon is the same at 30 and 40, but the max CP of the Pokemon you've caught is higher at 40. Max CP directly correlates with your level, so as you level up the max CP also increases.
Should I 'transfer' all my low CP duplicates and evolve the strongest ones?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Architecture-er
He literally told you the exact answer....

you can't catch higher-CP pokemon beyond level 30, but you can still train them up beyond the cap found at level 30, when you're level 30+

Well I literally didn't understand his response fully :rolleyes:

but way to be a tool about it.
Original post by .sophia
Should I 'transfer' all my low CP duplicates and evolve the strongest ones?

Generally yes but if you already have stronger Pokemon then it doesn't matter either way
A parasect just spawned in my house but it ended up running away after several attempts to capture it :cry: my boyfriend obviously managed to get it though ffs :colonhash: I've never seen one prior to this and I'm far away from evolving...so annoyed :cry: :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had some good luck with eggs the last couple of days. Hatched Aerodactyl and Onyx from 10km eggs and (finally) got a Pikachu from a 2km egg.

*Of course the 2km egg I hatched next was a Weedle. 😝
Original post by Devify
Generally yes but if you already have stronger Pokemon then it doesn't matter either way

Thanks!
Original post by Zerforax
Well I literally didn't understand his response fully :rolleyes:

but way to be a tool about it.

Thank you, I try my best
I got a cp 197 mr mime in a 10 k egg today. Is he any good, and should I power him up, I got 27 candies when I got him and it only takes 1 candy and 600 stardust to power him up. Or is he not worth wasting the stardust on?
Btw I'm lvl 11 and my highest cp pokemon is a 440 dorido.
Original post by jamesj477
I got a cp 197 mr mime in a 10 k egg today. Is he any good, and should I power him up, I got 27 candies when I got him and it only takes 1 candy and 600 stardust to power him up. Or is he not worth wasting the stardust on?
Btw I'm lvl 11 and my highest cp pokemon is a 440 dorido.

Save your Stardust. The amount needed to power him up will gradually increase, so you'll be able to power him up maybe 15 times at the most with the candy you have. 15x30(average cp increase)=450+197=647
You'll get far stronger Pokemon than that when you level up more.*
Original post by DarkMagic
Save your Stardust. The amount needed to power him up will gradually increase, so you'll be able to power him up maybe 15 times at the most with the candy you have. 15x30(average cp increase)=450+197=647
You'll get far stronger Pokemon than that when you level up more.*

cool thanks, bit of a **** 10k egg then lol. maybe next time I guess
Guys, is Seal rare? Keep seeing one in my area but never shows up...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scienceisgood
Guys, is Seal rare? Keep seeing one in my area but never shows up...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say he's rare, unsure if he still makes music though...

Spoiler

But srs, Seel isn't that rare and it's evolution, Dewgong, isn't particularly strong either.
image.png
Got this creepy little bugger from a 5km egg yesterday. The description in the pokedex is v odd.

I would ask if it's particularly rare but people on here moan about eevees being everywhere and I've only come across 4 of them :s-smilie:
Original post by PQ
image.png
Got this creepy little bugger from a 5km egg yesterday. The description in the pokedex is v odd.

I would ask if it's particularly rare but people on here moan about eevees being everywhere and I've only come across 4 of them :s-smilie:

Cubone!! :heart: I love them.
Can somebody please tell me a way of getting this on a windows phone? Will be very grateful :h:
Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd
Can somebody please tell me a way of getting this on a windows phone? Will be very grateful :h:

Doesn't exist on windows phones.
Main reason is Windows Phones only take up 2% of the phone market...
Does anyone else find Zubats particularly painful to catch because they are so far in the background compared to any other pokemon?
I've now decided to completely ignore them because I keep wasting pokeballs on them...

That and there are only 3 Pokestops in my area so, am limited to the number of pokeballs I have big time. =(
Original post by PQ
image.png

I don't have him yet, although both my manager and boyfriend do. He was nearby once but I didn't have the time to go after him 😟.

Quick Reply

Latest