The Student Room Group

Choosing Subjects for IGCSE

I need to choose my IGCSE subjects in a month and would request some advice. I would like to study Sustainable Fashion and Business at UPENN in 4 years. I also swim competitively. So working backwards which subjects would I need to include for my IGCSEs ( O levels)? The subject will also need to fit in with my IB subjects in 2 years. I want to choose subjects that I enjoy rather and complement my future goals.

This is what I was thinking!

Math
English Lit
English Lang
Chinese
Co-Science ( 2 IGCSEs)
Economics
Geography
Art
Physical Education ( graded)

Non Graded
PE ( Core)
Well being
Religious Education
I know fu** all about sustainable fashion and what you might possibly need for that, but if you're looking into business I'd go for Maths, English Lang and the Sciences as your indispensable subjects. If you need to choose more I'd also go for Chinese, Geography, Economics and/or English Lit if you like (although do bare in mind that you don't need economics igcse to get into economics as, at least up to my knowledge). The rest probably won't help you much in so far as business is concerned.
Original post by palmsprings
I need to choose my IGCSE subjects in a month and would request some advice. I would like to study Sustainable Fashion and Business at UPENN in 4 years. I also swim competitively. So working backwards which subjects would I need to include for my IGCSEs ( O levels)? The subject will also need to fit in with my IB subjects in 2 years. I want to choose subjects that I enjoy rather and complement my future goals.

This is what I was thinking!

Math
English Lit
English Lang
Chinese
Co-Science ( 2 IGCSEs)
Economics
Geography
Art
Physical Education ( graded)

Non Graded
PE ( Core)
Well being
Religious Education

Same as the person above, I know jack about the course you want to go into..but choose Eng Lang (Lit too if u want 2 but its not needed..however I enjoyed it and that's the only IGCSE I did-I mean...Eng Lang and Eng Lit was the Edexcel IGCSE I did), Maths, Sciences, RE, Chinese (Great subject I also took), Economics, Art and PE. Well being and Geography are not needed..but if u wanna take em, take em. You'll almost certainly HAVE to do Eng Lang, Maths and sciences are the rest you can choose...
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest