The Student Room Group

Offered cereal for breakfast, insulting!

Went to stay with my gfs parents expected to be greeted by a full English in the morning to only find a bowl and a spoon at the table with cheap lidl cornflakes. They didnt even have the decency to put kelloggs on the table. I see it as a declaration of war and an insult. Then when I ran into them they were acting normal like nothing happened???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Awesome. What you dont realise is that's what you get for lunch and dinner as well.
They seem to have called it right.
Original post by T-Raw
Went to stay with my gfs parents expected to be greeted by a full English in the morning to only find a bowl and a spoon at the table with cheap lidl cornflakes. They didnt even have the decency to put kelloggs on the table. I see it as a declaration of war and an insult. Then when I ran into them they were acting normal like nothing happened???

Posted from TSR Mobile

maybe thats all they had, im sure they did not mean to insult you, maybe thats what they eat :smile:
First world problems.
I don't believe any of this. Especially the gf part.
I went to a middle class person's household for a sleep over and those cheeky ****ers gave me supermarket brand cereal but put it in their own reusable box like wtf.
Cheap cornflakes come from the same factory but go in a different box.

Watch the blind tasting on Eat Well For Less on BBC, people can't tell the difference.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wouldn't even be that disappointed to be honest, I'd eat cocopops every day if I didn't feel too embarrassed to buy it.
Reply 8
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
maybe thats all they had, im sure they did not mean to insult you, maybe thats what they eat :smile:

Original post by sameehaiqbal
First world problems.

Original post by Profesh

Im sorry, but i didnt mean to hurt the person in any way, i was just trying to tell them my opinion, and i am not an internet troll if that is what ur implying all i said was that maybe thats what they had when he came and they may of not had time to get groceries.
i apologise if u or the person who started the thread was offended, as i am the type of person who does not like to hurt peoples feelings :frown:
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
Im sorry, but i didnt mean to hurt the person in any way, i was just trying to tell them my opinion, and i am not an internet troll if that is what ur implying all i said was that maybe thats what they had when he came and they may of not had time to get groceries.
i apologise if u or the person who started the thread was offended, as i am the type of person who does not like to hurt peoples feelings :frown:

You're not the troll; they are, as should be patently obvious to anyone who isn't profoundly autistic, Amish (albeit evidently lapsed), or twelve.
Original post by Profesh
You're not the troll; they are, as should be patently obvious to anyone who isn't profoundly autistic, Amish (albeit evidently lapsed), or twelve.

I know they're trolling. I gave a sarcastic response :smile:
Original post by T-Raw

Hope you get dumped for being such an idiot and a poor troll - it's the least you deserve.
Original post by Profesh

what? I dont understand :s-smilie:
Original post by Plagioclase
Wouldn't even be that disappointed to be honest, I'd eat cocopops every day if I didn't feel too embarrassed to buy it.

do you happen to shop at waitrose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BWV1007
do you happen to shop at waitrose

Posted from TSR Mobile

...sometimes
Did you do this though?

If you didn't, you're a pussy
Original post by T-Raw

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would politely ask them for apologies before acting rashly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T-Raw

Posted from TSR Mobile

How dare they! You should break up with her and let their daughter suffer for how their parents treated you.
Original post by JamesN88
Cheap cornflakes come from the same factory but go in a different box.

Watch the blind tasting on Eat Well For Less on BBC, people can't tell the difference.

it is true my family have worked in varied canning plants and it all the same stuff just labeled and priced differently

Quick Reply

Latest