The Student Room Group

Converse as wedding shoes?

^^
Do you think that white converse would look good with a wedding dress?
I pretty much live in comfortable shoes, can't wear heels at all or flats for more than a couple of hours, so i was thinking why not be comfortable and wear white converse with ribbon instead of laces for the day. But thought i'd ask for opinions as although people have done it before, its not particularly traditional:P

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i cant wear heels either so im gonna wear sparkly dolly shoes
Original post by claireestelle
^^
I pretty much live in comfortable shoes, can't wear heels at all or flats for more than a couple of hours, so i was thinking why not be comfortable and wear white converse with ribbon instead of laces for the day. But thought i'd ask for opinions as although people have done it before, its not particularly traditional:P

What looks cool now will be a source of potential embarrassment in 5/10/20 years' time on the photos. Minimise that by being as classic as possible is my philosophy and advice.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
What looks cool now will be a source of potential embarrassment in 5/10/20 years' time on the photos. Minimise that by being as classic as possible is my philosophy and advice.

So stick with classic flat ivory shoes? I want as cheap as shoes as possible to free up budget for dresses really, but it would feel a little bit of a waste if i couldn't wear shoes ever again.
Reply 4
If your wedding dress is long enough it won't matter anyway. But overall do whatever you're happy and comfortable with. I feel like it will be one of these things you laugh with your grandchildren at later.
Original post by shawtyb
i cant wear heels either so im gonna wear sparkly dolly shoes

white sparkly ones? :smile:
Reply 6
white sparkly ones? :smile:

oh yes

Original post by Nadile
If your wedding dress is long enough it won't matter anyway. But overall do whatever you're happy and comfortable with. I feel like it will be one of these things you laugh with your grandchildren at later.

I will definitely be going with a long dress so i guess people won't really see what shoes i m wearing. I do plan on keeping shoes, flowers and my dress to show the grandkids for sure :P
Original post by shawtyb
oh yes

ooh i quite like those :smile: might ask the bridesmaids if they'd want to wear something similar to those in the colour of whatever dresses they get :smile:
Why not get blinged up converse?
Original post by Frizzy one
Why not get blinged up converse?

I m not particularly into blinged up things, i ll be getting a pretty plain dress and my hair won't be too different to my natural hair.
I m not particularly into blinged up things, i ll be getting a pretty plain dress and my hair won't be too different to my natural hair.

Oh right. What about some like this: they're not too blingy https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/nappyhead/product/custom-wedding-converse
Original post by Frizzy one
Oh right. What about some like this: they're not too blingy https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/nappyhead/product/custom-wedding-converse

ooh if they do them without the crystals that's not too blingy at all.
So stick with classic flat ivory shoes? I want as cheap as shoes as possible to free up budget for dresses really, but it would feel a little bit of a waste if i couldn't wear shoes ever again.

Classic plain ivory ballet pumps like the ones above would be my suggestion. They don't date.
If you don't want some super expensive heels then just get some silver/white flats for like £50 or so
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Classic plain ivory ballet pumps like the ones above would be my suggestion. They don't date.

I'll look into a pair of those, plenty of time to find some comfortable ones hopefully :smile:
^^

I had a friend who did this. She had a shorter 50s style dress to go with it, so it looked really good and fitted with the theme of the wedding. Ribbons instead of laces sounds really lovely too :biggrin:

I think with a longer more traditional dress it wouldn't work so well, and I agree with @Carnationlilyrose that you might look back and feel a bit cringe about it.
Hell yeah, they'd look brilliant! I was considering them or Vans as my wedding shoes but will probably go with silver glittery dolly shoes. Definitely not heels of any kind, I'd sooner wear Crocs :laugh:

Wear whatever you feel comfortable in on your big day. I'm sure you'll make a beautiful bride :h:
Original post by fefssdf
If you don't want some super expensive heels then just get some silver/white flats for like £50 or so

£50 on shoes?! I was thinking more like £30 or less really.
£50 on shoes?! I was thinking more like £30 or less really.

not much difference between £50 and £30 really tho but the quality might vary quite a bit so depends how much you care about what sort of shoes you're wearing

Quick Reply

Latest