The Student Room Group

German swimming pools plan to train refugees as life guards

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rockrunride
It's the lack of appropriate language skills to address potentially life threatening situations that would concern me more.

Hmm. I'm not sure that learning to shout "No bombing" would be too difficult, and hauling in someone in difficulties and reviving them calls for no language skills at all beyond "Stand back", "Help me" and "Call an ambulance, please!"
Original post by Good bloke
You don't think there have been lots of attacks of women in German swimming pools by these men then?

I'm not going to argue with you here. We have opposing views on this issue and I have better things to do with my time.
Seems like a good idea on some levels, if properly selected trained and monitored they'll be able to kick the pervs out without feeling guilty about being called islamophobic.

However the express points out a practical problem
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/691818/Swimming-pool-sex-attacks-migrants-train-lifeguards-Germany-swim-association

swimming is an elite activity in a lot of developing countries with no public swimming pools - most migrants can't swim
Yes. But they don't come from a group of people who have grown up in a culture that covers women completely, and from which it is clear a significant proportion of the young men are unable to accept European culture is different, and is unable to to resist the temptations of so much exposed flesh and view it as an invitation to molest.

You sound like the very feminazi's people like you complain about, who call every guy a rapist.

If a refugee can do the job, then what's the problem? They'll be working and contributing the economy like everybody else, and I'm sure they'll appreciate the chance to be independent again.

And I don't think Syria had all women in Burkas, maybe they dressed more modestly but I don't think they were completely locked away from public view like you're assuming.
Hmm. I'm not sure that learning to shout "No bombing" would be too difficult

Yeah, but they'd never shout that...
Original post by HanSoloLuck
In an attempt to hault the large scale sexual assault of women and children in swimming pools across Germany plans have been unveiled to put the very same demographics responsible for the attacks in charge of security and safety of the targeted groups.

It seems the foxes are to be charged with guarding the hen house, what could possible go wrong ?

A professional swimming association in Germany wants to reduce escalating sex attacks by refugees at public baths by training migrants to become pool lifeguards.
The Federal Association of German Swimming Professionals (BDS) says this would be 'an inclusive measure that would benefit everyone.'
Last month a secret police document was leaked in Duesseldorf voicing the 'grave concern' of police chiefs about escalating sex crimes carried out by refugees at public swimming baths.

" BDS President Peter Haiyang added: 'We lack skilled workers. That's why it would be negligent not to use these resources.'
Many sexually repressed young Muslim men take the sight of women in skimpy bathing costumes as an unspoken statement that they want sex.
There have been several reports of rape and other sex attacks committed against women and children at public pools both in Germany and neighbouring Austria this year.
Many municipalities, including Munich, have begun displaying charts in numerous languages aiming to teach migrant to respect women and children at the local pool.
Now comes the quirky idea of turning them into lifeguards responsible for security, order and cleanliness, water quality monitoring and maintenance of technical equipment.
This, believes the group, would lead to a decrease in sex crimes. "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3701385/Migrants-trained-German-pool-lifeguards-leaked-Dusseldorf-memo-reduce-sex-attacks.html

Great idea! What could possibly go wrong? It isn't as if this particular subset of people has historically had a tendency to violate children and women in western countries or anything... :rolleyes:
"Migrants are lazy and just scrounge off our country without contributing to our economy or workforce!!!1111!"
*Sees article about trying to get migrants into the workforce.*
"How DARE THEY WE CAN'T TRUST THEM WITH JOBS!!!!!!!!11"

Oh the hypocrisy of the far-right just keeps on snowballing.

I see no issue with this. If they can do the ****ing job, then let them do the ****ing job. Some of you need to get your head out of your ass and stop feeding yourself the ******** that every migrant is just going to i) let these people drown or ii) not be able to cope around women in bikinis.
Original post by Inexorably
"Migrants are lazy and just scrounge off our country without contributing to our economy or workforce!!!1111!"
*Sees article about trying to get migrants into the workforce.*
"How DARE THEY WE CAN'T TRUST THEM WITH JOBS!!!!!!!!11"

Oh the hypocrisy of the far-right just keeps on snowballing.

"I want something, ANYTHING to eat!!!"
"WHHYY HAVE YOU COOKED POOP?! I DIDN'T MEAN LITERALLY ANYTHING!!"

I don't think the issue with "refugee" migrants was ever lack of economic contributions, it was more the culture and behaviour they brought with them.
Original post by Lord Samosa

I don't think they were completely locked away from public view like you're assuming.

I've never complained about a so-called feminazi in my life.

I didn't say that about Syrian women and am not assuming they are. It is clear, though, that these people don't like much female flesh to be on display and many are either offended by seeing it, or stimulated uncontrollably by it.
Original post by MildredMalone
Yeah, but they'd never shout that...

OK, OK, I see the pun. Perhaps the Germans don't use "bombing" in German, but they'd have to say that in Britain.
I've never complained about a so-called feminazi in my life.

I didn't say that about Syrian women and am not assuming they are. It is clear, though, that these people don't like much female flesh to be on display and many are either offended by seeing it, or stimulated uncontrollably by it.

Hire the ones that are capable of doing the job properly. Simply being Syrian doesn't mean they're all like that, that's just a racist assumption.

Besides I see plenty of white British guys cat calling and ogling at girls all the time, that doesn't make every white British guy a perv.
Germans, in just one year, have completely undone the reputation for planning and commonsense that they had built up since 1945.

Oh they've already done that with Berlin Brandenburg Airport and Cologne Opera House...
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes. But they don't come from a group of people who have grown up in a culture that covers women completely, and from which it is clear a significant proportion of the young men are unable to accept European culture is different, and is unable to to resist the temptations of so much exposed flesh and view it as an invitation to molest.

You seem like one of those predators tbh...
Reply 33
Whatever happened to the great leaders of Germany, from the past?
Original post by fksociety
You seem like one of those predators tbh...

You seem like someone that makes nasty comments on the internet.
Reply 35
Original post by HanSoloLuck

This, believes the group, would lead to a decrease in sex crimes. "

:lolwut:

These people are insane.

Original post by Inexorably

I see no issue with this. If they can do the ****ing job, then let them do the ****ing job. Some of you need to get your head out of your ass and stop feeding yourself the ******** that every migrant is just going to i) let these people drown or ii) not be able to cope around women in bikinis.

As it has been pointed out above, life guard is an elite profession, which not everybody can do. You need to speak German and be able to swim at the very least. Two things that refugees are apparently not able to do well. I'm even wondering if a single refugee has even expressed the interest to become a life guard.

It seems to be another stupid idea coming from German authorities that don't know what to do with the mess they created.
At this point i am pretty sure world leaders and in particular Germanys are just clicking buttons and trolling everybody. Like i can imagine Merkel and policy makers have fancy dinners and compete to make the craziest decision possible, then they come together when its announced and sit around laughing in hysterics at peoples disgust and anger

They are all Doctors and Nurses anyway so i am sure none of them will be interested, right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Please tell me this is satire..............
You seem like someone that makes nasty comments on the internet.

The irony, it burns!
Original post by Betelgeuse-
At this point i am pretty sure world leaders and in particular Germanys are just clicking buttons and trolling everybody. Like i can imagine Merkel and policy makers have fancy dinners and compete to make the craziest decision possible, then they come together when its announced and sit around laughing in hysterics at peoples disgust and anger

They are all Doctors and Nurses anyway so i am sure none of them will be interested, right?

You are forgetting about all of the engineers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending