The Student Room Group

Subject changes?

The subjects I have picked to do at A level are politics, chemistry, biology and maths. However, because I have picked to do politics, I have to do Biology at another school.
I went to this other school for my induction lesson, and it was awful! The teacher wasn't very nice, and the exam board they use is different from what my school used at GCSE, so a lot of the content in my summer induction assignment is very different to what I have learnt, and so it is much harder.

But, I can drop politics and do biology at my own school where I am familiar with the teachers (and it has a higher pass rate than the other school), but I was really looking forward to doing politics
But, I want to go into forensics when I am older, and so I need biology.

I have had another look and I can take psychology. I have looked into the course and some past papers and it looks really interesting, and something I would quite like to learn about. So, if I don't do politics, i think I will take psychology.

So what do you guys think I should do? Drop politics, and do biology at my own school or stick it out with biology with the awful teacher and bad exam board...

Also, please can you tell me about politics and psychology. Eg - the kind of things you learn and the style of exam, because although I've looked, its good to hear from other people!!

Finally, should I still do my induction work for politics and biology, or should I do the induction work for the biology at my school and psychology? Because apparently you can't change until results day, and it might be a rush to do all of the work then. (I have already done the work for chemistry and maths)

Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by chloecrazy
:smile:

I think you should take psychology instead and stay at your school personally! it's a shame with the timetable classics but if bio is the A level that is most important for your career choice, I think it's best to give yourself the best chance you can to do well in it. What are you leaning towards?
Reply 3
Original post by Fox Corner
I think you should take psychology instead and stay at your school personally! it's a shame with the timetable classics but if bio is the A level that is most important for your career choice, I think it's best to give yourself the best chance you can to do well in it. What are you leaning towards?

Thank you :smile: I think I am leaning towards psychology, because like you say, biology is the most important! I think I might do the summer work for psychology and politics just in case, what are your thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest