The Student Room Group

What do you need to bring with you to college?

I'm starting sixth form this September, but I'm not too sure what kind of equipment or stationery you need in lessons. I know you have to provide your own notebooks and folders, unlike in secondary school. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should pack in my bag, other than the obvious pens and rulers?

Original post by t s
I'm starting sixth form this September, but I'm not too sure what kind of equipment or stationery you need in lessons. I know you have to provide your own notebooks and folders, unlike in secondary school. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should pack in my bag, other than the obvious pens and rulers?

You'll need the same stationery as you used in school really! Sixth form isn't that much different, apart from the fact you have to provide your own folders and paper like you mentioned. Don't forget a scientific calculator, protractor etc if you're doing maths or science subjects :smile:
Where do I start?
Reply 3
Yes basically what has been said, I have a refill pad and ring binders and then when they get full I transfer that to a leaver arch file. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Pix2015
Yes basically what has been said, I have a refill pad and ring binders and then when they get full I transfer that to a leaver arch file. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, thanks. I was just deciding between a ringbinder and leaver arch file!
Original post by t s

I took a ring binder with me to college, with dividers separating my subjects. I kept fresh paper in the front of it, rather than taking a whole refill pad. When the ring binder got full, I transferred the work to a level arch file which I kept at home :smile:
Original post by t s

Ring binder for each subject with dividers for each module
Notebook to take rough notes lesson for each subject
Notebook to copy notes up in neat for each lesson
Lots of pens

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Sacred Ground
Ring binder for each subject with dividers for each module
Notebook to take rough notes lesson for each subject
Notebook to copy notes up in neat for each lesson
Lots of pens

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks very much :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by t s

Depending on which subjects you take, your most likely need a leaver arch file, but then you don't want to carry the big bulky folder around college! Hence taking a ring binder to college.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest