The Student Room Group

Is it bad that I'm anti-social?

I think I'm anti-social; is there something wrong with me?
Dw, my friends and I are anti social too
Original post by Anonymous
Is it bad that I'm anti-social?
It's not bad. It's just against your own good
I think I'm anti-social; is there something wrong with me?

First of all there's nothing wrong with you. Secondly, perhaps you're not anti-social at all. Many people give themselves that label when actually they're just shy or introverted.
In most cases, the term 'anti-social' is a misnomer that carries with it heavy negative connotations that sometimes even subconsciously result in undesirable traits that did not preexist. Human are very social beings, perhaps even the most social. Don't ever give yourself a negative label
(edited 7 years ago)
Well, let's think about this for a moment. You are on a social media site trying to engage relatively complete strangers in conversation wondering if you're antisocial. I think if you were truly antisocial you really wouldn't care if you're antisocial and you certainly wouldn't care if other people thought you were antisocial.
Reply 4
Original post by emobambam
Well, let's think about this for a moment. You are on a social media site trying to engage relatively complete strangers in conversation wondering if you're antisocial. I think if you were truly antisocial you really wouldn't care if you're antisocial and you certainly wouldn't care if other people thought you were antisocial.

Eh, I'm just bored and trying to start a conversation.

But, I don't go on the serious social media sites, such as Facebook, an don't go out in real life either.
Eh, I'm just bored and trying to start a conversation.

But, I don't go on the serious social media sites, such as Facebook, an don't go out in real life either.
well I don't really do much social media either. I have a fake Facebook just so I can get game credit for my Texas Hold'em poker. I just don't see the point in telling everybody in the world what you're going to have for breakfast or what you're doing that minute. I really don't care what people I really don't know are eating for breakfast or doing that minute. I see people that live their entire life on social media. I just don't really understand why they need to post everything they are going to do
I think you mean unsociable....
Reply 7
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I think you mean unsociable....

Maybe but the Google definition says:

not sociable or wanting the company of others.synonyms:unsociable, misanthropic, unwilling to mix with other people, unfriendly, uncommunicative, unforthcoming, reserved, withdrawn, retiring, reclusive "I'm feeling a bit antisocial"antonyms:sociable, gregarious

Quick Reply

Latest