The Student Room Group

Muslim street preacher vs police UK

It was a verbal interaction, a complaint was made to the police about the man and a police officer approached him about it.

The preacher begins shouting Allahu Akbar in the officer's face and screaming racism among other things, but it's just the aggressiveness and sense of being untouchable that really shines through. Being in a 'diverse' area the pubic start jeering at the police officer to boot.

Chances are he is an immigrant, or judging by his accent the son of an immigrant, could you imagine being in a foreign country and treating a police officer like this, could you imagine if this person was a white Englishman on a night out, he'd have had a face full of concrete within the first minute of this verbal abuse and been arrested.

It's the double standards that annoy me, you are simply less likely to get arrested if you are a Muslim, and many realize this, the police and you local authorities will actively try to cover up your crime, even if you are gang raping school girls.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3713743/Islamic-street-preacher-confronts-police-officer-investigating-complaint-against-screams-not-terrorists-not-suicide-bombers.html

Scroll to see replies

Guessing this guy was converted in a prison and was kicked out of school whilst in Primary. Typical!
Reply 2
What a stupid man to act so rude towards the police force and that officer. Yet i'm sure he would expect them to protect him if anything ever went wrong! Pure hypocrisy and lack of respect!
Shoulda called fireman sam, not the police
This is why I’m ashamed to live in Birmingham.
What a piece of ****. Same goes for all his supporters.

As for his comments, his precious religion condones rapists so he wouldn't have to go far to find some.
(edited 7 years ago)
Very depressing.

The preacher is an obvious loon. But the way all the Asians jeer the police officer, shows the breakdown we are witnessing in our society

If a group of Islamists captured and beheaded him how many of them would turn them in? Would any of them turn informer for the greater good of our nation and the maintenance of law and order and civilisation?

Doesn't look like it,
I honestly see no reason why he should not be allowed to shout Allahu Akbar at a policeman.
Original post by Atlas Thugged
I honestly see no reason why he should not be allowed to shout Allahu Akbar at a policeman.

The lit. translation is harmless, it's the associated radicalisation/mental-instability that comes with shouting that phrase that's the problem. There has to be serious cognitive dissonance to really believe that all they're shouting is "god is great" when the implications are so much more.
Reply 9
TRUUUUUUUMP! l LOVE TRUMP!!
Reply 10
Freedom of speech n that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rather_Cynical
The lit. translation is harmless, it's the associated radicalisation/mental-instability that comes with shouting that phrase that's the problem. There has to be serious cognitive dissonance to really believe that all they're shouting is "god is great" when the implications are so much more.

In what way is he harming the police officer?

Original post by Rk2k14
Freedom of speech n that.

Right. Too many people on here thing freedom of speech means mildly criticising the government's policy when you're invited to do so. They are wrong, you should be able to say anything so long as it's not incitement.
Reply 12
Police officer didn't want to hear what he had to say. Kept backing away. Admittedly the man should have controlled his temper more but people making it out as if he was about to hit him with a straight right.

Right. Too many people on here thing freedom of speech means mildly criticising the government's policy when you're invited to do so. They are wrong, you should be able to say anything so long as it's not incitement.

I'd imagine the harm is mostly in the implicit threat of being a radical muslim, and the verbal aggression to initiate a fight. It's harmful in the same way that shouting "fire!" is in a theatre.
Police officer should of just arrested him and be done with it.
I have no respect for police officers in the UK, people like the officer in the video are partly why I feel that way, US police are real police tough and brave I have a lot of respect for them, British police don't deserve it, they are weak.
Its harmful in the same way that a far right nationalist reading Mein Kampf and shouting about it would be if they stood in the middle of Tel aviv.They have the right to shout about it but it shows an unwillingness to integrate,a sense of us and them.It demonstrates that this man sees himself as muslim first and British secondary.It shows that he has no respect for the society that he lives in .

It is the way in which he is doing it - aggressive, confrontational, likely to cause alarm. Personally, I quite like living in a society where I can walk peacefully to work without having someone screaming in my face.
Reply 18
I guess he seems slightly over the top with the screaming and anger. He also swear which he shouldn't of but he's still human. And he had a witness. The police officer actually seemed racist aswell. This is why I keep myself to myself when I go outside. So have none of this. I live in Birmingham by the way and I'm Muslim. And I like going outside but I rarely ever go outside since my mum doesn't let me go out much.
He has free will. I really think there was ansolutely no need for an article. Clearly it's propaganda. He May of Said the thing about Television due to the fact that the British media is racist (BBC). Most people aren't racist in Birmingham but I know someone who's very racist and would actually would bomb a Muslim country. You don't have to read the rest it's basically about this person I know. Anecdotal evidence which shouldn't really support the majority of people.

Spoiler

Original post by OGGUS
I guess he seems slightly over the top with the screaming and anger. He also swear which he shouldn't of but he's still human. And he had a witness. The police officer actually seemed racist aswell. This is why I keep myself to myself when I go outside. So have none of this. I live in Birmingham by the way and I'm Muslim. And I like going outside but I rarely ever go outside since my mum doesn't let me go out much.
He has free will. I really think there was ansolutely no need for an article. Clearly it's propaganda. He May of Said the thing about Television due to the fact that the British media is racist (BBC). Most people aren't racist in Birmingham but I know someone who's very racist and would actually would bomb a Muslim country. You don't have to read the rest it's basically about this person I know. Anecdotal evidence which shouldn't really support the majority of people.

Spoiler

You throw around the term "racist" a lot there. How did the police officer "seem racist"? What are you basing this on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending