The Student Room Group

IB Language A self taught IOP

Hi guys.

I am facing a little trouble on choice of part 4 and IOP.

When I looked through the Language A syllabus, IBO said that I have to make IOP based on a 2 works. But on some other page on same syllabus it said IOP should be made based on 1 or more works. I am quite confused since both idea came out from the same syllabus.
I want to know whether IOP should be based on the 2 works or not.

Also if I have to make IOP based on 2 works, does presentation should be comparing or relating both of the book? Or am I allowed to give individual topic on each of the book? (like 5 min of presentation on 1 book and another 5 min for presentation on another book with different topic.)

Ex. Book 1: Comparing movie and Book 1
Book 2: Character Analysis

OR

Ex. Book1: Character analysis on Book 1 and Book 2.

I would appreciate if anyone can give me an answer to those 2 questions.
If you don't understand the question please feel free to ask and post comment.

Thank you.
Original post by ponta6024
Hi guys.

When I looked through the Language A syllabus, IBO said that I have to make IOP based on a 2 works. But on some other page on same syllabus it said IOP should be made based on 1 or more works. I am quite confused since both idea came out from the same syllabus.

Also if I have to make IOP based on 2 works, does presentation should be comparing or relating both of the book? Or am I allowed to give individual topic on each of the book? (like 5 min of presentation on 1 book and another 5 min for presentation on another book with different topic.)

OR

Thank you.

I am taking Italian A self taught, and my tutor choose two books that would be easy to compare. So you would do the whole presentation as a comparison of various aspects of the books, not half and half.
Original post by ponta6024
Hi guys.

OR

Thank you.

Hi Ponta6024, It's as That.Italian says: two books with aspects compared/contrasted. So, you could, for instance, identify a theme and see how that theme is developed in both works; or you could examine how the authors each use different kinds of imagery and then discuss which is more effective and why; alternatively, you could discuss how the religious or political ideals of the writers manifest themselves in the works, to what effect and then evaluate that. Lemme know if you need more help with anything.

Quick Reply

Latest