The Student Room Group

GCSE In Uni

I have some form of plan i wish to follow but need some advice and some quesiton answered.

I plan to join the police force trough fast track after getting a degree in criminal justice.
However with ever plan their are setbacks and confusions.
in GCSE i got
English Lit: A
English Lan: A
ICT: A
Geography: A
History: A
RE: B
French: C
Chemistry; C
Biology; C
Physics: C

And i am currently doing history, geography and sociology in 6th form.
Since Day 1 i have been the best i can and studying hard in my free time.
I have not yet looking into what exact uni i want to go to but i have intnetions of going to a top uni.

However i was wondering, hypothetically if i get really good A level grades is the fact my GCSE are not great going to hinder me in my attempts to go to a top uni?
Not so much.If you do well in A-Levels you'll be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Yenson
I have some form of plan i wish to follow but need some advice and some quesiton answered.

I plan to join the police force trough fast track after getting a degree in criminal justice.
However with ever plan their are setbacks and confusions.
in GCSE i got
English Lit: A
English Lan: A
ICT: A
Geography: A
History: A
RE: B
French: C
Chemistry; C
Biology; C
Physics: C

And i am currently doing history, geography and sociology in 6th form.
Since Day 1 i have been the best i can and studying hard in my free time.
I have not yet looking into what exact uni i want to go to but i have intnetions of going to a top uni.

However i was wondering, hypothetically if i get really good A level grades is the fact my GCSE are not great going to hinder me in my attempts to go to a top uni?

No Maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

my bad, i got a C in maths
Reply 4
Original post by Yenson
my bad, i got a C in maths

That's fine then for most universities.

Your A-levels will be more important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah only courses that look at gcses are usually medicine etc. so you should be fine good luck in fulfilling your dream :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your GCSEs are fine. Universities are more concentrated on A Levels, and so should you.
However, you don't need a degree to be a police officer, unless you would like to be something like chief officer / super intendant or something?
In which case, I'm not sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending