The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IdeasForLife
It's because the Russians/Syrian regime bomb civilians everyday and so there are more news stories about them.
Although both sides of the conflict have inflicted civilian deaths, remember it is US AND ITS ALLIES (mainly Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Turkey) who instigated and continue to fuel the conflict (via weapon delivery and reconnaissance) , this can all end today if the said countries let go of their pride and there own national interests in Syria. if Assad were to fall there would be chaos between rival faction groups fighting for power, and neighbour Israel won't let an opportunity like that to slip by, they could easily push to legitimise the annexation of the Golan Heights and probably seize even more of Syria for 'security purposes'
Original post by BasharAssad
Although both sides of the conflict have inflicted civilian deaths, remember it is US AND ITS ALLIES (mainly Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Turkey) who instigated and continue to fuel the conflict (via weapon delivery and reconnaissance) , this can all end today if the said countries let go of their pride and there own national interests in Syria. if Assad were to fall there would be chaos between rival faction groups fighting for power, and neighbour Israel won't let an opportunity like that to slip by, they could easily push to legitimise the annexation of the Golan Heights and probably seize even more of Syria for 'security purposes'

I cba arguing so just take that I disagree with you.
Ain't nobody got time for arguing about stuff they can't change. I wonder if such people are active in their own community having a positive impact on stuff they CAN actually change?

Allahu Alam
I cba arguing so just take that I disagree with you.
Alright, it's ok to disagree.
Original post by Inve
Ain't nobody got time for arguing about stuff they can't change. I wonder if such people are active in their own community having a positive impact on stuff they CAN actually change?

Allahu Alam

I eat samosas so other asians dont get obese. Is that not positive :frown:

Samosas and gym aren't really a great combination unless you're dirty bulking. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys. I'm feeling slightly confused.

Can someone tell me the ruling on fasting on a Friday, whether it's permissible or not and whether one of the 6 Shaawal fasts can be fasted on a Friday?
Original post by champ_mc99
Hey guys. I'm feeling slightly confused.

Can someone tell me the ruling on fasting on a Friday, whether it's permissible or not and whether one of the 6 Shaawal fasts can be fasted on a Friday?

Asalamualaikum,

It is prohibted to fast on Fridays unless it is joined with the day before (thursday) or day after (saturday) generally.

However exceptions are ayam baeed (three days in the month), fasts of shawwal, fasting dawud (fast one day miss the next) and other similar presscibed fasts.

Allah Knows Best. I may be wrong this is from memory and on my phone.

Uncle gee will find a way to the samosas one way or another
If I had a pound for everytime I heard the words 'women' 'oppressed' 'Islam' in the same sentence on this site, I'd be loaded.
:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm making sacrifices for the ummah :sadnod:

Aunt ji's chappal will keep him away :wink:

That or the rolling pin :security:

Don't be fooled. I've seen many a weak looking auntie carry her body weight in rice or ghee when it's been on offer at the supermarket!
Narrated 'Abdul-Jabbar bin Wa'il bin Hujr:

That his father said: "A woman was forced to commit illegal sexual relations during the time of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ). The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) did not enforce the legal punishment upon her, but he enforced it upon the one who had done it to her."

Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1453. Also related in Sunan Ibn Majah 2598.

Imam at-Tirmidhi writes after this narration:

This hadith is acted upon according to the people of knowledge among the Companions of the Prophet and others, in that the legal punishment is not implemented upon the woman who is coerced into committing adultery.

Jami` at-Tirmidhi 1453
[video="youtube;edKgRQUcMpY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edKgRQUcMpY[/video]

Improve your Wudu
@ThatMuslimGuy @HAnwar @IdeasForLife @Zamestaneh

Guys (and girl(s) @HAnwar), you are probably the most knowledgable I know of on the internet with Islam ( m'A) May Allah Swt bless you and everyone else in this thread who help others with concerns they have on islam here.

do you mind helping me with an issue I have with salah?

I was wondering about this for quite some time and I think i pray my salats wrong! I find that I read everything correct right until when 'allhumma barik ' finishes.

After this I read 'rabij alne' etc then conclude my prayer with 'Assalamualaikum waramatullah'

Everyone in my family and most sites want you to read: Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min adhabi jahanam wamin adhabil qabri wamin sharri fitnatil mahya wal mamat wamin sharri fitnatil masihid dajjaal. Rabbi-ghfir li waliwalidayya, rabbi-rhamhuma kama rabbayani saghira

After you finish the 'allahumma barik..' passage

But I'm not familiar with this, for my whole life I've done what's instructed in this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPhr5Ldk1Hw

Ive looked at both the translations and they both seem familiar, so bottomline question was my salah wrong all this time? Or can I still pray the way I pray ( basically the video)JZK!!

Ps: apologies for the sloppy writing, my phone is on 1% battery and I had to rush this :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Sisters Amina inloes and Zahrah Al-Alawai - Approaching Salah

[video="youtube;JUsALT5bmUc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUsALT5bmUc[/video]

Chapter 56 The silence and preservation of the tongue

الصمت وحفظ اللسان
The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: The salvation of a Believer lies in the preservation of his tongue’

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading: Marfu' - Mirat Al Uqul]

Personal reflection: Sometimes, you have a good thing to say, but it is not the proper time to say it. Sometimes you fall out with family or friends, and have a legitimate case to make - but there is more wisdom is remaining silent. Sometimes, people of all walks of life, be it at work, university, or online try to provoke, but it is better to withhold saying anything or replying with anything. At times, anger, even when justified, can lead one to saying, claiming, and representing themselves in a manner they may later regret. There is always a time to speak up for yourself, but there are times where for the greater good, you must swallow it, no matter how suffocating it is.

Ofcourse, the hadith also encompasses speaking without knowledge, backbiting, slander and many other things. I remember a beautiful ahadith from the Messenger of Allah s.a.w, where he states:

"Then (in that case) hold your tongue except for good works. Does this not please you to have one of these attributes in you which will lead you to Paradise?' - Al Kafi [part of longer hadith, graded hasan mirat al uqul]
(edited 7 years ago)
The poet says "You can not fill an already full cup. In order to examine any new idea with an open mind, you must empty the cup of preconceived biases, prejudices, or preconceptions."
Original post by mercuryman

Guys (and girl(s) @HAnwar), you are probably the most knowledgable I know of on the internet with Islam ( m'A) May Allah Swt bless you and everyone else in this thread who help others with concerns they have on islam here.

I was wondering about this for quite some time and I think i pray my salats wrong! I find that I read everything correct right until when 'allhumma barik ' finishes.

After this I read 'rabij alne' etc then conclude my prayer with 'Assalamualaikum waramatullah'

Everyone in my family and most sites want you to read: Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min adhabi jahanam wamin adhabil qabri wamin sharri fitnatil mahya wal mamat wamin sharri fitnatil masihid dajjaal. Rabbi-ghfir li waliwalidayya, rabbi-rhamhuma kama rabbayani saghira

But I'm not familiar with this, for my whole life I've done what's instructed in this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPhr5Ldk1Hw

Ive looked at both the translations and they both seem familiar, so bottomline question was my salah wrong all this time? Or can I still pray the way I pray ( basically the video)JZK!!

Ps: apologies for the sloppy writing, my phone is on 1% battery and I had to rush this :frown:

I think that's the most common dua (the one you've posted in full length above) so more people tend to read that.

However some people recite other duas like the one you've posted, and I'm sure it's fine since there's no ruling saying you can only recite one.

You can recite them both together or just recite one, it's up to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Asalamualaikum wa rahmatullah,

May Allah guide you to all that is good. The Prophet said:

"The cure to ignorance is to ask".

What is compulsory to recite in the tashaahud is the Allahummah Salli & Allahummah barik etc section.

After that any other dua is optional. Some that a highly recomended and which the Prophet would do is the Allahumma inn authu bika etc one you mentioned.

So what you do is fine and either are fine.

The Propher advised us in many Ahadeeth to make Dua after we finish the Tashaahud as it is a time our dua is accepted. I encourage you to do the same.

I hope this makes sense.

Allah Knows Best. I may be incorrect this is simply from memory.
Reply 1059

That's a beautiful and perhaps more comprehensive dua (I see, using my extremely limited Arabic understanding)thanks for sharing. I also read rabij alne, it's all good.

Latest

Trending

Trending