The Student Room Group

Any CompSci's

Any compsci's around? The GCSE computer science forum is pretty much dead except from the occasional post every few days
Original post by iHammmy
Any compsci's around? The GCSE computer science forum is pretty much dead except from the occasional post every few days

yeah i computer science for gcse:smile:

what programming language have you learnt?
Reply 2
Original post by theBranicAc
yeah i computer science for gcse:smile:

what programming language have you learnt?

Only Python, and it's pretty basic atm. We did a bit of web developement in year 8 but that wasn't much either. Where are you up to in your coursework?
Original post by iHammmy
Only Python, and it's pretty basic atm. We did a bit of web developement in year 8 but that wasn't much either. Where are you up to in your coursework?

yeah ive learnt python, i got pretty bored of it so im thinking to start learning java or swift
Reply 4
yeah ive learnt python, i got pretty bored of it so im thinking to start learning java or swift

My brother does Java in uni and he said it's really bad... don't you have to do python for your coursework?
Original post by iHammmy
My brother does Java in uni and he said it's really bad... don't you have to do python for your coursework?

maybe he doesnt like java or hes not good at it? also ive completed that ages it. we had 15 hours for the coursework and i did it within 8 hours, im on wjec exam board
Reply 6
maybe he doesnt like java or hes not good at it? also ive completed that ages it. we had 15 hours for the coursework and i did it within 8 hours, im on wjec exam board

I'm on AQA and we have to do two pieces of coursework. I nearly got full marks in the first one and i'm close to finishing the second one :smile:. We had to make a game for the first one and we're modelling the life cycle of a greenfly (fun) for the second one
Original post by iHammmy
I'm on AQA and we have to do two pieces of coursework. I nearly got full marks in the first one and i'm close to finishing the second one :smile:. We had to make a game for the first one and we're modelling the life cycle of a greenfly (fun) for the second one

ooh snap I'm doing the same AQA scenarios as you :smile: In pretty much the same position as you as well.
*First piece needs programming techniques editing as our teachers were new to AQA so they didn't know exactly what they were doing but now they've had some feedback from this years work we have to edit it to match. Second piece is all complete apart from programming techniques which needs row 1 and 4 doing completely plus rows 2 and 5 finishing. We have 6 weeks when we get back to finish then they will be final marked.*
Reply 8
Original post by Lemur14
ooh snap I'm doing the same AQA scenarios as you :smile: In pretty much the same position as you as well.
*First piece needs programming techniques editing as our teachers were new to AQA so they didn't know exactly what they were doing but now they've had some feedback from this years work we have to edit it to match. Second piece is all complete apart from programming techniques which needs row 1 and 4 doing completely plus rows 2 and 5 finishing. We have 6 weeks when we get back to finish then they will be final marked.*

I've pretty much finished programming my greenfly so the only thing I need to do when I get back is just finish the testing table and some other little things. Hoping to get it done in the first few weeks back :smile:
Original post by iHammmy
I've pretty much finished programming my greenfly so the only thing I need to do when I get back is just finish the testing table and some other little things. Hoping to get it done in the first few weeks back :smile:

Yeah, I've finished my programming for both so just programming techniques to do really and amending a few other things :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest