The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
http://www.bonappetit.com/trends/article/15-raw-meat-dishes-from-around-the-world

Yes, you can, and some of the dishes based around it are delicious.

You cant eat raw chicken.and many others.
Don't judge me but in the summer holidays between GCSEs and starting college I got REALLY bored and watched daytime TV including an episode of Wife Swap (yeah, looking back even I wonder why I did that) and one family had brought up their children on eating all meat raw, including pork and chicken, and they were perfectly fine - the family was weird but eating raw meat didn't make them ill.

Although, I think the swapped wife took them to a restaurant to give them cooked meat and they were sick after!

So humans can eat raw meat...
You can eat raw meat.

Plus for thousands of years humans have cooked meat, that's why the immune system isn't as good at handling it raw as other species

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pilock
No you cant

Yes we can eat raw meat, thousands of dishes all around the world are developed around the basis of raw meat as the main ingredient. This includes all meats such as steaks, minced beef, pork, fish and CHICKEN! Yes in Japan there are raw chicken dishes which are perfectly safe to eat.

The reasons why raw meat in most forms can make us ill as humans is due to many reasons:
1) as we have evolved we have developed diverse eating habits which included cooking out meats to add flavour and diversity into our foods, this cooking has led to the eradication of the bacteria from the meat and nowadays we rarely consume any bacteria (salmonella for example) from raw meat. Our immune systems have grown much weaker through our cooking of food and can no longer stomach the raw meat like before, this is also due to a change in the gut flora which reside in our intestines. Providing it is prepared correctly and has very little bacteria raw meat is perfectly edible and safe.
2) the way meat is farmed now commercially means there is a much greater chance of infection spread between livestock, hence why a lot of raw meat is unsafe. If you find raw meat in foods its generally come from small farms, never buy and consume raw chicken from a supermarket, that would be disastrous!

Can I please point out your ignorance, if you eat RAW VEG which is covered in bacteria (i.e. unwashed or from soil laiden with bacteria) then you will also get ill. There is a reason why most people cook potatoes nowadays! Eating ANY FOOD with bacteria will cause illness, hence why both clean veg and meat free from harmful bugs can be eaten raw!
Reply 244
Original post by Natalierm2707
Yes we can eat raw meat, thousands of dishes all around the world are developed around the basis of raw meat as the main ingredient. This includes all meats such as steaks, minced beef, pork, fish and CHICKEN! Yes in Japan there are raw chicken dishes which are perfectly safe to eat.

The reasons why raw meat in most forms can make us ill as humans is due to many reasons:
1) as we have evolved we have developed diverse eating habits which included cooking out meats to add flavour and diversity into our foods, this cooking has led to the eradication of the bacteria from the meat and nowadays we rarely consume any bacteria (salmonella for example) from raw meat. Our immune systems have grown much weaker through our cooking of food and can no longer stomach the raw meat like before, this is also due to a change in the gut flora which reside in our intestines. Providing it is prepared correctly and has very little bacteria raw meat is perfectly edible and safe.
2) the way meat is farmed now commercially means there is a much greater chance of infection spread between livestock, hence why a lot of raw meat is unsafe. If you find raw meat in foods its generally come from small farms, never buy and consume raw chicken from a supermarket, that would be disastrous!

Can I please point out your ignorance, if you eat RAW VEG which is covered in bacteria (i.e. unwashed or from soil laiden with bacteria) then you will also get ill. There is a reason why most people cook potatoes nowadays! Eating ANY FOOD with bacteria will cause illness, hence why both clean veg and meat free from harmful bugs can be eaten raw!

Everything you've said in this post is compete BS.
Original post by pilock

your username sums you up pretty nicely... your obviously ignorant to anything but your opinion, so im going to leave my facts there, do with them what you will but its so easy to see nobody will ever be able to reason with your ignorant mind, no matter how truthful or factual those statements may be.

p.s its ignorant and frankly rude vegans and vegetarians like you who give the lifestyle a bad reputation. A lifestyle is a CHOICE so go about yours happily and as will I with mine.
Reply 246
Original post by Natalierm2707
your username sums you up pretty nicely... your obviously ignorant to anything but your opinion, so im going to leave my facts there, do with them what you will but its so easy to see nobody will ever be able to reason with your ignorant mind, no matter how truthful or factual those statements may be.

p.s its ignorant and frankly rude vegans and vegetarians like you who give the lifestyle a bad reputation. A lifestyle is a CHOICE so go about yours happily and as will I with mine.

My username sums you and people lie you up.

You have no idea what a fact is. You have spoke no such thing.

p.s. Raping is a choice too it doesn't mean its the right way to live. Just piss off. Seriously.
Original post by pilock
My username sums you and people lie you up.

You have no idea what a fact is. You have spoke no such thing.

p.s. Raping is a choice too it doesn't mean its the right way to live. Just piss off. Seriously.

Stop trying to use reductio ad absurdum to prove your point as it is making you look stupid.

A more relevant example would be, are you against people eating ackee raw as it could potentially kill them? Ackee is the national fruit of Jamaica and should be cooked to kill the toxins in it.

Yes or no?
Original post by pilock

I find ironic how you couldn't even spell the word "pillock"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pilock
You cant eat raw chicken.and many others.

And yet there are raw chicken dishes: https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/chicken-tartare

You don't think we should eat meat, fair enough, but don't lie and pretend we actually can't. Oh, and comparing eating to rape is pretty disrespectful to survivors of rape.
Original post by Moonstruck16
You are a prime example of what happens when generations of siblings reproduce with each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:
Original post by Moonstruck16
You are a prime example of what happens when generations of siblings reproduce with each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I could rep this more than once. :smile:
Reply 252
Original post by Jack22031994
Stop trying to use reductio ad absurdum to prove your point as it is making you look stupid.

A more relevant example would be, are you against people eating ackee raw as it could potentially kill them? Ackee is the national fruit of Jamaica and should be cooked to kill the toxins in it.

Yes or no?

She said that its a CHOICE like that justifies it just because someone can choose to do it. I was just pointing out that anyone can Chose to do anything. It is someones CHOICE to do a lot of things that are considered immoral.

I would also make an argument that we aren't MEANT to eat ACKEE
Original post by pilock
The username pillock was already taking you ****ing moron.

I've reported this post.

It's very clear to me that the lack of meat in your diet has caused all sorts of problems such as low testosterone, mood swings and a generally unlikable personality.
Reply 254
Original post by Atlas Thugged
I've reported this post.

It's very clear to me that the lack of meat in your diet has caused all sorts of problems such as low testosterone, mood swings and a generally unlikable personality.

Ohhh you repoorted a post. Big deal.

So its ok for people to insult me but when I insult them back I am the bad guy?
Original post by pilock
Ohhh you repoorted a post. Big deal.

So its ok for people to insult me but when I insult them back I am the bad guy?

He didn't insult you though did he, pointed out a spelling mistake in your username. Either way, I would offer you a nice big juicy burger to calm down, but I'm sure you'd prefer a limp lettuce leaf :teehee:
Reply 256
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

You don't think we should eat meat, fair enough, but don't lie and pretend we actually can't. Oh, and comparing eating to rape is pretty disrespectful to survivors of rape.

I don;t find eating in general comparable to rape. I am a survivor of rape and I don't find it disrespectful. I am not going to stop stating my beliefs because they offend people. People dont stop stating their beliefs even when it offends me.
gotta love the op for ignoring the yes you can. shut this thread down.
Reply 258
Original post by Atlas Thugged
He didn't insult you though did he, pointed out a spelling mistake in your username. Either way, I would offer you a nice big juicy burger to calm down, but I'm sure you'd prefer a limp lettuce leaf :teehee:

Moonstruck did. And it got 8 reps for doing it. A fine example a hypocrisy.

Also you're not funny. Go get some new material ****.
Reply 259
Original post by sketchymofo2
gotta love the op for ignoring the yes you can. shut this thread down.

You cant eat all raw meat. I stand corrected.

Latest