The Student Room Group

No luck online dating

Scroll to see replies

If a girl is half decent looking she will receive tons and tons and tons of messages. Competition is huge.
Reply 21
Mate, POF is a total waste of time. if you dont believe me open an account with a girl's pics and see for yourself the sea of messages that even average looking girls girls get on there.

I've given up on POF because every time I start talking to a girl she always goes cold because she's distracted by like the 50 new messages she's received in the last 5 minutes.

Strong recco is that you if you do online dating, dont got a for a free service - too many dicks to compete with, and go for something quality like match.com
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Virgil.
Mate, POF is a total waste of time. if you dont believe me open an account with a girl's pics and see for yourself the sea of messages that even average looking girls girls get on there.

I've given up on POF because every time I start talking to a girl she always goes cold because she's distracted by like the 50 new messages she's received in the last 5 minutes.

Strong recco is that you if you do online dating, dont got a for a free service - too many dicks to compete with, and go for something quality like match.com

Have not experimented but maybe try ruling yourself out, contact her and then go cold after a few minutes, scarcity peaks people's attention.
Reply 23
Original post by Virgil.

What if u have no money? I shouldn't have to pay for match. I only used badoo and I did use okc for 2 wks but there is far less there than badoo and I also messaged 30 somethin there and got ignored too. One reply I got was (in her words) "I'm not 18, I'm a grown arse man and ugly".
Reply 24
Original post by JabaDaba12
Have not experimented but maybe try ruling yourself out, contact her and then go cold after a few minutes, scarcity peaks people's attention.

lol mate that is never going to work.You are literally instantly replaceable to her.

If you dont message her, or you say smth that she doesnt like, then she will literally have 50 new potential dicks lined up to choose from to replace you.

Realisation I've come to after having used online dating for 6 years now, is that unless you're a male model or smth, you are never going to have any real success from free dating services, and that's because given its free women just have way too many men propositioning them, and so they become deluded and think they are only good enough for like the top 1% of guys.

Dont know if you know but on tinder the average guy's like to match ratio is 1%, and remember matches dont mean anything - girls will often match with you, start chatting and then go cold for w/e reason. So even on tinder where its somewhat better because you know off the bat that the girl fancies you, your chances of getting laid / getting a gf are less than 1%.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Virgil.
lol mate that is never going to work.You are literally instantly replaceable to her.

If you dont message her, or you say smth that she doesnt like, then she will literally have 50 new potential dicks lined up to choose from to replace you.

Realisation I've come to after having used online dating for 6 years now, is that unless you're a male model or smth, you are never going to have any real success from free dating services, and that's because given its free women just have way too many men propositioning them, and so they become deluded and think they are only good enough for like the top 1% of guys.

Right now I have tinder subscription which is dirt cheap tbh, and am doing not too bad off that.

Yh, I agree.
Original post by Ak77
If u don't mind me asking, what sort of girls can u attract, like 5s or 6s? I don't judge people by looks and still I have struggled regardless. But again then I look older for my age. I'm 18 btw. To awnser ur question, it may be u have a great personality also? Either way it is sad if they only want u bc u are rich, money comes way after personality.

6's, 7's, 8's a couple of 9's even
I think personality has some role to play but I'm 21 and was pulling girls way out of my league even back in year 7
and I wouldn't call myself rich I've only made £70,000 so far this year
Reply 27
nope.

ONLINE you're as strong as your weakest pic.

The more pics you have up there, the greater the chance she'll come across one that she's not so keen on.

what you might think is a decent pic, she might think is a rubbish pic.

One or two pics max is all that's needed.

Sometimes if you have one pic girls will ask to see more. That's why I say two pics may be needed, but there are still plenty of girls who will meet a guy with just one pic.

I did an experiment once with a quite good looking guy who i looked slightly like. He got loads of messages when i used just one pic of him. A few weeks later I made another account of him but uploaded my pic as the second pic, and left his pic as the first. due to camera angles i was actually passable for him in the second pic. He got about 95% less messages from females. but still got like 2 messages. It was the second pic [my pic] that was killing off his messages. The girls loved the first pic of him, but did not like the second one [as i was less good looking however still looked like him], as a result the majority lost interest.

strangly enough, i still got more messages doing things like this than on my real account

another time i was on pof with my real account and messaged some girl.i had just one pic up. she asked to see another, i sent her another. she never spoke to me again. obviously she didn't like the second one.

Some girls are fine with you just having just one pic, some will demand more. If you have 2 pics the majority of girls will be fine this. 2 pics max is all that's needed. The more you litter your profile with pics the more you increase the chances of finding one she doesn't like
Female opinion here...

As everyone's been saying, girls get flooded with messages so don't write anything generic like 'Hey, how are you?' because girls mentally filter that out. Best thing to do is to look at their profile, find something they're interested in (preferably something you can also talk about) and ask them a question about that. That way they don't feel pressured because you're just asking a question about something they are familiar with and enjoy.

Photos wise, just one picture. People tend to look quite different between their photos- girls want to get an idea of who you look like at the moment so it's as if they're talking to you in real life.
Original post by Miss Scarlett
Female opinion here...

As everyone's been saying, girls get flooded with messages so don't write anything generic like 'Hey, how are you?' because girls mentally filter that out. Best thing to do is to look at their profile, find something they're interested in (preferably something you can also talk about) and ask them a question about that. That way they don't feel pressured because you're just asking a question about something they are familiar with and enjoy.

Photos wise, just one picture. People tend to look quite different between their photos- girls want to get an idea of who you look like at the moment so it's as if they're talking to you in real life.

Is it unrealistic for the women to do the messaging themselves? In everyday society women are ridiculously empowered except for those sites where they go back to being submissive/manipulative again.
Reply 30
Original post by StudiousRoadman
Is it unrealistic for the women to do the messaging themselves? In everyday society women are ridiculously empowered except for those sites where they go back to being submissive/manipulative again.

I kno, it is bullsh*t, we put in far more then they ever do, I don't even use a basic "hi, how are you", I put far more into my opener then that.
Reply 31
Original post by StudiousRoadman

women will do a decent amount of messaging if you are a "hot" guy. If you are not a hot guy you will probably not get that much messages from women, if you are an average or ugly guy don't be surprised if you get NONE.
Original post by ANM775
Some girls are fine with you just having just one pic, some will demand more. If you have 2 pics the majority of girls will be fine this. 2 pics max is all that's needed. The more you litter your profile with pics the more you increase the chances of finding one she doesn't like

It doesn't work.
Original post by Ak77
I kno, it is bullsh*t, we put in far more then they ever do, I don't even use a basic "hi, how are you", I put far more into my opener then that.

You're 18..? Maybe go for someone in college?
Reply 34
can't really say I'm a "successful" Internet dater, but i've had more responses/more leads when i've just had one pic up ...then say half a dozen
It may not even be you necessarily.

Girls get so many messages it's just like one big joke! So they have to filter us out one way or the other, like it's kind of dead because evenif you're suitable there's always going to be someone else. It's like a job interview where they say 'you were an amazing candidate but we someone else just had a little bit more experience, we'll keep you on file. That's the best way I can describe it :/

I don't even want to tell you how many how many messages I sent over being on a dating site on and off for 3 years. Like I don't even want to think about it! I came off for a while a few times and re-did my profile each time.

When I've gone away and come back half of the people that I saw the first time are still there plus the new additions who joined since I took a break..

And it's only now I've had success..3 years on, so it's one of them things where it's more a matter of luck and timing!

It works best when you make a thought out profile and have a few photos, message the girls you like..and eventually when your profile resonates with the right person all the unanswered messages will be worth it!

Just make sure you're not that guy who says 'hello, how are you' there's no point, you literally may as well not bother messaging if you're going to do that. They will 99.9999% of the time delete your message without even thinking twice even if your profile has a lot going for it.

Even if we are the first person to message a girl we still don't have much luck on there!
Reply 36
Original post by Ak77
If u don't mind me asking, what sort of girls can u attract, like 5s or 6s?.

Perhaps the reason you're struggling to have much luck with girls is because you have the kind of attitude which thinks it ok to score them?
Original post by JabaDaba12
let me guess, u do online dating?

lets say your average attractiveness

you get guys throwing themselves at you

so u go online? huh? why would you do that

because she is a picky psycho and the men don't want her

it's just logic m8

Lol... You're deluded.
Unless you are a good looking guy you will probably struggle.
The problem is that the every single woman on dating websites/apps have huge egos and think they deserve a 9/10 Chad who is funny, wealthy, fit and has status. Even the swamp creatures and fat piggies get white knighted by every single thirsty looser who'd sacrifice their own mother in order to have a conversation telling a random fat woman how beautiful she is.

Online dating is toxic. Women on it have an inflated princess syndrome. Stay away from it for your own well being.

The only exception being if you are a man who has been blessed with godlike aesthetics. Then you should find it very easy to slay, as women literally throw themselves at you if you are in the top 5% of men (looks, height, and status wise). However, most men are not so fortunate.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending