The Student Room Group

Girls with mostly Guy friends.. attention seekers?

I mostly have friends of my gender and nationality (Italy) do not know many women. However, I have recently met some women with not many female friends and mostly guy friends. The sort of women who boast on Facebook about guys hitting on them, catcalling, post selfies where they look like 10s when they are average. Etc

Maybe this is the bad luck, but the biggest attention seekers in women I know, are the ones with mostly male friends. I have met UK men who confirm this. So why is this true? They are not the hottest women who tend to be in all female cock blocking "cliques". Do women dislike other women with mostly male friends.. for the good reason?
Reply 1
I find that quite offensive considering I'm a girl and only have male friends. I think it's more of a case to case basis. I'm doing a computer science course and before that I did BTEC in IT which means for the past 3-4 years I've been the only girl in class or one of a few girls in class. So all my friends naturally ended up being guys.

So if I go out with some friends it's always me surrounded by guys. But I don't try to show it off or some crap like that. They're my friends and we hang out, that's it.

Maybe it's more that they shove it into your face so any other girls who are mostly friends with guys end up lumped with them because they're not vocal about their friendships so all you see are the **** ones.
We're not all like that. Most of my friends are male simply because I share their interests. How does that make me an attention seeker?
Reply 3
Original post by Devify
I find that quite offensive considering I'm a girl and only have male friends. I think it's more of a case to case basis. I'm doing a computer science course and before that I did BTEC in IT which means for the past 3-4 years I've been the only girl in class or one of a few girls in class. So all my friends naturally ended up being guys.

So if I go out with some friends it's always me surrounded by guys. But I don't try to show it off or some crap like that. They're my friends and we hang out, that's it.

Maybe it's more that they shove it into your face so any other girls who are mostly friends with guys end up lumped with them because they're not vocal about their friendships so all you see are the **** ones.

Same here. I did a BTEC in IT and for 2 years was the only girl in my class of about 20 students. I then studied a Computing degree at Uni where there were about 6 girls out of 60 students on the course. Now i work in an industry with a really disproportionate amount of men. I also grew up with in a household with all boys (Mother left). So now? My only females friends are my cousin and my brother's girlfriend, the rest are all guys. Do I hate women? Absolutely not.

OP maybe you should work on yourself and figure out why you're so judgemental and worry less about what other people are doing? Why does it bother you that they try to look nice in pictures they put on Facebook? You really don't know anything about these girls.
Reply 4
Original post by Devify

Original post by Tiger Rag
We're not all like that. Most of my friends are male simply because I share their interests. How does that make me an attention seeker?

Same thing here, since starting uni I have been mostly friends with guys. I just so happened to have joined a group of guys in the first year which I guess was more likely on a physics course.

I also have interests that not many girls seem to share, so if I go to events I mostly meet more guys. Plus most of the guys I know have primarily guy friends. And it's not like I care about the gender of my friends so I'm not gonna forcefully look for female friends just for the sake of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending