The Student Room Group

Charles University First Faculty Sept 2016

Scroll to see replies

Probably going to apply to the first faculty in two years, or to Italy instead :smile:
Original post by amelialv
Probably going to apply to the first faculty in two years, or to Italy instead :smile:

Amelia I wouldn't recommend Italian medics, I tried. It's a bit too easy to get in and also, a lot of Italian warned me not to go. Czech ones are better.
Reply 62
So do you guys know when officially term starts? I know induction is on the 16th of September, but does term start right after?
Original post by zain290
So do you guys know when officially term starts? I know induction is on the 16th of September, but does term start right after?

3rd oct
Original post by maczechgirlz
Amelia I wouldn't recommend Italian medics, I tried. It's a bit too easy to get in and also, a lot of Italian warned me not to go. Czech ones are better.

Really? :frown: Although to be honest I also had my doubts when I read that in Italy there are no dissections. I guess Czech will also be better for me because I am from Slovakia and the language is so similar
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 65
so how many people have an offer for Charles 1st and are actually attending?
Really? :frown: Although to be honest I also had my doubts when I read that in Italy there are no dissections. I guess Czech will also be better for me because I am from Slovakia and the language is so similar

Yes I got into Pavia last year and the school office was so rude to me 😒 I rmb I emailed them about place deferral and they emailed me back saying "no money, no place" like literally
So great that you're from Slovakia, Czech language is so hard for meeeeeee As I'm from the Asia. Even English is my fourth lamguage😭😭😭 and I'll have to learn through English
Yes I got into Pavia last year and the school office was so rude to me 😒 I rmb I emailed them about place deferral and they emailed me back saying "no money, no place" like literally
So great that you're from Slovakia, Czech language is so hard for meeeeeee As I'm from the Asia. Even English is my fourth lamguage😭😭😭 and I'll have to learn through English

That's so disrespectful, they could have at least answered normally if they want some sort of reputation for their programme :/
There is a site called duolingo which is completely for free and you can practice your czech there, once it is released. It is really good, I learned german through it. Are you apllying this year to Charles?
That's so disrespectful, they could have at least answered normally if they want some sort of reputation for their programme :/
There is a site called duolingo which is completely for free and you can practice your czech there, once it is released. It is really good, I learned german through it. Are you apllying this year to Charles?

Duolingo!! Děkuju moc :smile:
Ich Kann Deutsch sprechen haha
Und ja! this year
Duolingo!! Děkuju moc :smile:
Ich Kann Deutsch sprechen haha
Und ja! this year

Good luck to you, I hope I will be there too in two years! :smile:
Good luck to you, I hope I will be there too in two years! :smile:

PM me for contacts if you want :smile:
PM me for contacts if you want :smile:

I got accepted in Charles University, 1st Faculty and hopefully would be there next month if the visa process goes good. Is there any other way i can contact you guys?

I am currently staying in Dubai
Original post by Shivang26
I got accepted in Charles University, 1st Faculty and hopefully would be there next month if the visa process goes good. Is there any other way i can contact you guys?

I am currently staying in Dubai

Can PM me for contacts, I'm from Hong Kong, and my visa procedures are NOT LOOKING GOOD, will miss the official enrolment day for sure almost.
Helloo guys!:smile:
Time factor is a problem with my visa process as well!
When do you think the latest we must be there?
In the acceptance document isn't the start of study mentioned as from the 12th of September?
I'm aware the enrollment date is on the 16th but a bit confused with the other one.
Original post by Shakthi03
Helloo guys!:smile:
Time factor is a problem with my visa process as well!
When do you think the latest we must be there?
In the acceptance document isn't the start of study mentioned as from the 12th of September?
I'm aware the enrollment date is on the 16th but a bit confused with the other one.

Originally 16/9
But the latest possible will be 10/10, after that you won't get in
Originally 16/9
But the latest possible will be 10/10, after that you won't get in

Oh okay Thank you:smile:
Noted:smile: When are you planning on coming to Prague?
Reply 76
are you guys getting accommodation from the uni or renting separately?
Original post by zain290

Hello:smile:
Initially im planning on staying at the uni's dorm. After some time thought of switching to a flat.
Reply 78
guys, this is a little off topic, but can anyone point me in the direction of anything close to written proof that graduates from the medical school can apply for a license from the gmc...as in is the degree recognised by the gmc?

Bit late in the day, I know, but ive only just realised that the only information ive had is from friends and through word of mouth, but even my friends have only heard it through word of mouth and have not seen any proof

Or is it just that anyone with a degree from a medical school in the EEA can apply, but that each application is assessed on a case by case basis? but then i suppose it'll all depend on the brexit negotiations and whether we remain part of the EEA or whether well have a separate arrangement that'll still allow doctors to apply for a gmc license.

id really appreciate any clarification!!
Reply 79
Original post by zain290

i think ill be renting separately
and ive heard thast lots of students rent along the Vinohradska road or something in Prague 2
its a very pretty city road
but i have yet to actually begin looking for a place :/

however the charles accommodation is a lot more affordable. but you won't get a single room (unless youre a PhD student etc.) and i dont know how far the halls are from the main medical school building

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending