The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Thing is though we should have absolute tons of cash. Last seasons summer and January budget of which we only spent £5million, all the revenue from last season (match ticket sales, TV money, sponsorships, prize money) and this seasons budget - however much we signed Xhaka and Holding for. We should easily be able to spend £70 million with enough left to buy a CB atleast and another attacking player. When Gazidis says we can't outspend rivals, he should also tell the fans where all that money went.

Every Arsenal fan apart from the ones still mindlessly chanting "COYG", "Arsenal till I die", etc. knows their club is falling apart. That their current "success" is an illusion. Upon the first real sign of failure, Kroenke and Gazidis will take all those cash reserves, hit the Emirates' self-destruct button and go.
Original post by drandy76
Not even remotely similar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arsenal have never been a "top European side" if we're talking about success in the Champions League.

It's quite embarrassing that they're consistently in the competition every year but seldom go further than the R16/QFs...

No progression at this club. None at all.
Original post by Lúcio
Arsenal have never been a "top European side" if we're talking about success in the Champions League.

It's quite embarrassing that they're consistently in the competition every year but seldom go further than the R16/QFs...

No progression at this club. None at all.

By that metric, no we're not, but that alone shouldn't be the only factor, otherwise you could say that Benfica/Porto/Nottingham Forest are more of a 'Top European Side' than Arsenal, which clearly isn't the case

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1
Every Arsenal fan apart from the ones still mindlessly chanting "COYG", "Arsenal till I die", etc. knows their club is falling apart. That their current "success" is an illusion. Upon the first real sign of failure, Kroenke and Gazidis will take all those cash reserves, hit the Emirates' self-destruct button and go.

Basically @GeoffArsenal and @BlackburnGeorge. Blackburn George said the other day he thinks true ambition is playing good football rather than getting results. These are the same idiots who delude themselves into thinking we actually play good football. Haven't done so consistently in years.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Getting rekt by Lubio

Give up drandy. There's nothing left for you here.
Lucio has done you over Drandy. Arsenal are most certainly not a top European side.
Original post by drandy76
By that metric, no we're not, but that alone shouldn't be the only factor, otherwise you could say that Benfica/Porto/Nottingham Forest are more of a 'Top European Side' than Arsenal, which clearly isn't the case

Posted from TSR Mobile

The difference is the resources and players you have at your disposal.

You're an "almost" team and that won't change until you get a competent manager.
Original post by Lúcio
The difference is the resources and players you have at your disposal.

You're an "almost" team and that won't change until you get a competent manager.

In terms of PL success we've definitely stagnated, but the CL is much more difficult for teams that aren't Barca/Bayern/Real to win since they almost always occupy 3/4 semifinal places with last year being a notable exception.
My initial argument was purely that in some aspects, and depending on where you cut it off, Arsenal could technically be classed as a top European club in a more broad sense, not an Elite club which is what I feel is what you were discussing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rather give akpom a go than sign lacazette. Gignac made the French team ahead of him ffs. There's a reason Chelsea went for bis who has a lot of question mark with him.

Nothing will change whoever we bring in. That's why I'm hoping for Icardi. He'll come with a lot of 'jt esque- dirt' so our fans when they start to defend him can finally get over their pristine moral compass.
Wtf is this.
Original post by Rk2k14
Wtf is this.

Is that Jamie Foxx?*:hmmmm2:
Original post by Rk2k14
Wtf is this.

"Yes, Mr.Foxx. I promise Arsenal won the World Cup last year. Please just put the top on. Thank you."
Ox scores again in friendly. It's his year :colone:
Anyone stay up to watch our friendly? Just saw the highlights then.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Thing is though we should have absolute tons of cash. Last seasons summer and January budget of which we only spent £5million, all the revenue from last season (match ticket sales, TV money, sponsorships, prize money) and this seasons budget - however much we signed Xhaka and Holding for. We should easily be able to spend £70 million with enough left to buy a CB atleast and another attacking player. When Gazidis says we can't outspend rivals, he should also tell the fans where all that money went.

This nonsense about us having a ton of cash really needs to stop now tbh. Sure we have cash, sure its disputed how much, but probably between £100-200mil. That doesn't mean that we should spend it all in one window and 40% of it on 1 player who is known for bottling. 70mil for Higuain is horrific for what he brings in.
And what happens in 3 years time when him and Giroud are past it and we need 2 new strikers? Well, we'd have pissed all our money down the drain. With all due respect mate, I think the heirachy at the club, whilst embarrassing at times, have a far far better grasp of running a football club than you, an 18 year old who's experience of getting transfers done is on fifa and football manager.

OIOIOIII
Reply 8756
So ****ing cringe
Original post by James.Carnell

OIOIOIII

Every bloody season...
Original post by Lúcio
Every bloody season...

Mesut gonna get u mandem rekt ... init.
Original post by AR_95
So ****ing cringe

Mesut is gassed up, he is so cool.