The Student Room Group

No luck online dating

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Reue
Perhaps the reason you're struggling to have much luck with girls is because you have the kind of attitude which thinks it ok to score them?

Who died and made you Queen of the Feminists?

Also, whether you like it or EVERYONE has a score in the sexual market place. Women are scored based on their looks, and when it comes to online dating men are scored on their looks and any perception of wealth / social status women can glean from their profiles. Everyone has a score and some people's are higher than others.
Reply 41
I'll be honest (I'm srry if I come off a bit rude) but some of the girls I messaged were more skanks and EVEN then I get ignored by them or the one reply I may get is something like "**** off", I rlly don't care at all but it seems weird if I'm tryin to be nice, I can't judge a girl online so I'll be nice in my opener to get a good first impression.

On a couple of them I wasn't as nice and tryed the "why use this if guys on here aren't worth ur time and you ignore most of them anyway", I was trying to see if it would be different but altough I did actually get a reply they ignored after a few hrs. Is the fact I'm of asian ethnic background rlly putting them off? I'm atheist too and I get on with the white people, more than asian if u look culturally.

Ps. Some of u will ask why I message them sort of ones, reason is that some have similar interests to myself. I never judge girls whether they are sluts or are nicer and have more respekt for themselves but more on personality and interests. I mean I look a 5 or 6 so I can understand SOME more attractive ones ignoring based on that but for skanks to ignore me, I'm just speechless. It is a shame but I don't kno what else to say rlly.
Reply 42
Original post by Miss Scarlett
Female opinion here...

As everyone's been saying, girls get flooded with messages so don't write anything generic like 'Hey, how are you?' because girls mentally filter that out. 1. Best thing to do is to look at their profile, find something they're interested in (preferably something you can also talk about) and ask them a question about that. That way they don't feel pressured because you're just asking a question about something they are familiar with and enjoy.

2. Photos wise, just one picture. People tend to look quite different between their photos- girls want to get an idea of who you look like at the moment so it's as if they're talking to you in real life.

1. Nope, that is a waste of time as well. It's far too time consuming to read/analyse every single girls profile and think of something specific to her to say, and it's not even worth it, because literally 95% of the time the girl wont even bother responding - she'll just look at your photos and if you're not hotter than her best option right now, she'll just ignore you.

Guys: Best strategy I've found is to write an opener you can copy paste to any girl, but one that interesting / different and most importantly genuine enough to what she typically gets, that it gets the girl thinking / intrigues her (and distracts her from fact that its a generic opener you could have used on anyone).

I used to have an opener I used to use that worked pretty well, cant remember exact words, but went along lines of:

"how i wanted to cut through the BS that goes on on this dating app/site, and how it all feels very artificial / hard to make real connection, and difficult to find any quality women on here, and how from what I've heard very few quality guys too (a lot not going anywhere with their lives).

So I saw her and thought she looks good, but want to know if her personality is half as good as her looks, and if she likes look of me then she sould holla at me and lets see where this goes, and if not, best of luck to her on this meat market"

This got me a lot of responses because 95% of the messages women get are "hi, how are you", so when you show some personality and that you're not same as every other guy, it sparks bishes' curiosity.

2. Also, you need to have at least two pics - and this applies to guys & girls. because if you only have one pic people will assume it's because you have something to hide (and it usually is), e.g. fat girls who only post on pic of themselves, taken from the neck upwards, i.e. sure she might have a great face, but she's also neglecting to mention the fact that she's a land whale.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Virgil.
Who died and made you Queen of the Feminists?

Also, whether you like it or EVERYONE has a score in the sexual market place. Women are scored based on their looks, and when it comes to online dating men are scored on their looks and any perception of wealth / social status women can glean from their profiles. Everyone has a score and some people's are higher than others.

Nobody has a score, different people value different things and so it is impossible to generalise. It's not feminism, it's common sense.*
Reply 44
Original post by Reue
Nobody has a score, different people value different things and so it is impossible to generalise. It's not feminism, it's common sense.*

No. That''s the point.

Different people DONT value different things. Generally people value the same things. That's why the score system is a reality, and that's why men find when they improve themselves in the same way other men in the past have improved themselves, their success in dating market also improves as it has for other men in the past.

Like I said, when it comes to dating, people value the things I mentioned in my previous post - men value looks, and women value looks/wealth/social status.

Y'know it would do you some good to be more cynical.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Virgil.
Like I said, when it comes to dating, people value the things I mentioned in my previous post - men value looks, and women value looks/wealth/social status.

It would do you some good to be more cynical with respect to other people.

Far too much generalisation.

It would do me good to be more cynical?
Reply 46
Original post by Reue
Far too much generalisation.

It would do me good to be more cynical?

Mate believe what you want to believe.

Life is increasingly a zero-sum game, and the dating market even more so.
Reply 47
Original post by Virgil.
Mate believe what you want to believe.

OP is the type of guy who scores girls, and is unable to get a girl. I don't need to believe anything, the proof is right here.
Reply 48
Original post by Reue
OP is the type of guy who scores girls, and is unable to get a girl. I don't need to believe anything, the proof is right here.

curious what you studied at university?
Reply 49
Original post by Virgil.
curious what you studied at university?

Irrelevant?
Reply 50
Original post by Reue

Management. You studied Management.

That makes sense. I aksed because anyone who studied a maths based subject would not have made the mistake of confusing correlation with causation as you did.
Reply 51
Original post by Virgil.
I aksed because anyone who studied a maths based subject would not have made the mistake of confusing correlation with causation as you did.

Right :rolleyes:
Original post by StudiousRoadman
Its just feminism in action I'm afraid, I mean the fact that that we have one of the highest rates of single/teen motherhood in the western world speaks volumes. Get pumped and dumped by a Jamaican man mountain, then a Brazilian, then an Italian and just live off the state; its a zionists wet dream and its changing our nation at a rapid rate. In kind of makes you sick having to cooperate some of these sluts in the workplace.

oh....oh wow. Such entitled sexist BS in one post. ~ Well done.

Original post by JabaDaba12
let me guess, u do online dating?

lets say your average attractiveness

you get guys throwing themselves at you

so u go online? huh? why would you do that

because she is a picky psycho and the men don't want her

it's just logic m8

and the men on there?
My advice just don't use it. I've not had much luck either & feel much more confident interacting with girls in real life. Ones that actually know more about my personality. So yeah try to meet girls in real life. You'll be much more successful that way. Best of luck! :smile:
Original post by StudiousRoadman
Is it unrealistic for the women to do the messaging themselves? In everyday society women are ridiculously empowered except for those sites where they go back to being submissive/manipulative again.

I message people if I'm interested- I prefer to do that. But this guy was asking about how to message girls...
Reply 55
Original post by Miss Scarlett
I message people if I'm interested- I prefer to do that. But this guy was asking about how to message girls...

U didn't read my OP. I kno how to f*cking message girls, that is not the problem, I do far more than a basic "hi, how are u". The actual problem is and I'm not pulling any race card, it is most likely the reason I'm ignored, I'm ethnically asian.

Ps. I can understand half of the girls ignoring but again if u read op, u see how many I messaged. Pps. In society girls require us men to make the first move, few girls did visit my profile but none left me a message and I understand either they don't like or they want me to make the first move. I always made the first move just to be f*cked with but I'm not mad at u girls.
Mate I must've messaged about 150 girls in the past year. It's frustrating I understand. Just go meet girls in real life, it's so much better. :smile:
Reply 57
I kno, I try to keep a positive mindset but it is just pointless. I've had no female help me do my profile or opening messages either, I did all of it myself, it has always been trial and error.
Reply 58
Ps. I've used it first time in March to May, then took a 2 month break, came back over 2 wks ago and was the same.
Reply 59
Hi, I'm gonna take a break from online dating. I'm moving out of my parents house in a couple of wks so I have a lot on my mind, once I'm sorted that out, I'll see where I'm at.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending