The Student Room Group

Post Your Favourite Inspirational Quotes :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matrix123
A very interesting read, I thought. I found the insight of this interview quite inspirational looking at what this singer has gone through and was hoping to achieve :yep: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/an-echo-of-greatness-echo-and-the-bunneymen-return-9376991.html

Yes I have, so :h: :h: :h:
:rofl:

I also found that quite inspirational :smile: and there's a book that I own -http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1093833.Turquoise_Days - and it mentions Ian's childhood. He was quite shy and reclusive when he was younger, amazing to think what he became :tongue: Definitely overcame it! :tongue: I found this really inspirational and quite relatable actually :redface: I really respect him :smile:

I have the author of this book as a friend on Facebook! :biggrin:
Original post by SassKing13
Yes I have, so :h: :h: :h:

I also found that quite inspirational :smile: and there's a book that I own -http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1093833.Turquoise_Days - and it mentions Ian's childhood. He was quite shy and reclusive when he was younger, amazing to think what he became :tongue: Definitely overcame it! :tongue: I found this really inspirational and quite relatable actually :redface: I really respect him :smile:

I have the author of this book as a friend on Facebook! :biggrin:

:lol:

Spoiler

THAT BOOK! It looks amazing. Oh wow, you never would have thought! Well, I didn't anyway :tongue: Haha, he definitely overcame it :yep: That's great for him! :smile: Aww, yeah I do too, and a lot more after reading that :redface: :yep:

Spoiler

Spoiler

THAT BOOK! It looks amazing. Oh wow, you never would have thought! Well, I didn't anyway :tongue: Haha, he definitely overcame it :yep: That's great for him! :smile: Aww, yeah I do too, and a lot more after reading that :redface: :yep:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well no, I didn't until I read it :tongue: :smile: He was very self-conscious as a child. Haha I read that the actual reason that he used to wear a long overcoat was so that it sort of hid the way he walked :tongue: He was self-conscious about that. Yes he did! :tongue: That's quite admirable :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well no, I didn't until I read it :tongue: :smile: He was very self-conscious as a child. Haha I read that the actual reason that he used to wear a long overcoat was so that it sort of hid the way he walked :tongue: He was self-conscious about that. Yes he did! :tongue: That's quite admirable :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ohh haha :tongue: Oh I see. That is a cool fact! I'd actually want a coat like that and have done for a long time actually but I don't think it would suit me (:lol:) Yes, very admirable :yep:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ohh haha :tongue: Oh I see. That is a cool fact! I'd actually want a coat like that and have done for a long time actually but I don't think it would suit me (:lol:) Yes, very admirable :yep:

Spoiler

I have a coat like that :tongue: I haven't been able to wear it a lot though because it's more of a winter thing :tongue: It's a bit like this :smile:

Spoiler

I have a coat like that :tongue: I haven't been able to wear it a lot though because it's more of a winter thing :tongue: It's a bit like this :smile:

Spoiler

Lucky! :tongue: ohh fair enough

:eek:SassKing's coat has Matrix's approval:top:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not a quote, but I thought this McCulloch lyric would suit this thread. It's from a song called "Make Me Shine". :smile:

I'll be with you in your Summer
Winter Spring and Fall days
You and me, yeah we've got each other
I'll be there - always

And yeah, you can use my quote :tongue:
It's not a quote, but I thought this McCulloch lyric would suit this thread. It's from a song called "Make Me Shine". :smile:

I'll be with you in your Summer
Winter Spring and Fall days
You and me, yeah we've got each other
I'll be there - always

And yeah, you can use my quote :tongue:

I love those lyrics a lot! :biggrin:

Cool :h:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I love those lyrics a lot! :biggrin:

Cool :h:
Posted from TSR Mobile

There are some more from the same song that could apply to getting through the hard times in life. :smile:

When our ship hits stormy weather
We'll ride the tidal waves
You and me sailing seas together
In the same boat - always
I wouldn't say it was inspirational as such but there was a film that @F.Nietzsche recommended to me which I would definitely recommend to others called Hector and the Search for Happiness. It provides a great outlook on life and happiness in general and really does show you how lucky you are for the things most people would take for granted. Thanks F.Nietzsche! :h:

Spoiler

My quote of the day (:ahee:) is "Masterpieces are worth the wait" which is from @SassKing13. I could go on about how great I feel this line is but I don't really want to bore anyone :tongue: Anyway, I think it really does have multiple meanings but for me, I feel it's inspirational because it shows that you are going nowhere, it could be because life is preparing you for something amazing instead of leaving you to settle with something satisfactory, so to speak. After saying that, it does seem quite obvious but anyways, it is a great quote, me thinks :smile: :tongue:
There are some more from the same song that could apply to getting through the hard times in life. :smile:

When our ship hits stormy weather
We'll ride the tidal waves
You and me sailing seas together
In the same boat - always

Aw, that's a lovely one too :yep: I really like these lyrics...I might have to listen to that song after Duran :biggrin:
image.jpeg
Attachment not found
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
image.jpeg

:top: great quotes as usual :smile:
I wouldn't say it was inspirational as such but there was a film that @F.Nietzsche recommended to me which I would definitely recommend to others called Hector and the Search for Happiness. It provides a great outlook on life and happiness in general and really does show you how lucky you are for the things most people would take for granted. Thanks F.Nietzsche! :h:

Spoiler

My quote of the day (:ahee:) is "Masterpieces are worth the wait" which is from @SassKing13. I could go on about how great I feel this line is but I don't really want to bore anyone :tongue: Anyway, I think it really does have multiple meanings but for me, I feel it's inspirational because it shows that you are going nowhere, it could be because life is preparing you for something amazing instead of leaving you to settle with something satisfactory, so to speak. After saying that, it does seem quite obvious but anyways, it is a great quote, me thinks :smile: :tongue:

PRSOM :smile: and yeah, you should listen to it. It's later Bunnymen though - 2001 - but hopefully you'll still like it. I do.
PRSOM :smile: and yeah, you should listen to it. It's later Bunnymen though - 2001 - but hopefully you'll still like it. I do.

Cool. Right, I'll let you know how that goes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool. Right, I'll let you know how that goes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome :smile:
Awesome :smile:

Yup - you should watch it:ahee: I'm onto Girls on film and it's nearly finished...Simon's dancing though XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest