The Student Room Group

Returning a laptop to PC world

I bougth a laptop on 12th July.

It's faulty.

The track pack freezes a couple of minutes after log in.

Thing is, I'm going up to Aberdeen, and I'm from down south, and of course, have a southern English accent, quite a strong one I might add.

I'm worried that the inbred downtrodden Scottish workers in PC world in Aberdeen will instantly hate on me the moment I open my mouth, and say I can't have a cash back refund...

On the receipt, it says refund or replacement within 30 days with receipt.
Reply 1
Faulty item = right to a refund. The 30 day limit is unenforceable anyway.
You'll probably be offered a replacement at least, and I don't see why they wouldn't refund it either if you take the receipt and return it within the 30 days. They've printed that it's fine so I don't see why it wouldn't be. That being said, 'the inbred downtrodden Scottish workers in PC world in Aberdeen' may not take so kindly to you and may find a way to screw you over for taking that attitude with you.
Reply 3
Original post by chelseadagg3r
You'll probably be offered a replacement at least, and I don't see why they wouldn't refund it either if you take the receipt and return it within the 30 days. They've printed that it's fine so I don't see why it wouldn't be. That being said, 'the inbred downtrodden Scottish workers in PC world in Aberdeen' may not take so kindly to you and may find a way to screw you over for taking that attitude with you.

You look Scottish, sorry if I've offended you Lel. Of cours,e I'll be polite with them, but the laptop cost £400 and from my experience, they try to find excuses not to give refunds on items over £100..
Original post by Thuthebough
You look Scottish, sorry if I've offended you Lel. Of cours,e I'll be polite with them, but the laptop cost £400 and from my experience, they try to find excuses not to give refunds on items over £100..

I'm not Scottish, it's just generally not good practice to call a group of people inbred and downtrodden and then ask for their help. They've always been very good to me with my laptops and computers so I'm sure it'll be fine. They may try and get you to take a replacement or try to find excuses, but just stay calm and keep pushing that it says you are entitled to a refund within 30 days and you bought a faulty product from them and you'd like the full amount refunded in cash/to the card you paid with and it should be fine.
Reply 5
Original post by Reue
Faulty item = right to a refund. The 30 day limit is unenforceable anyway.

You mean consumer rights?
Reply 6
You mean consumer rights?

I mean the law?
Reply 7
Original post by chelseadagg3r
I'm not Scottish, it's just generally not good practice to call a group of people inbred and downtrodden and then ask for their help. They've always been very good to me with my laptops and computers so I'm sure it'll be fine. They may try and get you to take a replacement or try to find excuses, but just stay calm and keep pushing that it says you are entitled to a refund within 30 days and you bought a faulty product from them and you'd like the full amount refunded in cash/to the card you paid with and it should be fine.

They probably just want to see the fault for themselves, so take it out the box, set it up and see if what I've said Is true lol
They probably just want to see the fault for themselves, so take it out the box, set it up and see if what I've said Is true lol

They might do that. It depends on their policies. Some places definitely do. They might also look for any obvious damage that may indicate you broke it and lied about it being a fault, just in case.

Quick Reply

Latest