The Student Room Group

Hello

Hello Im from Latvia and Im 18 year old. When I will finish my GCSE I be 19 year old. I want next year study A-level then I will 19 year old. I want study A-Levels at Sandwell collge, Or do I will need to pay tutitos fees? Could you tell me how much it will cost for me to study A-levels next year?
Reply 1
Original post by Kodejs13
Hello Im from Latvia and Im 18 year old. When I will finish my GCSE I be 19 year old. I want next year study A-level then I will 19 year old. I want study A-Levels at Sandwell collge, Or do I will need to pay tutitos fees? Could you tell me how much it will cost for me to study A-levels next year?

Considering how much your English sucks I doubt you'll do well in A levels unless you're only doing maths and stuff like that.

You don't generally need to pay unless you're over 20 and it's not your first course of that level. So it should be free but you need to check with the college specifically
Reply 2
Original post by Devify
Considering how much your English sucks I doubt you'll do well in A levels unless you're only doing maths and stuff like that.

You don't generally need to pay unless you're over 20 and it's not your first course of that level. So it should be free but you need to check with the college specifically

Yeah I know my English sucks, but I have still one year to learn english and improve my vocabulary! I want start study A-levls in next year. Could you please check about Sandwell College tuition fees.thanks for a replay :smile:Where should I learn English, to improve my vocabulary, ect?
I'm From the Latvia and here is much different education system than in England
Most of people here in Latvia finish Secondary school (GCSE) which twenty one age
And here in school time its hard to learn english grammar or talking english, because Latvian education system sucks. Teachers does not teach English language sufficiently good level.

Ignore the idiot above. What a levels are you considering to study? If I were you I'd consider sciences and maths as your English may cause you too underperform in essay based exams. Also I'm sure if you contact Sandwell they would invite you too the college too consider your options!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No she won't be eligible for funding that's what happened to my friend. Me and her both came from Italy but when she was starting A Levels in September she was 19 while I was about to turn 18. She did not receive funding and she had to pay £1000 for all her subjects. The school decided to take £1000 off so she paid £3000 and she will have to do the same this year as well
Reply 5
Original post by TomFitness
Ignore the idiot above. What a levels are you considering to study? If I were you I'd consider sciences and maths as your English may cause you too underperform in essay based exams. Also I'm sure if you contact Sandwell they would invite you too the college too consider your options!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wnna start study A-levels criminology pathway in next year could you check about the fess in Sandwell? I can't find my self. When today from sandwell customer replied to my e-mail, he said that for A-levels doesn't need to pay any fees for studying A-levels at all...
Could you check for myself please? whenever you have a free time?

I can't find about the fees nowhere. Could you check please?
Reply 6
Original post by Devify
I'm sorry but what kind of bs is that? I'm from Lithuania and I just looked it up to make sure but you start 1st grade at around 7 years old? There are 12 grades. GCSE equivalent is 10th grade. A levels are the 11th and 12th grade. Unless you're really bad in school you should be finishing your GCSE's equivalent at around 16-17 and all 12 grades at 18-19.

So I would assume you have just finished school and would be going to university not doing A levels.

If you're going to say you just finished GCSE's that means you're saying you're in UK and have been doing GCSE's. In which case your English skills are atrocious. You should've said GCSE's equivalent in Latvia which would mean that yeah you're in a different country so your English skills are crap but okay.

May I ask you how long have you been living in England?
I say In the Latvia most poeple get GCSE around 20-21 year old.and there is much different education system than in UK. When I will finish GCSE in latvia I will start do A-levels at 19. I want do A-levels because I want get futher education which mean I want start study at University. Anyway I have still one year to improve my english skills. So you say that people in England finish their A-levels at 19 or even 18?
Reply 7
May I ask you how long have you been living in England?
I say In the Latvia most poeple get GCSE around 20-21 year old.and there is much different education system than in UK. When I will finish GCSE in latvia I will start do A-levels at 19. I want do A-levels because I want get futher education which mean I want start study at University. Anyway I have still one year to improve my english skills. So you say that people in England finish their A-levels at 19 or even 18?

Bout 3-4 years. People start uni at 18 in UK usually. Same as Lithuania, Netherlands, USA. Most countries you start uni before 20 as long as you don't take breaks in between your education.

So yeah, most people are done with GCSE's around 16 and with A levels at 18 and continue on to university.
Reply 8
Original post by Devify
Bout 3-4 years. People start uni at 18 in UK usually. Same as Lithuania, Netherlands, USA. Most countries you start uni before 20 as long as you don't take breaks in between your education.

So yeah, most people are done with GCSE's around 16 and with A levels at 18 and continue on to university.

Does it is to bad If i start doing A-levels from 19? And how long people are doing A-levels like 2 years or more?
Reply 9
Does it is to bad If i start doing A-levels from 19? And how long people are doing A-levels like 2 years or more?

There will be a few older people also doing A levels so you should be fine. And generally A levels are 2 years but if you do badly you can take another year to revise and retake your exams
Reply 10
Original post by Devify
There will be a few older people also doing A levels so you should be fine. And generally A levels are 2 years but if you do badly you can take another year to revise and retake your exams

Thank you. Does for for A-levels need to pay?
Reply 11
Thank you. Does for for A-levels need to pay?

Read previous posts
Reply 12
Original post by Devify
Read previous posts

ok, I found
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
ok, I found

How much I need to pay when I be over 20 year, when I will study in a last course A2? 1000 per year?
Reply 14
How much I need to pay when I be over 20 year, when I will study in a last course A2? 1000 per year?

It's based on what age you start the course, not how old you become during it. So you shouldn't have to pay at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'd have to Contact the A-level school of your desire and I am sure they'd help you in the best way possible.

Quick Reply