The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I just found out that someone who went to my school got 5 A*a few years ago :0

No pressure then.
Was expecting A*A*A before my exams. Now hoping for AAB. I'm f*cked :biggrin:!!!1!
Original post by LiesandAlibis
Was expecting A*A*A before my exams. Now hoping for AAB. I'm f*cked :biggrin:!!!1!

Same here :redface:
Original post by breakfastbar333
What are the chances that answers written on extra paper get lost and so do not get marked? I wrote on a lot of extra paper

In psychology I had to ask three times for extra paper lol so hopefully they mark it lmao
Original post by LiesandAlibis

Yeh but I actually need AAA/A*AB or no uni for me and clearing here I come ahahha #HELP .
Original post by DarkEnergy
Its definitely not the one in the Caribbean - http://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/clearing

:eek:
I'm thinking CCD.

IT was incredibly easy as I did pretty much the entire year of work in the last month and will still get a merit, but I wish I felt motivated a little earlier so I could have got an A*.

I like I would have got a B in Media if my previous teacher marked my coursework better, as he was pretty strict with marking and I know that my coursework last year would have gotten an A if submitted this year.

English confuses me, as when i look at my coursework and other people's coursework, I can see that mine is definitely better than most, but they end uo with higher marks, whereas I get higher marks in exams than coursework despite the fact that I don't think I'm good with exams.

My friend annoys me because he never seems to try that hard and gets As all of the time, whereas I'm sure my coursework is often better and I try really hard, yet I've never done as well as he has. We had the same coursework in Year 11 for Media as we were working together, but he got an A for it and I got a C, so something's clearly going on and it has always annoyed me.

However, I'm starting my BTEC in September and find focusing on one subject to be tons easier than three at once. GCSEs were a nightmare and MUCH harder than A Levels in my opinion. The BTEC will be up my street more and I'm no longer dealing with depression and many hormonal issues. Additionally, even if I don't do too well I'll still get into a university because I'll have over 500 UCAS points and tons of experience, which is what most universities ask for. I don't know why most people dont just do this.
Original post by ConicalFlask
I just found out that someone who went to my school got 5 A*a few years ago :0

No pressure then.

Ohhhh hahaha ; I know someone with 4A*'s but 5 is a whole other level wowowwo
Original post by fefssdf
Ohhhh hahaha ; I know someone with 4A*'s but 5 is a whole other level wowowwo

Ikr!
Unsurprisingly he got into Cambridge.
Original post by Aeterna Umbra
I'm thinking CCD.

IT was incredibly easy as I did pretty much the entire year of work in the last month and will still get a merit, but I wish I felt motivated a little earlier so I could have got an A*.

I like I would have got a B in Media if my previous teacher marked my coursework better, as he was pretty strict with marking and I know that my coursework last year would have gotten an A if submitted this year.

English confuses me, as when i look at my coursework and other people's coursework, I can see that mine is definitely better than most, but they end uo with higher marks, whereas I get higher marks in exams than coursework despite the fact that I don't think I'm good with exams.

My friend annoys me because he never seems to try that hard and gets As all of the time, whereas I'm sure my coursework is often better and I try really hard, yet I've never done as well as he has. We had the same coursework in Year 11 for Media as we were working together, but he got an A for it and I got a C, so something's clearly going on and it has always annoyed me.

However, I'm starting my BTEC in September and find focusing on one subject to be tons easier than three at once. GCSEs were a nightmare and MUCH harder than A Levels in my opinion. The BTEC will be up my street more and I'm no longer dealing with depression and many hormonal issues. Additionally, even if I don't do too well I'll still get into a university because I'll have over 500 UCAS points and tons of experience, which is what most universities ask for. I don't know why most people dont just do this.

Be careful ; most ' good ' unis do not make offers in terms of UCAS points and also they won't accept ucas points gained from typically more than 3 alevels / btec cause otherwise you could just do like 5 alevels and get average grades but would be seen as ' better' than someone with only 3 alevels with much better grades which obviously doesn't make sense ! The likelihood is that if you get poor alevels then your BTEC will they be what the unis Look at instead and they won't make you an offer based on the fact you just have lots of UCAS points having done alevels and now a BTEC so Yh just be careful when looking at uni requirements as very few places care about UCAS points, but experience is certainly favourable for many subjects :smile: I hope your btec means you do better acamedically and can achieve your goal whatever that may be ' good luck !!
Original post by ConicalFlask
Ikr!
Unsurprisingly he got into Cambridge.

The guy with 4A*'s also got into Cambridge Hahaa !
Original post by fefssdf
Be careful ; most ' good ' unis do not make offers in terms of UCAS points and also they won't accept ucas points gained from typically more than 3 alevels / btec cause otherwise you could just do like 5 alevels and get average grades but would be seen as ' better' than someone with only 3 alevels with much better grades which obviously doesn't make sense ! The likelihood is that if you get poor alevels then your BTEC will they be what the unis Look at instead and they won't make you an offer based on the fact you just have lots of UCAS points having done alevels and now a BTEC so Yh just be careful when looking at uni requirements as very few places care about UCAS points, but experience is certainly favourable for many subjects :smile: I hope your btec means you do better acamedically and can achieve your goal whatever that may be ' good luck !!

Most universities I've looked into ask for UCAS points and experience (and given I'm going for Film and TV I'll just need to have done a few projects. Most people our age think that gettingngood grades will get you somewhere, when what's most important to universities and jobs are initiative and drive. I've done things for myself and my work on media projects in my A Levels were quite impressive, according to my teachers and peers, so they, as well as a couple of short films I've done and my upcoming BTEC work, will go miles. And since I can apply to five universities im pretty certain it'll work out. And even if it doesn't, so what? The reason many people dont tend to get places in life isn't because they're not clever enough, it tends to be because they've given up. You spend twenty years trying to get into university and fail and you will probably just give up and be upset, when in reality if you use initiative and hold your drive you'll get somewhere regardless of how academically clever you are. So, whatever happens, I'm under the belief that it'll turn out alright. It's a cold, harsh world for people who achieve academically but don't know much beyond that.

I tend to get lower grades because I have multiple drawbacks with exams, such as processing and writing speed, and never have the drive to continually work on projects that don't interest me. In addition to this, multiple subjects as once just confuses me. I feel that a BTEC is more in my comfort zone, as I'll be interested in the subject and can put my entire focus into it. My last year had a lot of focus spent on improving social skills and working on my confidence (as well as three months with severe depression), and now I'm just excited to learn, for the first time in quite a while :thumbsup:

I don't pretend that I'm good enough academically to be getting straight As like most people here, as my brain isnt wired that way and I don't function well in classes, but I feel that under the right circumstances I would have done better.
And...it's the month of results 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
fuk again
Reply 1734
I am so scared about A2 results since uni depends on it. I was thinking wat should I do if I fail can we do resits with the curriculum changing its confusing. Really hope everything works out for me and others here though have to be prepared for the worst as well. 😔
Original post by smegsxo
And...it's the month of results 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

And the month of my birthday lol :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by breakfastbar333
What are the chances that answers written on extra paper get lost and so do not get marked? I wrote on a lot of extra paper

Minimal.
hi there!my result day is on the 11th since my board (CIE) gives away the results a week earlier than the one in UK. will my track update before i get the results on 11th or will I have to wait until 18th?
Original post by marioman
Well, for Maths at Oxford the most important factors by a long way are the MAT and interviews, so as long as you are predicted A*A*A then you should be OK as far as A-levels are concerned. The biggest problem for you will probably not having done Further Maths. Very few of the applicants who are not taking this subject do well enough on the MAT to be called for interview (14 out of 73 in 2015), and even fewer get offered a place in the end (3 out of 73 in 2015).

Okay thanks!!!, thats a g8 relief. Oh I have done further maths and I am gonna carry on to A2, (I just meant maths as a whole therr srry).
I'm so stressed there's a pain in my chest

Or it's probably just acid reflux

Quick Reply

Latest