The Student Room Group

Studying Medicine in Europe

Hey, I am considering to apply for Medicine for September 2016 at Plovdiv and I have heard that the most convenient way to apply is through an agency. Has anyone else gone through this way?
Hi, My son is currently at Plovdiv Medical University. He's currently going into third year so I have a bit of knowledge about the application. We originally tried applying direct but found it a bit challenging so resulted with an agency.

The application process is somewhat long; but hey it is for medicine! The best thing I found was the comfort of having things done and the hastle taken of our heads; especially when we flew over (trust me its not as easy communicating in bulgarian as some may think), they were helpful in arranging all the things necessary for us to move and settle in as well get the feel of the environment. They introduced us to all the relevant people and showed us all the places my son could find useful. This all helped ease our nerves actually allowed me to feel comfortable leaving my son there after a week.

All I would say is, in my experience applying through an agency is beneficial as it gives you the support one needs when one is in new country.

Hope this helps.
Original post by medic1089
Hi, My son is currently at Plovdiv Medical University. He's currently going into third year so I have a bit of knowledge about the application. We originally tried applying direct but found it a bit challenging so resulted with an agency.

The application process is somewhat long; but hey it is for medicine! The best thing I found was the comfort of having things done and the hastle taken of our heads; especially when we flew over (trust me its not as easy communicating in bulgarian as some may think), they were helpful in arranging all the things necessary for us to move and settle in as well get the feel of the environment. They introduced us to all the relevant people and showed us all the places my son could find useful. This all helped ease our nerves actually allowed me to feel comfortable leaving my son there after a week.

All I would say is, in my experience applying through an agency is beneficial as it gives you the support one needs when one is in new country.

Hope this helps.

Hey, I am still doing my research in terms of finding a suitable agency to apply through. How did your son find it? Also, what services did you benefit from?
Original post by daliah123
Hey, I am still doing my research in terms of finding a suitable agency to apply through. How did your son find it? Also, what services did you benefit from?

He's doing pretty well thanks, settled in by now. I personally benefited from the reassurance that my son had support through out the 6 years and the fact that they arranged everything for us when we arrived. I think for my son it was more the social aspects of the networking groups, dinners and tours.. he really got to know a few people through them.

I am looking for my daughter for this year now, we used Tutelage. We went to their open day last week too. I think Plovidiv it is for her too (although she doesnt want to be at the same uni as her brother).

Hope this helps. Where are you looking at?
(edited 7 years ago)
He's doing pretty well thanks, settled in by now. I personally benefited from the reassurance that my son had support through out the 6 years and the fact that they arranged everything for us when we arrived. I think for my son it was more the social aspects of the networking groups, dinners and tours.. he really got to know a few people through them.

I am looking for my daughter for this year now, we used Tutelage. We went to their open day last week too. I think Plovidiv it is for her too (although she doesnt want to be at the same uni as her brother).

Was the application process stressful? I don't want to be running around chasing agencies to give me updates on application. I have been reading other posts on some of the other agencies and some of them don't even get back to their students or keep them updated.
Original post by redmusk12345
Was the application process stressful? I don't want to be running around chasing agencies to give me updates on application. I have been reading other posts on some of the other agencies and some of them don't even get back to their students or keep them updated.

I am very happy with everything so far, especially as its my second child through them! They are very professional and at hand all the time so its been pretty straightforward. Not stressful at all.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

I have been looking into SME and the university websites, and no one states the A-level and GCSE requirements,

So could you please tell me what the entry requirements are ?
and if you dont mind, could you aslo tell me what your son obtained for A-level and GCSE ?Just for comparison, because i do not believe my application for medicine is strong enough,

Thank you Very much, I wish your Son and Daughter all the best.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by redmusk12345

I ended up applying through Tutelage too and I agree that they definitely have helped me settle. They definitely do look after you and I can say that if I didn't apply through them, then I don't think I would have settled down abroad as easily as it has been so far! :smile:

Can I ask why you're sending your children to medical schools in East Europe as opposed to the ones we have here in the UK?

Quick Reply

Latest