The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Anyone else doing the Y032 module in October 2016?

Hi i was wondering if anyone else in the forum i doing the Y032 access module (People, Work and Society) in October?

Maybe we could keep in touch to discuss parts of the module and help eachother out.
I believe that @Alison4689 has recently finished this module, perhaps they would be willing to discuss the module with you?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
I believe that @Alison4689 has recently finished this module, perhaps they would be willing to discuss the module with you?

Thanks for the connection ill send a message :-)
I just replied to your private message but if there's anyone else wanting to know what the course was like etc, I'm happy to help :smile:
Original post by JusticeH2o
Hi i was wondering if anyone else in the forum i doing the Y032 access module (People, Work and Society) in October?

Maybe we could keep in touch to discuss parts of the module and help eachother out.

Hi
Im starting in October too 😁
Nervous and excited to grt started. What are you hoping to do after the access course?
Michelle
Reply 5
Original post by xmeeeshellx
Hi
Im starting in October too 😁
Nervous and excited to grt started. What are you hoping to do after the access course?
Michelle

Hi Michelle

Im potentially looking at psychology with counselling but might try adding a criminal element into it to.
What about yourself?

Stephen
Reply 6
Hello.. i am also due to start this course in October this year. Would be great to keep in touch through our progression :-)

Gemma
Hello,

I am also starting the Access Module in October! I find looking for groups, forums and other people who are also studying the same is really reassuring so its nice to know there are quite a few people on here who are also studying the same access course in October. I am very nervous!! :frown: but excited at the same time :biggrin: !!
Will be nice to get to know some of you.
What are you all planning on studying after the access module?

Sophia :smile:
Starting in October too, if anyone wants to know the answers I'll raid the teachers store cupboard. Hello and good luck everyone. Chris.
I am starting in October too! Very excited to start :smile:
Bee
Hi im also starting in October, first time in higher education. Very excited and nervous! Would be great if anyone wants to keep in touch for support! ☺️
Rachael
Read a few blocks already, which are available on the study tab on the OU website. My course package arrived yesterday at 17:30 via a neighbour, I now have a wine bottle bag!. Glad she woke me up as I would have slept in for work but I don't think she liked my dressing gown.

Would love to know why you all took this course? For me it's a mixture of all sorts. I always promiced myself I'd get back into education once my daughter was in work, my education is similar to Bart Simpsons, only I enjoyed skiving more. For myself I have wanted to do this to help people around me who have stressful lives,been there myself and see it around me both in my job and social life. I know this is only a introduction but there are many people who need help and that's what I intend to do.
Hi, my name is Charmaine and yes I'm starting the Y032 as well...
I'm having trouble logging into my student homepage, have you tried yet
Me :biggrin: Hoping to go onto a degree in Psychology afterwards.
Hello All,

I would like to take this access module to prepare myself to progress studying Bsc Psychology. I have a few concerns as a foreign student, currently living in Scotland. I have a job of course, but unfortunately can't afford to pay thousands of pounds for my education. Since this would be my first degree I might be able to apply for SAAS to help out with the fees, but I'm not sure how often I can apply/ and what happens if I use this help on an access module. Can I apply later for financial help for my psychology study still?

Also I'm afraid I will have a significant disadvantage to study such a difficult subject in a foreign language. Is there any chance someone else here applied for this module in a similar situation?

Thanks for any reply, I am a little bit lost about how to get things going.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest