The Student Room Group

Why do I befriend weirdos

Scroll to see replies

I got the impression the OP was a girl.
Seriously though. Nobody is holding a gun to your head ,forcing you to be friends with people you don't want to be friends with. I like to think all my friends are sincere and are my friend because I chose them to be my friends. I don't have people just tagging along who I don't really like and have nothing in common with. You need to either accept your friends for the people they are or you need to be assertive with them and call it quits.
Reply 22
Original post by Cubcub99
I dont want to be popular, therr are ppl who are normal, not popular, like me but i never befriend them. And im not narcissistic, im just observant and i realise i have little in common with my 'friends'.

Okay... that sounds reasonable, why didn't you make that your OP?
All my life I've befriended ppl who were seen as "social rejects" not my words.

In primary school I befriended girls who i couldnt have intresting convos with, because they were nice but not the brightest. :/

In secondary school it is the group that dont really care about each other, they dont have intresting convos, dont meet up and just hang around out of practicality. I feel like i dont belong with them, i like having convos and going out.

Why do I befriend these kinds of people? The same people most would try to avoid. I'm quite shy but other than that ive had nothing in common with any of my friends.

Is Low self esteem the reason I befriend ppl who i have nothing in common with? or am I just social lazy ?

I'm worried I'll never have friends I can probably relate to even in uni
I'll probably get cries of snob but I don't care, I know I'm a nice girl but I'm curious as to why I befriend the sort of people who I don't suit.?

Maybe you are a weirdo yourself, OP. Better to be friends with social rejects than chavs tbh
All my life I've befriended ppl who were seen as "social rejects" not my words.

In primary school I befriended girls who i couldnt have intresting convos with, because they were nice but not the brightest. :/

In secondary school it is the group that dont really care about each other, they dont have intresting convos, dont meet up and just hang around out of practicality. I feel like i dont belong with them, i like having convos and going out.

Why do I befriend these kinds of people? The same people most would try to avoid. I'm quite shy but other than that ive had nothing in common with any of my friends.

Is Low self esteem the reason I befriend ppl who i have nothing in common with? or am I just social lazy ?

I'm worried I'll never have friends I can probably relate to even in uni
I'll probably get cries of snob but I don't care, I know I'm a nice girl but I'm curious as to why I befriend the sort of people who I don't suit.?

At uni your focus should be on work first. Hell knows it isn't easy to get a good degree these days?!?
Reply 25
Original post by markova21

I am lol. What does OP mean btw?😅
whats the difference
Its not thier race thats the issue, (but it does mean they r allowed out less,) but they never make much convo i have to constantly, they reply with short answers

Lol, non-White people are generally much more friendly than white people.
Reply 28
Original post by Atlas Thugged
Lol, non-White people are generally much more friendly than white people.

Not necessarily, that's rather prejudice, certainly not in my case.
Not necessarily, that's rather prejudice, certainly not in my case.

1. I'm White myself

2. You're pretty damn unfriendly based off of this thread

3. It's pretty normal for different cultures to have different social customs, as an example when the Spanish arrived in South America and were given free gold by the locals they must have been surprised. So naturally they massacred them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol you're like me in a sense where I didn't befriend people like me in the past, now I have no friends too. But the difference between you and me is that idgaf😂.
Original post by markova21

Funny, I got that impression too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending