The Student Room Group

Citizens of European countries need to start protesting the refugee / migrant intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 999tigger
So what are you complaining about? Refugees or migrants?

The OP is a person who doesnt understand that what refugees we take is giverned by international agreements and not the EU. Uts all been explained to him several times, but he just wont accept it.

If you want to start debate on antionality and immgration law, then feel free, except im off out. At least know what you are talking about in terms of the basic law though.

If you wnat to use the phrase migrant as meaning refugee then its rather clumsy at best because regugees may be migrants but not all migrants are refugees. Its the same sort of nonsense with people referring to muslims as terrorists. Just be accurate or choose to be ignorant.

They're complaining about the people who came here during the refugee crisis, regardless of what they're labelled as, and who did terrible things since getting to Europe. Talking about the effects of them being here is more important than messing around with labels and symantics.
The West shouldn't protest against the intake of refugees.

What it should protest about is the horrible manner in which the refugees are managed. Instead of being offered jobs (it would be a good way to bring industry back to Europe too) and be essentially forced to integrate at least partially (in terms of the respect for women and other 'basic' Western values).

Moreover, there should be proper use of the secret services to identify terrorists. The attempt in Belgium came about even after the Turkish government directly warned the Belgian government of possible terrorist individuals that had gone through Turkey all the way to Belgium. Belgium simply ignored it, perhaps to use some revelation a while later to try and clamp down on civil rights in the country (you never know nowadays).

At the same time, there should be the protesting of bombing and financing of terrorists in the very same nations refugees and immigrants are streaming from. That's the main issue of this situation. It's not so much the refugees' fault as the fault of completely terribly managing of the Western governments, together with their bombing of the refugees' home nations and the funding of terrorists. That much should be common sense.
Original post by MildredMalone
They're complaining about the people who came here during the refugee crisis, regardless of what they're labelled as, and who did terrible things since getting to Europe. Talking about the effects of them being here is more important than messing around with labels and symantics.

Im talking about the OP who regulatly just talks about muslims, whether they are born here or have a right to move here as EU citizens. Its not semantics its actual different groups of people with different rights. Uf you dont wnat to be accurate cool for you. Just lump them all together.
We need to become more socially conservative in this country rather than always be financially conservative.
Original post by neal95
We need to become more socially conservative in this country rather than always be financially conservative.

How about becoming nations more capable of handling situations in general? Rather than just pulling in millions of immigrants/refugees and not doing much at all with them, after bombing their homes and families for decades and funding terrorists in their home countries.
Original post by Reue
I was referring to the illegal economic migrants.

So 80% of 300,000?

Still not "tiny".
I would protest, but I don't want to run the risk of being arrested for "hate speech".
Original post by Reue
Our intake is tiny, what's the need?

To keep it that way.....
Reply 28
Original post by 999tigger
You give the OP far too muich credit. He is basically xenophobic and anti muslim fro hos pevious posyings, backed up by the Daily Express. He doesnt understand the difference between a migrant, an asylum seeker and a refugee.

LOL. Says the guy who thinks the EU has nothing to do with their member's refugee / migrant intake.
Original post by Caius Filimon
How about becoming nations more capable of handling situations in general? Rather than just pulling in millions of immigrants/refugees and not doing much at all with them, after bombing their homes and families for decades and funding terrorists in their home countries.

Awww, but I so enjoyed bombing the **** out of those third worlders. I also bankrolled Bin Laden and Mugabe out of my own pocket.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nemomeimpunit1
Awww, but I so enjoyed bombing the **** out of those third worlders. I also bankrolled Bin Laden and Mugabe out of my own pocket.

You did do exactly that with the former. It's called taxes.

Not caring about the killing of dozens of millions over the course of decades is disgusting. I'm sure you can awww some other place
You did do exactly that with the former. It's called taxes.

Not caring about the killing of dozens of millions over the course of decades is disgusting. I'm sure you can awww some other place

Any government that bombed other countries did not do so in my name. I did not know about nor did I vouch for it. Showing sympathy doesn't mean you are responsible for the welfare of the rest of the world either. You're nothing more than an intellectual bigot.
Any government that bombed other countries did not do so in my name. I did not know about nor did I vouch for it. Showing sympathy doesn't mean you are responsible for the welfare of the rest of the world either. You're nothing more than an intellectual bigot.

Showing a lack of sympathy for the deaths of dozens of millions is disgusting; not feeling personally responsible about it is not disgusting. Democracy is dead in the West, but people should still be aware that the refugees themselves have lost everything they had due to the countries hosting them.

Surely they have some form of duty to them? Not only in terms of the objective ethics of taking in war refugees and economic immigrants from devastated countries, but also in terms of the fact that they were the very same nations to cause the said turmoil in the first place. Not all of it, of course, but a considerable part of it.

I'm not asking for people to take the refugees in their own homes because they're personally responsible for the refugees' terrible misfortunes.

So I'd assume we're essentially on the same page unless you still think war refugees don't deserve sympathy?
There's organizations that exist precisely for what you describe. They are called charities. You can even volunteer to work for free if you wish.
There's organizations that exist precisely for what you describe. They are called charities. You can even volunteer to work for free if you wish.

Most of them are created and have the principle purpose of evading taxation. Better to use political methods.
Hand funding terrorists in their home countries.

Evidence?
Reply 36
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Technically under German law those protesters are now Hate criminals.

And actually you are full of ****.
Original post by inhuman
And actually you are full of ****.

I'm really not, but I'm glad you feel better.
Original post by Aceadria
Evidence?

Basic knowledge of geopolitics and history? Perhaps keeping an eye on the news and cross referencing sources?

This would be the list for attempted/successful US attempts at government toppling:

https://williamblum.org/essays/read/overthrowing-other-peoples-governments-the-master-list

Research any of them and you have a good chance you'll find most west European nations involved. If you want more direct and modern examples of EU involvement: Libya, Syria, Ukraine. Besides, just look at UK arms dealing with the Saudis and the training of their police forces, or East European arms exporting to the Middle East.

There's plenty to say on the matter, but if you're even remotely interested, do the research
Reply 39
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
I'm really not, but I'm glad you feel better.

A better reply would have been a link to show me you are not full of it.

But I guess one is just supposed to take your word for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending