The Student Room Group

What do you think of Makeup?

I wear some makeup on a daily basis, at my sixth form not many people wear makeup so it seems a lot, but a lot of girls at my high school wore excessive makeup so in comparison was less. So, I want to know everyone's views on makeup. What makeup people wear on a daily basis? And, What is too much makeup?Thank you x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
eyeliner every single day i left the house. never missed a day and did this for a yr straight
the one day i go without, people couldnt figure out why i look different lol
Dior foundation, concealer and loreal telescopic mascara on a daily.
I think a bit of mascara and foundation, maybe eye liner as well, is OK for people to wear but not daily. Pretty much anything in addition to this on a daily basis would be a bit too much in my opinion. I personally don't like it at all and don't wear any makeup myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nimrahk123
I wear some makeup on a daily basis, at my sixth form not many people wear makeup so it seems a lot, but a lot of girls at my high school wore excessive makeup so in comparison was less. So, I want to know everyone's views on makeup. What makeup people wear on a daily basis? And, What is too much makeup?Thank you x

in terms of a males perspective of makeup:

girls wear it because their either 1) ugly 2) peer pressure/ society or 3) to make themselves look more attractive

Its all about feeling good in your own skin, and it makeup is a way you chose to express yourself and feel good then go for it, who cares what other people think.

The one thing i would say though is a lot of girls go way overboard with makeup, and end up looking cakey, so rather than adding to their appearance their face can look muddy or exxagerrated to a point of looking silly. Just make sure you know how to apply it properly and blend it all out, avoid "muddy" bronzer and contour (its so unessecary for everday use anyway, save it for a night out).

I personally wear no makeup unless im on placement, then i wear mascara and fill in my eyebrows because it makes me feel more put together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm 20 and generally can't be bothered with makeup :biggrin: usually I'll just have some lipstick on and/or fill in my eyebrows a bit. Also eyeliner if I'm wearing my contacts but it's just too much effort to do anything else. And most of the time if I use any type of concealer or foundation I break out. Haven't found one that doesn't do that yet and really can't be bothered to spend more than 5min doing make up
Reply 7
Original post by theBranicAc

girls wear it because their either 1) ugly 2) peer pressure/ society or 3) to make themselves look more attractive

Not really a perspective, more a reason why girls wear make up.

4) Love wearing makeup because its fun
Original post by saraxh

Ditto this 4th option, i love playing around with my eyeshadow before a night out, i dont put that much effort into blending it all to look attractive, im in a relationship and dont care what others think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saraxh

Not really a perspective, more a reason why girls wear make up.

how many of you girls would wear as much makeup as you do now if you were hot/good looking?
At school, I swore by mascara (bad gal lash by Benefit) and sometimes a little eye liner; khol pencil of any brand.

I still swear by mascara every day but that's it. I am a skin care fanatic, and so make up on time saved applying make up by exfoliating/cleansing/ toning/ trying many moisturizers.

I do love - and I mean love, make up though. I think its like a special treat for myself, like dressing up as a child. I really look forward to that part of the evening when I am going out for some occasion. That's why I don't wear it every day; I don't want it to lose its glamour and I always want to have that feeling of pure content when I am doing my make up or admiring the results lol :wink:

I start a new course this year though and as I have ought a new wardrobe (as I do with every new endeavor in life), I am looking at wearing light make up daily. Foundation, light blush, eyeshadow & mascara. A neutral pallet.
Reply 12
how many of you girls would wear as much makeup as you do now if you were hot/good looking?

I would nothing wrong with eye liner and mascara to help accentuate your beauty, any way everyone is beautiful.
Reply 13
Male 19
I do not like girls which wear make up of any kind on a daily basis
I would nothing wrong with eye liner and mascara to help accentuate your beauty, any way everyone is beautiful.

you didnt even answer the question lol, would you or would you not??

I think I am hot, now. I would apply make up in the same respect as I do now, if I were "hotter".

If Gigi Hadid wears make up (and I think she is a very good looking woman) then you can bet your bottom dollar, I and many others, would continue to wear make up. Its so much more than looking better or looking good for other people.
For me i love make up so much! Honestly i used to use it to cover up insecurities like spots but now i just find it so fun to apply! Especially eyeshadow. i follow a lot of make up artists for inspiration and i love how make up can be used an art form. there really arent any rules to make up, which i love because you can do anything you want with it. i really dont care what prople think of my appearance most of the time but make up does help me feel confident and my pet peeve is when people tell me i dont need to wear make up. no i dont, but i want to!
Original post by kittylorelli
I think I am hot, now. I would apply make up in the same respect as I do now, if I were "hotter".

If Gigi Hadid wears make up (and I think she is a very good looking woman) then you can bet your bottom dollar, I and many others, would continue to wear make up. Its so much more than looking better or looking good for other people.

yeah but shes a celebrity you wont expect them to go out in the public without it
yeah but shes a celebrity you wont expect them to go out in the public without it

Have you heard of Sammy Robinson ?
Reply 19
you didnt even answer the question lol, would you or would you not??

I would

Quick Reply

Latest