The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zkvzz
Question 1: Answer 2, Question 2: Answer 1, Question 3: Answer 2, Question 4: Answer 1, Question 5: Answer 3, Question 6: Answer 1, Question 7: Answer 3, Question 8: Answer 2, Question 9: Answer 1, Question 10: Answer 2, Question 11: Answer 2, Question 12: Answer 3, Question 13: Answer 3, Question 14: Answer 2, Question 15: Answer 1, Question 16: Answer 1.Guaranteed to pass the screening test. You're welcome :biggrin:
Original post by Prophet55
Hey, thank you a lot for replying however I actually finally managed to get them correct myself. ;D I've been to two interviews from two different Tesco stores since I have applied, including one today. Both went quite well.Here's my screenshot of the answers just incase someone wants mine aswell.https://i.gyazo.com/42d0e8c2d98c59db7a50f887f45db76e.png
Saved my life; can't thank you guys enough!
Original post by lilses
God bless Prophet55 and Manlikebob! It worked

Absolutely worked!!!!!! failed on 10+ applications at the questionnaire stage before I found this, Literally 2 answers make the difference :smile:
I applied about 3 weeks ago and its been in processing for 2 weeks!! Anyone know why?
still got rejected :frown: said unsuccessful
Reply 44
My application has been on 'processing' for a couple weeks any1 know how long they take?

I applied for customer assistant at several different tesco stores where I live?
did you create a new profile or try it under the old one with the failed attempts
Reply 46
Original post by Jadoremusic
did you create a new profile or try it under the old one with the failed attempts

a new profile with a new email address.
hey, i am also trying to apply for customer assistant job at tesco and used the answers that you gave ( my 6th attempt!). result : unsuccessful , again!...... i am at my wits end. I have tried all combinations and even asked my brother to fill it out for me, for fresher perspective....but no luck!! Could it be that my personal details are causing the problem, or should i rest it for 10 days and try again, coz their system seem to be in ' Reject her at all costs' mode.
Original post by Carol2000
hey, i am also trying to apply for customer assistant job at tesco and used the answers that you gave ( my 6th attempt!). result : unsuccessful , again!...... i am at my wits end. I have tried all combinations and even asked my brother to fill it out for me, for fresher perspective....but no luck!! Could it be that my personal details are causing the problem, or should i rest it for 10 days and try again, coz their system seem to be in ' Reject her at all costs' mode.

trust me try a different email address and it will work. The exact thing happened to me and now I have an interview
Reply 49
I've failed for two jobs in tesco already after entering the answers on the thread. Will anything happen to me if I make a new account with a different email address and apply for the same job?
Reply 50
Original post by Man16
I've failed for two jobs in tesco already after entering the answers on the thread. Will anything happen to me if I make a new account with a different email address and apply for the same job?

Nah go for it, I did the same. My app is in 'processing' mode.
Reply 51
Original post by e^x
Nah go for it, I did the same. My app is in 'processing' mode.

Ok will do, thanks for the reply.
Reply 52
Here are my answers since the above posts lacked some questions. I got through with these answers. http://imgur.com/N66wAw5
Original post by Man16
Here are my answers since the above posts lacked some questions. I got through with these answers. http://imgur.com/N66wAw5

Thank you!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
My application was successful with these answers:

Question 1: You are refilling a section of shelves in the store which you need to have completed before your break. Your manager approaches you and asks you to take your break an hour earlier as one of your colleagues needs to leave early today.

Agree to change the time of your break and check with your manager that you can finish refilling the section after your break.

Question 2: You have been serving at the checkout during your shift. It has been a quiet morning and the store has not had many customers. There are no customers waiting to be served at your checkout. A customer on the checkout next to you is struggling to pack their shopping.

Leave your checkout and help the customer to pack their shopping.

Question 3: What are your expectations of a typical day in the life of a Customer Assistant at Tesco?
Spending most of my time providing customers with excellent service and focusing on restocking and general store standards when no customers require assistance.

Question 4: You are just about to go on your lunch break. A customer asks you to help them with their shopping. Helping the customer will mean taking a shorter lunch break.

Help the customer with their shopping and ask your manager if the time of your lunch hour can be changed to later because you were helping a customer.

Question 5: You usually work in the fruit and vegetables section but the clothing section will have a shortage of staff for three days next week. Your manager asks you to work in the Clothing section while they need the extra help.

Spend a few hours making sure you understand the new tasks that you will be doing in the clothing section.

Question 6: Your manager asks you to cover your colleague’s work as they are off sick. You already have a full day’s work planned.

Agree on the most important tasks for the day with your manager.

Question 7: You are cleaning up spilt yoghurt which, if left, could be dangerous for customers. A customer asks you to help them to take their shopping to the checkout.

Tell the customer that you would be happy to help them with their shopping once you have finished cleaning up the spilt yoghurt.

Question 8: You have just returned from your break and are about to start refilling the sweets aisle when a customer approaches you to complain that the apples they bought tasted very bitter.

Listen to the customer’s complaint so that you can decide on the best way to help the customer.

Question 9: In your opinion, what is the most important quality you should have to work at Tesco?

A passion for providing excellent customer service.

Question 10: The store is expecting a very busy week before a holiday season starts. Additional staff will be needed in the store so that everything still runs smoothly. Your manager says that if anyone can do any extra shifts it would be greatly appreciated.

Check your diary and commit to any extra shifts where you have the time.

Question 11: There are road works being done on your normal route to work for two days next week. This may delay your journey by as much as half an hour each way.

Leave for work earlier than usual to try to beat the traffic and make sure that you arrive on time.

Question 12: You are collecting stock from the back of the store to use to refill some of the shelves in your section. You notice that there is some stock missing for the third time in the past two weeks.

Talk to your team leader about the missing stock when you have a chance to do it quietly.

Question 13: What type of job do you think you would most enjoy?

One where each day is different, and I am frequently helping a variety of customers.

Question 14: You notice a customer is looking for something in the section you are working in and you offer to help. The customer is looking for barbeque utensils but these are a seasonal product and are not available at this time of year.

Tell the customer that barbeque utensils are not stocked at this time of year but offer to check the stockroom.

Question 15: A customer approaches you in the store and asks why they cannot find the product that they are looking for. The product has been discontinued and so the store cannot stock it anymore.

Carefully explain the situation to the customer and recommend a similar product that the customer could use instead.

Question 16: You are working at the checkout and have a growing queue of customers to serve. As you scan a product for a customer, you notice that it has been charged at full price although you know that it is on sale. The line manager you need to correct the price is currently helping another customer with a query.

Apologise to the queue of waiting customers and alert your line manager to correct the price of the product.

Question 17: You are shopping on behalf of a customer that has ordered online. One member of your team is away so you are busier than normal. You only have a short time before the order is due to be loaded in to the van. As you are about to take the order to the van a customer approaches you with a question about returning an item.

Tell the customer where returns can be made and that a colleague will be able to help them.
Reply 55
i keep getting rejected even after passing the questionnaire. I applied to 5 stores and got rejected after my applications was in 'processing' mode.
Reply 56
i got an interview tomoz for personal shopper at tesco dotcom. Any advice/tips?

thanks
Original post by e^x
i keep getting rejected even after passing the questionnaire. I applied to 5 stores and got rejected after my applications was in 'processing' mode.

How did you find out you got rejected?
Reply 58
Original post by HoldtheDoor
How did you find out you got rejected?

They emailed me.
Original post by e^x
They emailed me.

How long did it take for them to email you? I'm still at processing for three applications.

Latest

Trending

Trending