The Student Room Group

What is the worst thing you hate about school/college/university?

Scroll to see replies

Secondary school: clueless teachers, teachers who refused to teach because "I've already got my GCSE's", 'popular' students with their heads so far up their own-I'd recommend a proctologist to remove it, and immature students.
College: similar reasons, and the more healthier food is wayyyy more expensive..wtf? :s-smilie:
University: we shall see. :tongue:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Secondary school: clueless teachers, teachers who refused to teach because "I've already got my GCSE's", 'popular' students with their heads so far up their own-I'd recommend a proctologist to remove it, and immature students.
College: similar reasons, and the more healthier food is wayyyy more expensive..wtf? :s-smilie:
University: we shall see. :tongue:

Never seen a teacher do that. Are you sure they weren't saying "I'm doing this for you, I've already got my GCSEs", or something similar, or doing it to make a point? If not, that's awful :frown:
Original post by _gcx
Never seen a teacher do that. Are you sure they weren't saying "I'm doing this for you, I've already got my GCSEs", or something similar, or doing it to make a point? If not, that's awful :frown:

Nah, it was this supply and because the class was a bit rowdy she got annoyed and refused to teach, even the students that behaved.
First year at uni, there is ALWAYS one student who thinks they know everything and it's only when they put their hand up to answer, they realise they don't know it all.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Nah, it was this supply and because the class was a bit rowdy she got annoyed and refused to teach, even the students that behaved.

That's a shame, but I can understand her frustration. I've always been in the noisy class, for whatever reason, but I've never had a teacher give up like that. Hope she got reprimanded for that, although I have a feeling she didn't. Unfortunately, if the school doesn't do anything about it, it's up to the students to catch up on the work they're missing. [I had to do that with RS, although no-one actually complained about him.]
Original post by _gcx
That's a shame, but I can understand her frustration. I've always been in the noisy class, for whatever reason, but I've never had a teacher give up like that. Hope she got reprimanded for that, although I have a feeling she didn't. Unfortunately, if the school doesn't do anything about it, it's up to the students to catch up on the work they're missing. [I had to do that with RS, although no-one actually complained about him.]

I don't think she did, but I left that school like 3 years ago now so I'm not sure.
Tbh, secondary school isn't that bad... I've just finished year 11 and I went to a boys grammar school so maybe that helped?
Got told off for ordering Pizza into school once, so probably that

Posted from TSR Mobile
PEOPLE! Didn't need to think twice :colonhash:
Original post by _gcx

That's the one I always get :redface:
Original post by Seamus123
First year at uni, there is ALWAYS one student who thinks they know everything and it's only when they put their hand up to answer, they realise they don't know it all.

For me in school there were always people who say 'I didn't revise at all' or 'I don't know nothing' and 'I'm so dumb' and then end up scoring the highest in the class. It's soo annoying :colonhash:
Can't ask teachers questions without them thinking I'm arguing with them.
Original post by Anmol_.
For me in school there were always people who say 'I didn't revise at all' or 'I don't know nothing' and 'I'm so dumb' and then end up scoring the highest in the class. It's soo annoying :colonhash:

This.

They think they're being modest or trying to fit in or something, but I think I would hate them less if they just admitted they revised.
Reply 33
Original post by Abstract_Prism
This.

They think they're being modest or trying to fit in or something, but I think I would hate them less if they just admitted they revised.

I don't know, I usually never revised and just used logic and what I remembered from lessons. So yeah I'd do pretty crap in history cause I wouldn't remember the dates. But I did well in physics, maths, chemistry. Even though in some I thought I would do crap but actually ended up doing better than most.
group-ism is the worst thing that we must not have in school/college/university that makes us apart from each other.
Reply 35
What I hated the most were:
>Oxbridge obsessed students who act superior to others (yet fail to get into oxbridge lol)
>Immaturity and laziness of students to do their own research, and had to rely on being told everything
>Being treated like a child
>Strict unnecessary rules
Original post by drandy76
Got told off for ordering Pizza into school once, so probably that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ofcourse you would get told off, did you really think about where you were before you did it or you just thought of feeding your stomach?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I can't stand revising. I think it's so boring!!!

And if you're at uni - being the only few to still have exams when all your friends have finished is the worst! Especially when you can't complain to anyone cause they're off planning to get drunk without you!
Those fake ass teachers !!!! And how management teaches the good teachers like ****

Quick Reply

Latest