The Student Room Group

I was a sex worker at uni

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sugarflower
I know so.

They condemn the woman providing the service, and yet praise the man who goes seeking for it.

I find it so hilarious how one night stands are seen as something socially acceptable and then it turns into something bad if you have a ONS but there's someone else making sure the person having sex is ok and there's money involved.

I dont get how they get called homewreckers either. Its the men paying them in the first place ffs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I actually find prostitution incredibly fascinating. Anyway good for you OP, as long as you stayed safe sexually and all I don't see much wrong with it :smile:

Have you heard of Brooke Magnanti? She's a scientist at Bristol University and she came to London to do her PhD and ended up becoming a sex worker to fund it. Billie Piper interviewed her and it was really interesting to watch.

And in the interview, she was asked what she would say to anyone who was inspired to become a sex worker and she said that she would tell them to think very carefully about why they were doing it and whether they could handle it.

So would you say anything else to that?

Yeah I've heard of her! She's obviously a very bright woman and I find her attitude to her sex work very refreshing. I'd say the same really, do as much research as you can before taking the plunge. Always trust your gut, the money is never worth you putting your safety at risk so if you have a bad feeling just don't attend the booking.
I find it so hilarious how one night stands are seen as something socially acceptable and then it turns into something bad if you have a ONS but there's someone else making sure the person having sex is ok and there's money involved.

I dont get how they get called homewreckers either. Its the men paying them in the first place ffs.

Honestly most of the married clients I saw just wanted someone to be affectionate and laugh at their jokes. The sex wasn't the main focus of the booking. I think in a long-term relationship you can easily take someone for granted and all these people who cheat want is a bit of attention, like the 'spark' you have in a brand-new relationship.
I know so.

They condemn the woman providing the service, and yet praise the man who goes seeking for it.
And how many men are you, that you can speak on our behalf?
This is hilarious
Original post by Tootles
And how many men are you, that you can speak on our behalf?

I think I've encountered enough men to make that generalisation.
Original post by Anonymous
Nope I'm in a very happy relationship now. I'm not worried about people finding out tbh, it is what it is.

Then why are you anonymous?
AMA
did you ever get repulsed by a client and how did you get through it? Was there ever a time that you went and just didn't feel safe and said bye?did you have a pimp? What was the strangest request one of your clients have?
(edited 7 years ago)
I know so.

huh? men who visit prostitutes are pretty much universally considered to be dirty. You are living in an alternative reality if you think men visiting prostitutes is socially acceptable and gets them some sort of praise. I don't understand people who see things that don't even exist.
Have any of your customers been good in bed?

Did you hope any customers would come again (follow up on above question, not come again for money but because the sex was great)?

How many men have penetrated you?

How much did you charge for half an hour and for an hour and what city was this in (I am not trying to stalk you, only city would influence price)?
Original post by inhuman
Have any of your customers been good in bed?

Did you hope any customers would come again (follow up on above question, not come again for money but because the sex was great)?

How many men have penetrated you?

How much did you charge for half an hour and for an hour and what city was this in (I am not trying to stalk you, only city would influence price)?

OP mentioned it was London.

Nice way to put it hahahahaha
Yeah I've heard of her! She's obviously a very bright woman and I find her attitude to her sex work very refreshing. I'd say the same really, do as much research as you can before taking the plunge. Always trust your gut, the money is never worth you putting your safety at risk so if you have a bad feeling just don't attend the booking.

Wait so were you an independent?

Honestly most of the married clients I saw just wanted someone to be affectionate and laugh at their jokes. The sex wasn't the main focus of the booking. I think in a long-term relationship you can easily take someone for granted and all these people who cheat want is a bit of attention, like the 'spark' you have in a brand-new relationship.

Ahhh right. Have you ever had any clients that have intimidated/threatened you?
Did you end up getting something like herpes as a result, considering a condom on its own cannot prevent the spread of herpes? And what were the customers like? Were they attractive or really ugly and disgusting? How was the sex? Were they good at it and how much did you enjoy it?
Is there any point in having blowjobs with a condom on?
Hahaha no micropenises although I have unfortunately encountered one while dating :tongue: It took place at hotels, mostly, sometimes in the client's home

What was your relationship like with your Dad? Genuinely interested
Except women aren't fairground rides and he's mature enough to know we both have a past.

Yes Anon!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Wait so were you an independent?

Ahhh right. Have you ever had any clients that have intimidated/threatened you?

Yes I was independent. And no threats, my clients were always polite and respectful.

Did you end up getting something like herpes as a result, considering a condom on its own cannot prevent the spread of herpes? And what were the customers like? Were they attractive or really ugly and disgusting? How was the sex? Were they good at it and how much did you enjoy it?

I've never had an STD.

Original post by Betelgeuse-
What was your relationship like with your Dad? Genuinely interested

If I had a pound for every time I was asked this question in this context... My dad is one of the loveliest people I know. I've never been abused and I am not emotionally damaged in any way.

Original post by bethwalker85
Yes Anon!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hahaha you're cute :tongue:

If I had a pound for every time I was asked this question in this context... My dad is one of the loveliest people I know. I've never been abused and I am not emotionally damaged in any way.

I wasnt suggesting or wondering if you were abused nor the integrity of your father, i was interested if your relationship was close and healthy, grew up around him....?
Original post by Betelgeuse-
I wasnt suggesting or wondering if you were abused nor the integrity of your father, i was interested if your relationship was close and healthy, grew up around him....?

...yes
...yes

Cool!

Quick Reply

Latest