The Student Room Group

How do i not get distracted

last year when i did my course i think a reason why i didn't do so well on it was because i got distracted to easily and didn't get alot of the work completed on time if you guys can offer on any advice to stop me from getting distracted that would be great.
Reply 1
Original post by Daniel Slater
last year when i did my course i think a reason why i didn't do so well on it was because i got distracted to easily and didn't get alot of the work completed on time if you guys can offer on any advice to stop me from getting distracted that would be great.

What exactly is distracting you?

I'd recommend studying at a place with fewer distractions, taking mini breaks so that you won't lose concentration as fast and also planning on what you will do each day.
Original post by kkboyk
What exactly is distracting you?

I'd recommend studying at a place with fewer distractions, taking mini breaks so that you won't lose concentration as fast and also planning on what you will do each day.

well i found it in school that while you were on the computers they gave you supervision and its the fact i think that i goof of onto other websites and such things.
Reply 3
well i found it in school that while you were on the computers they gave you supervision and its the fact i think that i goof of onto other websites and such things.

Have you tried using web filters to prevent you going on non educational website (or manage your time on the internet)?
Original post by kkboyk
Have you tried using web filters to prevent you going on non educational website (or manage your time on the internet)?

yeah but theres no filters in college that ive found.

Do you need to be on the computers at college?

I don't understand how you really need to seek help from being that easily distracted. Maybe you have a learning difficulty (nothing wrong with it).

Do you get distracted when you're on the bus, or when travelling; talking to friends or when you're at home?

Or is this just computers only? If so then I'd recommend you either do your work on paper and open up a book. Or buddy up with someone so they can control the monitor so you won't have any impulses to type in unrelated things to your college work.
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Do you need to be on the computers at college?

I don't understand how you really need to seek help from being that easily distracted. Maybe you have a learning difficulty (nothing wrong with it).

Do you get distracted when you're on the bus, or when travelling; talking to friends or when you're at home?

Or is this just computers only? If so then I'd recommend you either do your work on paper and open up a book. Or buddy up with someone so they can control the monitor so you won't have any impulses to type in unrelated things to your college work.

yeah thats a good idea and i do sorta get distracted at other places as well.
yeah thats a good idea and i do sorta get distracted at other places as well.

Maybe worth talking to your GP or the college's welfare officer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending