The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by breakfastbar333
Even if I didn't attach the extra papers using the treasury tags? Because there wasn't any holes in the exam papers, so I just put them in the exam paper at the appropriate places.

Should be fine. :smile:
How scary is the thought of being rejected 😦

I feel like I will disappoint everyone if I miss out on my requirements. Not just them but myself, worked so hard and everything went well but its a myth to always think hard work pays off: sometimes it just isn't enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wrote the wrong exam board on my additional sheets :/ I wrote edexcel in an AQA biology exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fish40
Why do you care about your result?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because I worked so hard to not have a repeat of the horror of GCSE results day. Plus, I get loads of money from Manchester if I get certain grades :biggrin:
Original post by Craig1998
Because I worked so hard to not have a repeat of the horror of GCSE results day. Plus, I get loads of money from Manchester if I get certain grades :biggrin:

what happend on gcse results day?
Original post by Sacred Ground
I wrote the wrong exam board on my additional sheets :/ I wrote edexcel in an AQA biology exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't exam boards provide their own sheets?
It's terrifying to think we can now say we get our results this month :frown: and the Results tab has appeared. I'm going to see Bournemouth tomorrow and I'm scared I'll find out I made a huge mistake with Cardiff...

Also, how the hell did I ever think I got BBC? :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jayeshforce1
don't exam boards provide their own sheets?

Evidently not haha because I had to write the exam board, paper reference number etc on my sheets. I don't even use edexcel for any of my subjects lol
Original post by Sacred Ground
Evidently not haha because I had to write the exam board, paper reference number etc on my sheets. I don't even use edexcel for any of my subjects lol

Im sure some do. For physics this year i took out 2 sheets cause i re-drafted sixmarker twice anyway OCR provided me with their own sheets. Im sure it doesnt matter aslong as you wrote question number and section of question correctly
Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you studying at Oxford?
Original post by jayeshforce1
what happend on gcse results day?

Didn't revise for exams and got mostly B's. I got into the college I wanted to but I was disappointed with myself (ended up doing much better than expected for AS but I need to do better than that for A2).
Original post by emiloujess
It's terrifying to think we can now say we get our results this month :frown: and the Results tab has appeared. I'm going to see Bournemouth tomorrow and I'm scared I'll find out I made a huge mistake with Cardiff...

Also, how the hell did I ever think I got BBC? :s-smilie:

Weather looks rubbish tomorrow :frown:

The BU campus at Talbot is pretty dead at the moment so I wouldn't get your hopes up about it - you're likely to have a very quiet drizzly visit.

If you're using this: https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/sites/default/files/asset/document/self-guided-tour-talbot-2015.pdf then there's been some big changes that mean it's out of date

which are

Original post by PQ
Weather looks rubbish tomorrow :frown:

The BU campus at Talbot is pretty dead at the moment so I wouldn't get your hopes up about it - you're likely to have a very quiet drizzly visit.

If you're using this: https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/sites/default/files/asset/document/self-guided-tour-talbot-2015.pdf then there's been some big changes that mean it's out of date

which are

Thank you so so much! :biggrin: Yeah I literally just want a quick walk around the campus and then we're going into the town centre. My mum has also phoned the accommodation we're interested in (it's a company separate to the uni) and we'll be seeing that too. And we get to go to the beach which my little brother is VERY interested in haha.

... I'm getting way too excited about visiting a uni that's not my firm aren't I :frown:
Thank you so so much! :biggrin: Yeah I literally just want a quick walk around the campus and then we're going into the town centre. My mum has also phoned the accommodation we're interested in (it's a company separate to the uni) and we'll be seeing that too. And we get to go to the beach which my little brother is VERY interested in haha.

... I'm getting way too excited about visiting a uni that's not my firm aren't I :frown:

A day out is a day out :smile:

Bring brollies - most of the good stuff in bournemouth (in my opinion) is outside and the forecast is rubbish. The balloon in the park is mysteriously out of action at the moment (scandal! http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14651704.Bournemouth_balloon_WON___T_be_coming_back_for_the_rest_of_the_summer/ ) but the gardens and the beach are lovely. The shops on Westover road opposite the pavilion theatre and the little arcade at the Gervis place end are my favourites - plus there's a wagamamas (and if you go through the arcade you can wonder down to the square and back to the pavilion and the beach through the gardens where the aviary and art shows are).
Original post by PQ
A day out is a day out :smile:

Bring brollies - most of the good stuff in bournemouth (in my opinion) is outside and the forecast is rubbish. The balloon in the park is mysteriously out of action at the moment (scandal! http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14651704.Bournemouth_balloon_WON___T_be_coming_back_for_the_rest_of_the_summer/ ) but the gardens and the beach are lovely. The shops on Westover road opposite the pavilion theatre and the little arcade at the Gervis place end are my favourites - plus there's a wagamamas (and if you go through the arcade you can wonder down to the square and back to the pavilion and the beach through the gardens where the aviary and art shows are).

Sure is :smile: Plus it's a distraction! That all sounds amazing, not sure my Mum would want to do that much walking though haha especially as it's a 3 hour drive down there! Kinda scared about it though because I might like it more than Cardiff :frown:
Sure is :smile: Plus it's a distraction! That all sounds amazing, not sure my Mum would want to do that much walking though haha especially as it's a 3 hour drive down there! Kinda scared about it though because I might like it more than Cardiff :frown:

Cardiff feels a lot more like a city than Bournemouth (capital city v a large tourist town - outside the summer the population is a lot smaller) - it's not a lot of walking (and is mainly flat) to loop round (less than 1 mile). I'd recommend parking at the pavilion if you can (http://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/Parking/FindaCarPark/CarParks/PavilionCarPark.aspx ) it's cheaper than the beach car parks (even though they say they're long stay) and is easier to find again if you're not familiar with the town and you'll be near a lot of choices to get food/drink.
Original post by PQ
Cardiff feels a lot more like a city than Bournemouth (capital city v a large tourist town - outside the summer the population is a lot smaller) - it's not a lot of walking (and is mainly flat) to loop round (less than 1 mile). I'd recommend parking at the pavilion if you can (http://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/Parking/FindaCarPark/CarParks/PavilionCarPark.aspx ) it's cheaper than the beach car parks (even though they say they're long stay) and is easier to find again if you're not familiar with the town and you'll be near a lot of choices to get food/drink.

How do you know so much? :tongue: I'll definitely tell Mum about the parking, thanks! She's decided to bring 2 dogs with her too, one of which I have never met.
How do you know so much? :tongue: I'll definitely tell Mum about the parking, thanks! She's decided to bring 2 dogs with her too, one of which I have never met.

I'm really really REALLY old :wink:

(dogs have to be on a lead at the beach over the summer http://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/AttractionsLeisure/BeachesandWaterfront/BeachGuidelines.aspx and in the gardens all year round - they're really strict about it)
Reply 1778
anyone got an offer to study business management/international management at KCL, Warwick or LSE??
Original post by hkara
anyone got an offer to study business management/international management at KCL, Warwick or LSE??

if there are you're more likely to find them posting in the King's College London, University of Warwick or London School of Economics forums :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest