The Student Room Group

Is my lecturer aloud to refuse help even if I told him about my medical illness

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Highfiveyou
If you can help me with section 63 and whether it is a specific intent, then I will appreciate it immensely. It's not in any textbook. I've been on law trove and everything. Have been through so many books still can't find the answer. This is my main concern
And that tells me that you're not looking after yourself because from the title of the post, my main concern would be your welfare. So:
1.) What is your medical illness (if that's not too personal)
1b.) Are the disability support services at your university aware of this? If so, have they put a plan in place (PEP etc.) to deal with this?
1c.) Does this include the behaviour of your tutors and lecturers to adapt to your needs in the learning environment?/Does your condition have an impact in a learning environment?
2.) Are we referring to a number of lecturers here? You mention 'him' in the title and then 'she' in your post.

Let me make this clear before I make any assumptions (purpose of the questions): if (big if) your illness (which you have failed to mention during your posts despite several people asking) has no impact upon either your own work, or your relationship with the tutors and lecturers/teaching and learning process; then you have misrepresented your case in the thread title from genuinely asking for help in a genuinely disadvantaged position, to being able to complain about the poor relationship that you seem to have with your tutors, which we can only take your word for.

If in fact, your position is genuine (which I make no assumptions over) then I apologies for the above paragraph: it does not apply to you.
I just cannot imagine a university lecturer screaming in someone's face or physically shoving someone as the OP has stated.
If I was on the receiving end of such conduct I would present myself at the Dean's office.
Original post by Seamus123
I just cannot imagine a university lecturer screaming in someone's face or physically shoving someone as the OP has stated.
If I was on the receiving end of such conduct I would present myself at the Dean's office.

What is the deans office? She had the discretion to mark my work, and many students that have previosuly also had issues with her have mentioned how she may mark me lower for my exam if I reported her. That is why I am awaiting for my exam and once my results come, then I can take full action.
Original post by 04MR17
And that tells me that you're not looking after yourself because from the title of the post, my main concern would be your welfare. So:
1b.) Are the disability support services at your university aware of this? If so, have they put a plan in place (PEP etc.) to deal with this?
1c.) Does this include the behaviour of your tutors and lecturers to adapt to your needs in the learning environment?/Does your condition have an impact in a learning environment?
2.) Are we referring to a number of lecturers here? You mention 'him' in the title and then 'she' in your post.

Let me make this clear before I make any assumptions (purpose of the questions): if (big if) your illness (which you have failed to mention during your posts despite several people asking) has no impact upon either your own work, or your relationship with the tutors and lecturers/teaching and learning process; then you have misrepresented your case in the thread title from genuinely asking for help in a genuinely disadvantaged position, to being able to complain about the poor relationship that you seem to have with your tutors, which we can only take your word for.

If in fact, your position is genuine (which I make no assumptions over) then I apologies for the above paragraph: it does not apply to you.

Its so sad that you think I would make such a thing up. What will I gain from
Posting this on student room, if I was
Lying? Why would I lie about something so important and serious? You have 0 considerations, and need to stop assuming. :smile:
If you can help me with section 63 and whether it is a specific intent, then I will appreciate it immensely. It's not in any textbook. I've been on law trove and everything. Have been through so many books still can't find the answer. This is my main concern

You arent reading the books properly. Ive already given you enough information to determine the answer. Its helpful if you know why a crime is specific rather than basic intent, then you can apply that understanding to any crime.

Just read the link to the statutory definition and think about the mens rea required to prove it.
What is the deans office? She had the discretion to mark my work, and many students that have previosuly also had issues with her have mentioned how she may mark me lower for my exam if I reported her. That is why I am awaiting for my exam and once my results come, then I can take full action.

You should make a complaint beforehand or they will think its just becayse you got a poor mark. Discuss your concerns with the people I mentioned earlier.
So someone has physically and verbally assaulted you, and you have taken no action?
Furthmore, Tigger Has already explained the concepts of what you wanted to know, so why do you persist in asking the same question?
And it is you who are making assumptions here. I am 68 years old, have 7 children and 16 grandchildren. And I was not born yesterday. I am a very considerate person with a lot of life experience.
Just as I don't believe that a university lecturer would behave in the way you say, why would they? Put their reputation, their job, and their standing at risk.
You obviously have health issues you don't wish to discuss here, but you did ask the question in your OP and included them in that.
What do you expect people to think and how do you think it looks?
Original post by Seamus123
So someone has physically and verbally assaulted you, and you have taken no action?
Furthmore, Tigger Has already explained the concepts of what you wanted to know, so why do you persist in asking the same question?
And it is you who are making assumptions here. I am 68 years old, have 7 children and 16 grandchildren. And I was not born yesterday. I am a very considerate person with a lot of life experience.
Just as I don't believe that a university lecturer would behave in the way you say, why would they? Put their reputation, their job, and their standing at risk.
You obviously have health issues you don't wish to discuss here, but you did ask the question in your OP and included them in that.
What do you expect people to think and how do you think it looks?

You can't judge everyone based on their actions. Not everyone will take that step to report someone. Why are you stating your age, and family tree? Your age isn't relevant to the topic, and neither is your family tree. I think you should think before you type Here Because you can hurt people's feelings. Would you report someone if that was the case? If the possibility of getting a decent grade was at stake, would you have taken that step? There are a lot of nasty people in this world, who sometimes have more power & authority over you. I'm not going to ruin a decent grade just because I reported her. Well how is my complaint going to succeed when she has gotten away with it for so long? If you are not going to say anything nice, don't say anything at all. You may be elder than me, but don't say that. You have not experienced every issue in life. Just the issue you have experienced, and you can't judge others position based on what you have experienced for yourself. Everyone's
Circumstances differ, and you need to appreciate that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
You should make a complaint beforehand or they will think its just becayse you got a poor mark. Discuss your concerns with the people I mentioned earlier.

Thank you!
Original post by 04MR17
I have made no assumptions. Hence why I said:
"If in fact, your position is genuine (which I make no assumptions over) then I apologies for the above paragraph: it does not apply to you."

Do you seriously expect me to ask you for more information for a third time? All I stressed was the seriousness of your title, which hasn't been reflected by your responses.
So, for the final time of asking:

Can I say that if (big if) you dodge these questions for the third time, then I will just assume that either you are significantly exaggerating your position or your medical illness is something to do with not be able to answer questions.

Having looked at their query, then I cant see whatever illness they have is relevant.

Lecturers dont shout and scream at people irrspective of disability.
There is no indication that the disabiliyu was a factor in how they were treated.
The OP's problem is one of basic research and understanding, with the answer to be found in a textbook. A lecturer isnt obliged to explain, although I have never come across one who wasnt helpful if asked in the correct way.
OP is on another thread asking exactly the same question which was answered for him here.
A thread resurrected from 2012 entitled "A couple of really quick questions please? Criminal sexual offences". And there are several other threads too.
Is it illegal to post On the student room? You all need to give it a rest? Your online on student room so stop being harsh and acting all tough behind the screen. You are nothing but a bully. I don't know why you are so desperate to know about my condition? It's very personal. I have threads because I wanted help, I guess you get a thrill out of bullying people online. I don't think you would act so sharp with your words if you were not behind the screen. Stop being something you'r not and stop being so hurtful behind the screen. I am not
Responding now, and please do not
Stalk my
Posts it's creepy. @04M R17 has been messaging me non stop. Can you please go away
For your information, I am a female. Furthermore, I am a student. I can post on any thread I wish to and if you don't like it, that's your problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending