The Student Room Group

No motivation to revise for mocks??

I have no motivation whatsoever to revise for these mocks i have when i start year 13. since not all subjects have AS exams anymore, we have to take mocks and those grades will be sent off to any unis we're looking to go to (if we wish to go to uni, which i do). i have no motivation because i've never taken mocks seriously, i did horribly in my gcse mocks yet i passed everything in my actual gcse exams you know? so if anyone would be kind enough to provide some words of wisdom which could help to motivate me it would be very appreciated, many thanks :smile:
Original post by Uyirpeariel
I have no motivation whatsoever to revise for these mocks i have when i start year 13. since not all subjects have AS exams anymore, we have to take mocks and those grades will be sent off to any unis we're looking to go to (if we wish to go to uni, which i do). i have no motivation because i've never taken mocks seriously, i did horribly in my gcse mocks yet i passed everything in my actual gcse exams you know? so if anyone would be kind enough to provide some words of wisdom which could help to motivate me it would be very appreciated, many thanks :smile:

It will lessen the workload later on to get some revision/note making done now. Also, it will boost your confidence doing revision early, and doing well in mocks. There's a lot less stress and tension later on that way! :smile:
I think ultimately, you know how much work you've put into mocks. I'm very much like you in that I've always thought mocks mean very litlle and therefore I've never revised for mocks ever. However, I know that I'll actually put the work in when it's closer to exams.

Therefore, I feel like if you don't have the motivation to revise then don't pressure yourself into revising. There's still a whole year for you to revise for your A-levels and you don't want to be burnt out from revising early on.
Original post by Uyirpeariel

You've already said it. Yes they are mocks and not the real exam, but since unis won't have any AS results for some subjects, they'll look at these mock results. Since you've said you want to go to uni, surely the fact that they'll be looking at your mock results should be motivation enough to put effort into revising for these mocks.

Quick Reply

Latest